The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What should be posted here?  (Read 25404 times)

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
What should be posted here?
« on: December 01, 2006, 09:08:28 am »

Post here if:

• You have a skill or service you want to market to other TCF members
  • You have an item to sell or barter

All items and services must be lawful. As always, TCF may not be used for illegal purposes.

You may post products you regularly sell, or a one-off item like a used vehicle.

If location is important (as in selling a large item or doing manual labor), please state where the service or item is.

Whether you ask cash, gold, trade, etc. is between you and the purchaser. In fact, ALL terms are between you and the purchaser.

Please work out specific purchase details via PM, email, or other non-public means. Use these open forums to post offers or ask questions about those offers, but do the deal between yourselves.

SPAM is still completely unwelcome -- unless you happen to be selling a case of :spam1: for survival stocks.

All purchases, hirings, swaps, etc. are strictly between the parties offering and accepting. Neither TCF nor any of its owners, administrators, moderators, or members provides any guarantee of quality or reliability. We have NO legal liability for your private activities. CAVEAT EMPTOR. And enjoy.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 01:54:15 pm by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Dull'Hawk

• DullHawk.com
    • dullhawk.com
Re: What should be posted here?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 09:26:32 am »

Would there be a way to delete threads for one of a kind items which are gone?  Or is there a good reason to keep the thread around?

Kent
Kent For Liberty

Firefly militia: millions strong, one at a time.

Declaration of Liberation: I hereby withdraw any and all consent (if, indeed, consent was ever given) to be subject to the whims of the murderous, criminal collective known as "government".

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 11:45:56 am »

Would there be a way to delete threads for one of a kind items which are gone?  Or is there a good reason to keep the thread around?

Kent

Good question, Kent.

I'd say in general the original poster should just post an "item taken" notice. Then the thread can just float out of view over time. Possibly some future reader would be interested in some aspect of the thread, even if the item is gone.

However, if people want their original posts taken down and don't have "remove thread" powers, they could PM the mods and ask them to do it. Does that sound like a reasonable solution? (Hope this means your Dull'Hawk flags sold like copies of "Common Sense."  :mellow:
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

Dull'Hawk

• DullHawk.com
    • dullhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 03:42:55 pm »

Hope this means your Dull'Hawk flags sold like copies of "Common Sense."  :mellow:

I wish  :rolleyes:  ... LOL

Kent
Kent For Liberty

Firefly militia: millions strong, one at a time.

Declaration of Liberation: I hereby withdraw any and all consent (if, indeed, consent was ever given) to be subject to the whims of the murderous, criminal collective known as "government".

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 12:10:53 am »

Hey Claire,

OK, OK a computer geek I'm not but I don't find the "new topic" button on this thread.

How do I put up a notice ?
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 12:44:31 am »

Kirsten,

Thanks

I guess I'll just have to do my 10 posts as "answers" or "comments" to "earn" my stripes.

Having been in the military I can live through nearly anything. It might HELP to explain that to all new members when they sign up.
As In : READ THIS FIRST or YOU SHOULD KNOW or some such.

"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Not a TMM member

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 12:48:01 am »

Not sympathetic to the tinfoil hat crowd.

Not a TMM member

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 12:52:23 am »

Not sympathetic to the tinfoil hat crowd.

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 09:53:39 am »

Having been in the military I can live through nearly anything. It might HELP to explain that to all new members when they sign up.
As In : READ THIS FIRST or YOU SHOULD KNOW or some such.

We just started the policy as a spam-prevention measure. Still need to add it to the rules people agree to at the time of registration (something I don't know how to do yet). I see you're well on your way to "official" newbie status.

wolfsarar

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 04:49:30 pm »

Hello, I am new here :). I was wondering is there a reason there is no New Topic button for me,lol?  I get mark as read and Notify but thats it at the start of the boards i would like to post in.

ScottBieser

• Provisional
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 09:56:17 am »

Would offering my graphic novels for sale here be considered SPAM?

Thunder

• Go away, boy! Ya bother me! -Foghorn Leghorn
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 10:31:33 am »

I wouldn't think so.  I think they'd be welcome.  Then again, I'm not one of the head honchos around here.
Thunder[/color][/font]

There are times, sir, when men of good conscience cannot blindly follow orders.  -Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Wars will cease when people start loving their children more than they love the government.

People use the term 'chaos' only when they can't see far enough to view the big picture.   -Deepak Chopra

There are no illegal guns, only illegal gun laws.

NuclearDruid

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 10:35:35 am »

The Art Gallery of "Liberty's Cartoonist"

You did some of the graphics for SFC? Too cool! I'll link you here and give you a hearty welcome!

ND
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 10:43:34 am by NuclearDruid »
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Scarmiglione'

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 10:36:49 am »

Not at all! 
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

Junker

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 02:12:08 pm »

Exactly, scarmig. Good stuff be ScottBieser.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up