The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dog Park  (Read 5144 times)

Dave Polaschek

• Dave's Picks
Re: Dog Park
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 08:06:31 am »

And I suppose rolling up a newspaper and whacking Luger's owner in the nose saying "BAD Owner!" wouldn't be very productive, would it?

But it'd be damned funny to watch her reaction. From a suitable distance.

K.

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 04:03:02 pm »

And I suppose rolling up a newspaper and whacking Luger's owner in the nose saying "BAD Owner!" wouldn't be very productive, would it?

'The suspect was seen waving a Weapon of Mass Description ...'   ^_^

It may be worthwhile disabusing this idiot of the notion that if she 'warns' people about her dangerous dog, she's somehow off the hook for its behaviour. Something along the lines of, 'You know, Fluffy is like a child to us, and it seems like you're KNOWINGLY putting her VERY VALUABLE health at risk. We'd hate to have to RECOVER the cost of her VERY EXPENSIVE vet bills, but ...'

Or you could start taking a camera to the park. Take a few happy snaps of your precious doggy, which may or may not happen to have Luger in-frame.

I guess it all depends on how much trouble you're willing to cause (for her, and yourself). Council regulations about pets exist for this very reason, and the other owners could be quite willing to help you have the dog declared dangerous and restricted. This, of course, is not a particularly libertarian-y solution.

Kirsten

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 04:29:46 pm »

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:24:30 pm by Kirsten »

velojym

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 07:36:36 pm »

Is it fun?
 :ph34r:

We're considering taking a photo of them and posting it in the middle of the night, attached to a NOTICE: VICIOUS DOG
poster, all over the park area.
I'm sure she'd love that, and it'd maybe embolden the folks who know about it but are afraid to rock whatever boat they're afraid of
rocking.

Tom P.

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 08:56:36 pm »

Thats an EXCELLENT idea!

cowardly lion

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 07:28:06 am »

I think I'd have casually mentioned that I'd be keeping an eye out for her dog causing trouble, and when, not if, it happened, I'd tell the authorities she'd previously been threatening other dogs and owners.  Get a dozen people testifying to that, she might get herself locked up.

cl
Sic semper tyrannis, baby!    - Joel Simon

As much as we may not want to consider it, we must have a mindset that enables us to do instant and devastating violence in defense of self and/or loved ones.   -Dave Champion

It's not unusual to run into folks in the internet that are dense enough to have event horizons.

Remember, remember, the fifth of November . . . .

Don't mistake my silence for weakness - no one plans a murder out loud.

Kirsten

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 05:15:06 pm »

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:24:47 pm by Kirsten »

Thunder

• Go away, boy! Ya bother me! -Foghorn Leghorn
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 08:31:19 pm »

Well, sure he could do that and she'd probably be annoyed, inconvenienced, and miffed.  But with the dancing she'd be emotionally scarred for life.

Especially if he flossed with Lucy or Twizzler.

Or worse, Luger.

Thunder[/color][/font]

There are times, sir, when men of good conscience cannot blindly follow orders.  -Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Wars will cease when people start loving their children more than they love the government.

People use the term 'chaos' only when they can't see far enough to view the big picture.   -Deepak Chopra

There are no illegal guns, only illegal gun laws.

Kirsten

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 10:00:20 pm »

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:25:03 pm by Kirsten »

velojym

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 07:05:59 pm »

I think this thread could use some counseling.
 :confused1:

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 09:24:52 pm »

Just have everyone possible agree that when she shows up, Go home, leave no one to play with.  We started doing that at one park when "certain kids" showed up with adults (use the term loosely) in tow.  When repeated attempts at calm discussion about bad behavior kept on turning into arguments (and JBT calling threats).  The parents asked why, we laid it on them, they did not come back to that particular park anymore (after more JBT threats about "discrimination").

The owner and dog can be isolated, eventually badly trained and maladjusted dog eats owner, dog does the flip flop and gets God retribution.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

velojym

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 10:19:28 pm »

That's sort of what's happening, but the owner is an attractive young woman and many of the guys
are hanging out there for that. The incidents will continue to happen and eventually nobody will want their
dogs around hers... but for the moment she's pretty popular with the loser male class.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 07:12:28 pm »

That's sort of what's happening, but the owner is an attractive young woman and many of the guys
are hanging out there for that. The incidents will continue to happen and eventually nobody will want their
dogs around hers... but for the moment she's pretty popular with the loser male class.

let the isolation spread, or have a chat with your buddy (do you really want to deal with a girl that thinks that way?) if he is old enought to retain some "upper brain" function in "breeding" situations.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up