The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152   Go Down

Author Topic: New member intro thread  (Read 383873 times)

ever freeman

• Provisional
  • The Traps Set For A Man Are Not Always Made Of Ste
Re: Thanks for having me
« Reply #2235 on: February 28, 2018, 04:33:09 pm »

I'm excited to finally have the time to join I have heard allot of great things about this site and am proud to be here with like minded folks. Seeking freedom from tyranny and slavery is allot harder to separate from then one would imagine. I'm hoping to be a big part of the family, and will definitely share as much as I can about seeking the freedom we all deserve. My fictitious name is Ron Dunn I still work under the corporate thumb at Ranch Hand in Eureka, Mt. Please call me by Ever thanks🤝
The Traps Set For A Man Are Not Always Made Of Steel...Nor Is The Bait What He Would Expect. 

Louis L'amour
ever freeman☯️

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
Re: New member intro thread
« Reply #2236 on: February 28, 2018, 05:15:52 pm »

Welcome, Ever Freeman. Enjoy your time here.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

TANSTAAFL

« Reply #2237 on: March 27, 2018, 05:08:43 pm »

Hi Folks!

Damn, I actually forgot about this place. Life gets insanely busy and well....anyway it seems there was always intelligent or at least interesting conversation here.

So what's happened the last few years?

Nothing like finding old bookmarks

Hello all--seems to be good company here.

Been fed up for many many years but am finally "dropping out" so to speak.

Can't say much or give you a label for myself, but he closest thing would be rational anarchist-objectivist-libertarian-peace freak with guns.

Hope that helps in case I keep quiet.

Ahhhh, nuthin' much. Just eatin' a lot of Twinkies.

Welcome back.
:icon_pirat:

Thanks----that brings back memories. Dropped out. Left the country for a while. Moved up here to the hinterlands.

Now somehow I have a business growing fast as hell, house under construction, and too much stuff and commitments to be mobile at all.

I really, truly am sitting here wondering what happened--not that it's bad---just how? Time flies.
Act alone. Tell no one what you do.

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
« Reply #2238 on: March 27, 2018, 07:03:02 pm »

Welcome Ever Freeman!

Welcome Back TANSTAAFL! Old voices are a welcome sound.
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #2239 on: March 28, 2018, 04:39:23 am »

Welcome, Ever! Hope you can find a moment now and then to participate in some of the discussions.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

echopeak

« Reply #2240 on: March 29, 2018, 10:11:12 pm »

Hello! I am new here at TMM, but I am not new to the principles of self-ownership and the non-aggression-principle. I have been reading some of Bill St. Clair recently, and I much prefer the term ZERO-aggression-principle to describe NAP.

I have been living in a remote stretch of Montana for three years now, building my home from 90% materials I harvested and milled on site from my valley. My off-grid life has been a natural progression of becoming increasingly fed-up with fondleslab culture of my own millennial generation, increasingly intolerant of those who continue to believe we can "vote out way out of this mess" when government will always be the root of our problems, and from finally, decades-later-than-I-should-have, de-FOOing from my family of origins.

I use a small solar power setup, haul water from my creek, and mostly keep to myself out here. I have more cougars, black bears, and moose as my neighbors than I do humans. There is no cell service for many miles, and I refuse to own a cell phone. I do have this extremely slow satellite internet, with which I hope to make better connections, to hone my philosophical and intellectual principles, and to strengthen my resolve and ability to build my homestead into thriving food production for myself and my local community.

I believe I will be spending most of my time in the Gulching threads, though I am excited to see where else strikes a chord around here.

How are you all doing? Is there anything you would like to know that I did not speak of in the intro above?

Regards,
Brandon
Who owns YOUR life?

casca-503

« Reply #2241 on: March 30, 2018, 12:34:36 am »

welcome  to   the   Monkey  House....hope  you   will  find   many   interesting   topics   here....

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #2242 on: March 30, 2018, 05:10:37 am »

Welcome, echopeak. I'd be very interested in a description of your community there, and the relationships you see - both positive and negative. And, not just relationships within the community, but the relationship (if any) of your community to other communities around you.

Living alone, off the grid, is a serious proposal and I suspect that only the young can get away with it for very long. So I'm glad to learn that you are young! I look forward to seeing more of your posts.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #2243 on: March 30, 2018, 05:15:00 am »

I have been reading some of Bill St. Clair recently...

Welcome, Brandon. Which of my writings have you been reading? I've been blogging since 1999, so there's a lot to choose from.  :mellow:
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

echopeak

« Reply #2244 on: March 31, 2018, 12:46:35 am »

Casa- I have found many in just lurking about prior to creating an account. Thanks.

Mama- My nearest neighbors are over a half-mile away. The nearest town (population: <800) is over a mountain pass twenty miles away. The nearest big city (population: 9000) is over seventy miles away. I have nothing to do with the nearest big city, so I cannot speak for that community. My town is mostly ranch work, some tourism, and a large population of welfare parasites. The local property taxes have doubled in the last years, and by all appearances, the locals will continue to vote for increasing the money stolen at the point of a gu- whoops, I mean tax burdens with school, hospital, library, road improvements, and other "vital services". I am not registered to vote, and refuse to take part.
There is almost no food production beyond beef in this region, and so I am excited to try and fill the niche with my own chemical-free veggie and fruit production from my valley. I will discover how the market responds this year.
Because I spend most of my time traipsing my mountains, or working on my homestead, I have little knowledge of the town. I HAVE picked up some part time work with a local guy who makes firearms-related items with a CNC mill, so that has been bringing my out of my valley, and I have been increasing my skillset. From those I have met in town, most people appear apathetic about almost all things. There MAY be a general conservative lean, but that is meaningless when it does nothing about that gun-in-the-room of state power. From a recent conversation with a local teenager, only about 2% of the entire high school have ever been around guns, gone hunting, used a chainsaw, chained up a four-wheel drive, or turned a wrench on anything.
And I thought MY generation was a pitiful example of parents taking responsibility and teaching their children real skills! I had higher hopes for a rural region like this. It seems most people, even way out here, are content to put in their 35 hours a week, keep the television blaring, and continue plugging their children into the government daycare to raise them, and continue paying down their mortgage and that new car payment JUST enough to pay it off by 2130.

I have a hope that by being an example of real, honest hard work, and by providing a vital product to build a more resilient community, that I can also slowly influence some toward peaceful parenting, self-ownership, and resilience. Maybe I am still too idealistic in this way. Maybe by being an example of a self-owner I put a target on myself instead.

It would be nice to find a wife one of these years, too, though I am convinced that the only safe place to find non-SJW-poisoned, traditional values anymore is in Japan or Poland...

Bill- I have been reading mostly the philosophical stuff on ETWOF. The most impacting piece of yours has been "What I Believe", as it clearly set principles with which to build from- and I have been doing a lot of rebuilding in the last years. You were also the gateway drug to The Ragged Trouser Philosopher, though I found my way to Mike Vanderboegh and Stefan Molyneux years ago.

Alright. I hope that is not too cynical a post for you all to wake up to. Thanks for the welcome.

Regards,
Brandon
Who owns YOUR life?

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #2245 on: March 31, 2018, 01:15:23 am »

Bill- I have been reading mostly the philosophical stuff on ETWOF. The most impacting piece of yours has been "What I Believe", as it clearly set principles with which to build from- and I have been doing a lot of rebuilding in the last years. You were also the gateway drug to The Ragged Trouser Philosopher, though I found my way to Mike Vanderboegh and Stefan Molyneux years ago.

Ah, yes. I was very happy with that essay. Glad you like it. https://billstclair.com/beliefs.html

Ragged Trousered Philosopher I had completely forgotten. And no wonder. I linked there only once, way back in 2010, and only a peruser of my "Philosophy" category page would have found it: Talking to God

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
« Reply #2246 on: March 31, 2018, 11:38:25 am »

Welcome Echospeak or do you prefer Brandon?

Your lifestyle experience and philosophy will be most welcome. Thank you for joining!

I would like to particularly Thank You for linking to Bill's wonderful "What I Believe" which somehow I had lost. (Thank you Bill for that and ALL that you do!). I am also thankful for your reference and Bill's link to "Ragged Trouser Philosopher", which I will be further perusing.

Again, Welcome!
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

echopeak

« Reply #2247 on: April 02, 2018, 06:49:37 pm »

Tahn- I am just fine with Brandon. I look forward to the experience here. I wish I had considered to link to those articles rather than just mention them. Thanks to Bill for providing the links!

Who owns YOUR life?

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #2248 on: April 03, 2018, 08:16:08 am »

Welcome indeed echopeak.  Sounds like you found a great location for your homestead.  Your story of most people not knowing the dangerous end of a screwdriver is all too true.  I am teaching my children as much as I can as I see the complete helplessness in 90% of the folks around me.

Glad you joined the forum!  I look forward to hearing your tales.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

Sunni-Snake

« Reply #2249 on: July 20, 2018, 02:01:18 pm »

Hi... again. This is Sunni M. Yes, the same Sunni who hung around here way back when. When my web site slipped through my fingers, I lost my email address as well, so I was pretty sure I couldn't resurrect that old account.

Mama Liberty and I reconnected several weeks ago, and in the process of talking with her, floods of memories returned to me. I also reconnected with Elias and immediately thought of this place too... so here I am.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152   Go Up