The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RFID Blocking Wallet  (Read 12632 times)

Stolid

Re: RFID Blocking Wallet
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 03:45:16 am »

Both my wife and I need to renew our passports.  I have understood that children now need their own passports too.  What a PITA

The "hole" has been blocked up (by my reading, renewing a passport requires you be 16+ at the time of the original photo's renewal) but I remember a story about someone travelling with a passport issued to someone else of the same age when they were very young (like 2 or 3) -- basically same skin and hair color was all that could be matched. I thought it was fairly amusing/creative/smart.

Dull'Hawk

• DullHawk.com
    • dullhawk.com
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 11:58:09 am »

Could you place your RFID cards in one of those brass business card cases?  I just got one for free at the flea market and was wondering about that.

Kent
Kent For Liberty

Firefly militia: millions strong, one at a time.

Declaration of Liberation: I hereby withdraw any and all consent (if, indeed, consent was ever given) to be subject to the whims of the murderous, criminal collective known as "government".

dannykay

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 09:41:11 am »

I was thinking the same thing about a passport. It could be put into a cover/case of some kind, which just happens to block the signal.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 01:19:04 pm »

http://www.difrwear.com/products.shtml

I believe the passport case is $15
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

Scarmiglione'

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 09:55:12 am »

The passport has it's own RFID shield built into the covers.  As long as it is closed, it can't be read.

Also, if you were to drop a hammer on your passport and crack that chip, it won't be able to transmit at all, and your passport is still valid, although traveling with it might put you under greater scrutiny, nor does it prohibit the ability of the face recognition systems.
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 05:58:48 pm »

Also, if you were to drop a hammer on your passport and crack that chip, it won't be able to transmit at all, and your passport is still valid, although traveling with it might put you under greater scrutiny, nor does it prohibit the ability of the face recognition systems.

I am so clumsy.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

dogsledder54

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 12:43:43 pm »

thinkgeek.com has RFID blocking wallets and passport covers

iloilo

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 07:05:08 pm »

I am so clumsy.

:sign10:

vonuvan

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 05:41:45 pm »

I made one of these this morning just for giggles (I dont have anything that goes into my wallet with RFID, so giggles is all its good for) but it was very easy to do, and makes a halfway decent wallet.

However, it would probably be easier and less tin-foil-hat to make a "card cozy" out of foil and duct tape for your individual cards.

It would be easier still to get a small ballpeen hammer and learn to use it to shatter the chip without marring the card.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up