The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What should be posted here?  (Read 23246 times)

ScottBieser

• Provisional
Re: What should be posted here?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 07:19:59 pm »

You did some of the graphics for SFC? Too cool!

Actually, I was the art director for SFC. Those "species portrait" paintings were the only thing that were particularly mine -- the rest involved noodling with 3D models, cleaning up some texture maps, and, mostly, directing other artists in the development of the graphic interface.

Also, when we were play-testing the game, I came up with a way to escape getting clobbered by larger AI ships via exploiting a weakness in the game design that the producer decided to call "The Bieser Maneuver."  ^_^

That was my last hurrah at Interplay. I was laid off in 2000 and now I've moved from computer games back to comics/graphic novels.

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 07:40:37 pm »

Outstanding! 2 more posts and you will be able to start a thread  :rolleyes: LOL Welcome, and hope to see you around the rest of the board.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 08:03:08 am »

Would offering my graphic novels for sale here be considered SPAM?

One man's opinion:

No way. I would welcome that offering.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

icbkr

• Lord of the Files
  • We're gonna need a bigger boat.
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 05:24:20 pm »

Outstanding! 2 more posts and you will be able to start a thread  :rolleyes: LOL Welcome, and hope to see you around the rest of the board.

Ha!  Funny when you stumble across some senior members n00b post.  Like finding your HS year book.
Pen, sword, meh.  If I kill the guy with the idea before he gets to relate it, the sword wins.  Again.  Memes are highly overrated.

Silver

• thrivalist
  • Moderator Group
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 09:01:38 am »

Would there be a way to delete threads for one of a kind items which are gone?  Or is there a good reason to keep the thread around?

Kent

Good question, Kent.

I'd say in general the original poster should just post an "item taken" notice. Then the thread can just float out of view over time. Possibly some future reader would be interested in some aspect of the thread, even if the item is gone.

However, if people want their original posts taken down and don't have "remove thread" powers, they could PM the mods and ask them to do it. Does that sound like a reasonable solution? (Hope this means your Dull'Hawk flags sold like copies of "Common Sense."  :mellow:

Ten years later, the Sought and Offered forums were rather cluttered.  Now the posts are removed after 6 months.

Threads that generated useful references, information, or discussion were moved to appropriate TMM forums.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:04:51 am by Silver »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up