The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few suggestions - where does your new topic belong?  (Read 11210 times)

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
A few suggestions - where does your new topic belong?
« on: January 19, 2015, 09:34:53 am »

It is just so easy to put anything and everything into this "general discussion" section. Easy for the person who posts, obviously, but it can get to be a big problem for everyone else, even though most members do this often. In addition to the clutter in general discussion, many other areas of the forum are now essentially abandoned. Unless this is what you want, or you just don't care, I urge you to consider the following:

Please look at all of the sections and sub boards before you start a new topic.
Try to match the topic to the board. Give it some real thought.
If you truly can't see that it belongs anywhere in particular, then the general discussion board is probably the best place for it.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Joe Kelley

Re: A few suggestions - where does your new topic belong?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 10:39:29 am »

"P.S. Joe Kelley! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!"

But, I'm a Prince trapped in Africa, and I have a lot of money to transfer to your bank account!

Who...me?

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 05:07:31 pm »

Well if you sent MamaLiberty a personal message there will not be an answer as she passed some time ago.

As to the appropriate place for your post, there is a singles dating post in the special interest area.

Good luck.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 01:32:38 am »

"P.S. Joe Kelley! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!"

But, I'm a Prince trapped in Africa, and I have a lot of money to transfer to your bank account!

Heh. Elias deleted a whole bunch of spam posts and accounts yesterday. FannieSouch feels like another one, but at least her (?) posts feel like they were written by a human. Elias was busy interviewing a private school in Montana that was raided by police, or he might have delete FannieSouch, too.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 07:18:14 am »

Bill,

Editing into original message (below this new edit)

Bill, I think I found the way to stop new memberships from coming in.  ;)
I am looking for a way to put a freeze on new members for a couple of weeks or so. Bill, if you can figure a way to block new members from signing up, please do so or let me know where I can do it.

Thanks Bro,
Salute!
Elias
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 07:59:49 am by Elias Alias »
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 09:30:55 am »

I am looking for a way to put a freeze on new members for a couple of weeks or so. Bill, if you can figure a way to block new members from signing up, please do so or let me know where I can do it.

I don't remember doing it, but forum registration is currently disabled. Maybe you found it (https://secure.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?action=admin;area=regcenter;sa=settings)
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 02:02:23 pm »

I don't remember doing it, but forum registration is currently disabled. Maybe you found it (https://secure.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?action=admin;area=regcenter;sa=settings)

Hi Bill;
Sorry for not notifying you and the forums. I did find a way to shut down new membershiops, and will leave it closed to all newcomers for several more days.  As you recall, we were getting close to a hundred bots per day signing in here and I figuired we may shake them off of being parked here by closing all new applications.
Thanks Bill. My apology!
Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up