The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IN PRAISE OF "DESK RAGE."  (Read 1580 times)

Evil Twin

IN PRAISE OF "DESK RAGE."
« on: December 07, 2006, 12:20:03 pm »

Hi, I'm Evil Twin and I am a desk rageoholic.  Generally speaking, I have a pretty even temper.   On those rare occasions when I really need to break something, I always find myself sitting in my chair at work holding a telephone.  Usually, the phone doesn't survive the encounter.  I must have gone through about 8 different ones in the past 5 years.  Luckily I have found a phone that can take the abuse.  It is a Panasonic KX-TG6500 2 line cordless.  No matter how hard I throw it on the ground, or push it through walls, I can always reassemble and it keeps working.

I think I am getting better.  While I have squeezed the thing so hard that plastic starts to bend, I haven't broken anything or thrown a phone in close to 6 months now.  Now, before anyone gets worried, I don't break anything besides phones.  I would never think of laying a finger on a family member... but phones are fair game.

Thanks for your time.  That was very cathartic.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 01:16:31 pm by Evil Twin »

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Re: IN PRAISE OF "DESK RAGE."
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 01:07:12 pm »

:laugh: Welcome, Evil Twin. I am a recovering phone-thrower. As of this year it has been 25 years since my last telephone-flinging binge. There is hope.

'Course, it's also been that long since I had to work in an office. And it's been a year since I had one of those *&^%$!!!! things in my house.

TracFones. Cheap. Disposable. Take a likin' and ... who cares because you can throw them out anyway.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Dare2BFree

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 01:07:52 pm »

Evil Twin,

I'm very glad you have found a phone that can withstand those circumstances.  When I used to work in a phone queue for computer support, I had one of those squishy balls (that I busted  :huh: ) and then I found something that worked.  About 5 years ago they had these toy/stuffed things that when you hit them they would say silly things.  I found one that alternately said "HELP ME!" and "OHHHH, NOOOOOO!".  I would stand up like a groundhog in a sea of cubicles and sling that thing across the room as hard as I could.  Somehow seeing startled co-workers jump up at someone screaming help me or oh no was hilarious and always seemed to release the tension.  It never broke and I still have it somewhere....but it lasted my assaults until I got out of the phone support business  :)

May your phone always be able to be put back together.
If I had known that these days would have changed my life - I would have dressed better.   ~ me

No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.  ~ Judge Gideon J. Tucker

Plinker-MS

• Techie
  • Nobody in Particular
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 02:42:53 pm »

Reminds me of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE-W5jUucuY

It just occurred to me that I should post "Every OS Sucks" in the OSTG section. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 02:46:34 pm by Plinker-MS »
Pages: [1]   Go Up