The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting the word out  (Read 1702 times)

Mostly Harmless

Getting the word out
« on: May 20, 2004, 08:35:35 am »

My partner and I have an internet radio station. Once a week we do a 2 hour talk show. Last night we got going hot and heavy on politics -- not our usual topic -- and we hit our capacity for free listeners. (We can have an unlimited number of listeners who subscribe to the website that hosts the stream).

I got to thinking after the show. This is a real cheap and easy way of talking to people. It cost us about $250 to set up, between paying Live365.com to host us and some odds and ends of hardware we needed. We don't have call in capability, but we have 2 pcs running and can take email and instant messages during the show. Listeners IM/email us, we read the message on air and respond to it so we can get some sort of dialog going. We give out URLs of interesting sites for our listeners, recommend books, all that sort of thing.

I don't know whether anyone has thought of doing this with a Libertarian/AnCap flavor but it might be fun.

The downside of doing a regular radio show for me is being "on" at a set time. I'm used to writing which is very much an off-line activity, radio requires that one be "on" as scheduled regardless of how one is feeling or what is going on.

Good idea? Bad idea? what do people think?
Pages: [1]   Go Up