The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152   Go Down

Author Topic: New member intro thread  (Read 388797 times)

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
Re: New member intro thread
« Reply #2250 on: July 20, 2018, 05:01:13 pm »

Sunni,

Thank you so much for sharing your memories of MamaLiberty with us and linking to that wonderful interview. Just wonderful.

Some of us "newbies" are now old timers, some of the old timers, such as MamaLiberty and Gooch, have now gone on to a higher level of conversation and quite a few, still drop by occasionally to at least listen in. Glad to hear from you Sunni.

Welcome Home!

Tahn
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

Sunni-Snake

« Reply #2251 on: July 20, 2018, 10:09:22 pm »

Thank you most kindly, Tahn.

Lonewolf72

« Reply #2252 on: July 20, 2018, 11:33:54 pm »

Welcome back, Sunni. I have enjoyed reading some of your past writing and look forward to seeing more.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #2253 on: July 21, 2018, 01:02:20 am »

Hi... again. This is Sunni M. Yes, the same Sunni who hung around here way back when. When my web site slipped through my fingers, I lost my email address as well, so I was pretty sure I couldn't resurrect that old account.

Mama Liberty and I reconnected several weeks ago, and in the process of talking with her, floods of memories returned to me. I also reconnected with Elias and immediately thought of this place too... so here I am.

Welcome and Blesssings to You, Ms Snake!  ;)
I am very happy that you are back. And I'm grateful that you were able to visit with Mama Liberty before she departed. I know she was overjoyed by your visit. I, too, am overjoyed that you've reconnected with me and with TMM's aging forums. Thank you for the email, and thank you also for re-registering here. You are a treasured friend and it's been too long since we got to visit.
I will be replying to your email this weekend. I really want to thank you for that well-composed musing about Susan and the good years in our mutual past.
But mostly, it's just darned good to learn that you're doing well and still being our favorite "Snake"! It's been too long since we talked!  Welcome, dear Friend.
Salute!
Elias Alias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

Sunni-Snake

« Reply #2254 on: July 21, 2018, 01:29:54 pm »

:deeply blushing: Wow. Thanks, everyone.

@Lonewolf72: Thank you for your kind words regarding my writing. In all honesty, I'm not sure there will be any more formal essays or blog posts from me. First, I accidentally let my domain expire, and it's been taken over by someone peddling various stuff. So I'm not sure where I could publish anything I might write. Second, I'm not feeling very optimistic regarding this country's political situation; and other than a well-timed rant or two, I don't like to put negativity out in the world. There's already a surplus of it.

@Elias: Just to be clear, I wasn't able to visit with Mama Liberty in person. I live much farther away now, and Snolf Mk. 1 and I are sharing our only car, so the logistics were against that. But she and I talked a lot in email... and that seemed to be enough for her. It kind of felt like a visit would have been making a fuss over her, and you know how she didn't much care for that. I dunno... maybe she was trying to prevent me from feeling guilty/bad at not being able to get to Newcastle.

I have a lot of fond memories of the 2000 conclave despite being 8.5 months pregnant at the time. A wide variety and good mix of freedom-loving people there... from think-tank execs to rabble-rousers such as ourselves. The Montana conclaves were also epic in a different way. They're like kids: you really can't pick a favorite.  :laugh:

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #2255 on: July 21, 2018, 04:04:27 pm »

Welcome back to TMM, Sunni. When I saw that "Sunni-Snake" had made a new account, I thought it was probably you. I was reminded of my archive of "Doing Freedom!"

Thank you for sharing your memories of MamaLiberty.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Sunni-Snake

« Reply #2256 on: July 21, 2018, 04:47:16 pm »

Thank you, Bill. And you're welcome; since I'd seen that some people hadn't met Mama Liberty in person, I hoped that my memories would help give them a richer sense of the wonderful person she was.

Even though I've rarely commented, I've checked in at your sites over the years... especially Glory All Around, as my karate training led me to explore Buddhism and meditation more. I've done a fair bit of reading in various traditions, especially Tibetan and Japanese; these days I consider myself an atheist Buddhist in the tradition of Stephen Batchelor. I really need to re-establish my sitting practice... I'm feeling the lack quite acutely these days.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #2257 on: July 22, 2018, 04:29:34 am »

I really need to re-establish my sitting practice... I'm feeling the lack quite acutely these days.

It might help me, too, to re-establish my sitting practice. Constant Remembrance, which the sufis call Zikr and Brother Lawrence called Living in the Presence of God, is good, but sitting meditation is a helpful aid to staying there.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #2258 on: July 23, 2018, 12:08:57 pm »

I don't think I knew Sunni when she was first here.  I joined TMM in 2009ish timeframe.  But I do look forward to your stories of ML and new contributions!
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #2259 on: July 24, 2018, 10:04:03 pm »

:deeply blushing: Wow. Thanks, everyone.

@Lonewolf72: Thank you for your kind words regarding my writing. In all honesty, I'm not sure there will be any more formal essays or blog posts from me. First, I accidentally let my domain expire, and it's been taken over by someone peddling various stuff. So I'm not sure where I could publish anything I might write. Second, I'm not feeling very optimistic regarding this country's political situation; and other than a well-timed rant or two, I don't like to put negativity out in the world. There's already a surplus of it.

@Elias: Just to be clear, I wasn't able to visit with Mama Liberty in person. I live much farther away now, and Snolf Mk. 1 and I are sharing our only car, so the logistics were against that. But she and I talked a lot in email... and that seemed to be enough for her. It kind of felt like a visit would have been making a fuss over her, and you know how she didn't much care for that. I dunno... maybe she was trying to prevent me from feeling guilty/bad at not being able to get to Newcastle.

I have a lot of fond memories of the 2000 conclave despite being 8.5 months pregnant at the time. A wide variety and good mix of freedom-loving people there... from think-tank execs to rabble-rousers such as ourselves. The Montana conclaves were also epic in a different way. They're like kids: you really can't pick a favorite.  :laugh:

Sunni,
As you may have noticed by now, I simply cannot keep up with all communications in which I'm involved, resulting in long lapses at times. That has been one of my problems since early 2009 when Stewart The Yalie enlisted me in helping him get Oath Keepers launched.  That turned out to be a seven-year tornado which kept me largely away from this forum, and since then I've been without an income and forced to scramble like crazy just to keep the online connection bill paid. Poverty also made it very difficult for me to be here much at all.

I mention that in hopes that you'll understand when I am not quick to respond, but also to throw light on how valuable to me MamaLiberty always was. I always knew she would be keeping this place all nice and tidy, and, with Bill's help and the assistance of all her good "staff" here, the place has survived as a remarkable store-house of Liberty's past 15 years on the Net. Yes, I'll miss her, as we all will.

You noted to Lonewolf72 that you may not be writing much. Please know that this place is always open to your excellent writing skills, in case you may want to do an occasional essay or story. Also, you can submit articles to TMM's national site if you ever want to. Your friendship and your words of wisdom were (and still are!) hugely important parts of my journey in this earthwalk. Mi casa su casa!

Also, Sunni, I'm aware that this past weekend came and went without my having fulfilled my promise to you to write you a personal email. I will try to explain that when I do get that letter to you. As noted above, I'm living in a tornado which is generated by my trying to do too much and be in too many places all at the same time. My priority right now is to launch a new line of jewelry called "Silver of Liberty". It has taken me over a year to just get to the front door at that project, as I've had to do it without an income. I don't take any government assistance and to be truthful there is no way I can even be here, by all systems of logic. Yet, by some unexplainable streak of miracles, I do now have a jewelry casting shop set up at my cabin and do have eight "designs" for sterling silver earrings which feature marijuana seeds cast into solid silver. I've got manufacturer back-up in place, artwork done, a website domain on which we'll open the store, a growing supply of earrings, and some strong interest "out there" in the real world. For example, Cynthia McKinney wants to carry my banner ad on her site, and so do some other liberty sites. Medicine Hawk, my website operator, has us set up with Woo Commerce. Silver Seeds of Liberty is now a Montana LLC and has a new bank account. And I'm way behind on producing the physical actuality of earrings -- hence my absence at times here at the forums. Example: Here is a pair of my "Lotus Petal Silver Seeds of Liberty" hoops in sterling silver, with a seed dangling on each ear....

I will fill you in as soon as I can get you a decent email written and sent.
Thank you so much, Sunni, for re-connecting. I'm thrilled that you're back here.
Salute!
Elias
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:19:15 pm by Elias Alias »

Sunni-Snake

« Reply #2260 on: July 26, 2018, 02:24:49 pm »

Thanks again, everyone. If I get inspired, I'll share here... and if anyone has any questions for me, I'm happy to try to answer 'em. Not that I'm an expert on anything...

The main thing I've been doing over the past 15 years is raising/homeschooling my kids, the snolfs. Mk I will soon be 20, has his GED, and is working and (allegedly) thinking about vocational training or somesuch. Mk II will soon be 18 and taking the GED tests. She's very artistic in many ways but is unsure about her desire (and the ability) to support herself by drawing on that skillset, if you'll pardon the pun. If there's one freedom-related thing I've learned over the years, it's that it's one thing to be frustrated at one's own challenges in trying to live as free of the state as possible; it's another level entirely to see one's children coming up in a culture that's more inimical to freedom, in tougher economic conditions, and under more scrutiny from the state as well.

Elias, I understand where you're coming from better than you may imagine, my friend. No worries regarding the email. I don't want it to be another pressure in your already busy enough life.

I'd meant to ask about your jewelry and am glad to see that you're gearing up your shop. Best wishes for success with it! I don't have pierced ears, else I'd be requesting notice once you're filling orders. If I can be of any service to you, don't hesitate to be in touch.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #2261 on: July 27, 2018, 01:46:59 am »

Thanks again, everyone. If I get inspired, I'll share here... and if anyone has any questions for me, I'm happy to try to answer 'em. Not that I'm an expert on anything...

The main thing I've been doing over the past 15 years is raising/homeschooling my kids, the snolfs. Mk I will soon be 20, has his GED, and is working and (allegedly) thinking about vocational training or somesuch. Mk II will soon be 18 and taking the GED tests. She's very artistic in many ways but is unsure about her desire (and the ability) to support herself by drawing on that skillset, if you'll pardon the pun. If there's one freedom-related thing I've learned over the years, it's that it's one thing to be frustrated at one's own challenges in trying to live as free of the state as possible; it's another level entirely to see one's children coming up in a culture that's more inimical to freedom, in tougher economic conditions, and under more scrutiny from the state as well.

Elias, I understand where you're coming from better than you may imagine, my friend. No worries regarding the email. I don't want it to be another pressure in your already busy enough life.

I'd meant to ask about your jewelry and am glad to see that you're gearing up your shop. Best wishes for success with it! I don't have pierced ears, else I'd be requesting notice once you're filling orders. If I can be of any service to you, don't hesitate to be in touch.

Thanks, Ms Snake.
In my opinion, one of the finest activities of a liberty fighter is to homeschool one's snolfs. I salute you for doing just that.  Much of the lost liberty this country had a half-century ago has been lost through the federal psyop called "public schools". As I recall, you were homeschooling your snolfs the last time I saw you. What I find remarkable is to hear that two of them are 20 and 18 years old! When I saw them they were just little snolfs, lol!

I share your lament about a culture which is inimical to freedom! From where I'm seeing things, the more we "progress", the farther from a natural rhythm of freedom we bestow upon our otherwise natural children.

No pierced ears, eh? Well, we'll talk about that soon enough. I am only beginning to create the line of Silver Seeds of Liberty. It will expand to hat pins, pendants, bracelets, and finger rings.  First I'm building the online store and eight styles of earrings. Then I will expand that original line to include other items, including items for men. But to start, it's just eight types of ladies' earrings. But now that we've re-connected, be assured that you'll be in my planning.
I've got much work to do, from designing brochures to loading the online store, and making the contacts who will help me market. One who is anxious to get involved is Cynthia Mckinney. She has several interview on serious sites while wearing the Lotus Petal hoops, which she loves. She wants to carry my banner-ad on her website, which is a large-trafficked site. Another is Bob Stanley of Freos, who is a crypto-anarcho-EOS sort of dude I met at Griffin's Red Pill Expo. I'll also approach the Tenth Amendment Center and a few others, once my store is up and running. I'm thinking that will be sometime near end of August or early September. Once that gets up and running, I'll want to talk with you about some quartz crystals you may recognize, yes? ;)

Love ya, Sunni-Snake!
Salute!
Elias

Sunni-Snake

« Reply #2262 on: July 27, 2018, 01:11:03 pm »

Much of the lost liberty this country had a half-century ago has been lost through the federal psyop called "public schools".
Yep. I remember thinking the public education system was bad prior to reading John Taylor Gatto's book... that really sealed the deal for me.

As I recall, you were homeschooling your snolfs the last time I saw you. What I find remarkable is to hear that two of them are 20 and 18 years old! When I saw them they were just little snolfs, lol!
Yes; they are completely homeschooled/unschooled. That may change for vocational training, but that's up to them. They have eclectic interests (Mk I is a big history buff), and we have fun conversations ranging across a wide variety of topics.

But to start, it's just eight types of ladies' earrings. But now that we've re-connected, be assured that you'll be in my planning.
That seems an excellent place to start. I know I'm an outlier in not having anything pierced... but I'm definitely interested in what your creative mind comes up with regarding hat pins (I bet I could use something like that in a scarf or shawl) and rings in particular.

Once that gets up and running, I'll want to talk with you about some quartz crystals you may recognize, yes? ;)
Crystals? I can think of one crystal in particular that I may have given you to put into a piece of jewelry, but no more than that. I'm quite curious now!  ^_^ As always, no hurry though.

Much love to you, dear friend.

QQ

• Provisional
« Reply #2263 on: March 24, 2019, 06:48:14 pm »

Hello, I found this site after buying the SB Archive. Not sure how I never found it before. I am really glad that I did. I have read SB for years, am a HAM, and earned my Rifleman badge at an Apple
Seed event. Hope I have info to offer.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #2264 on: March 24, 2019, 08:10:13 pm »

Hello, I found this site after buying the SB Archive. Not sure how I never found it before. I am really glad that I did. I have read SB for years, am a HAM, and earned my Rifleman badge at an Apple
Seed event. Hope I have info to offer.

Hiya Double Q!
Thank you for registering. Good to know you're a HAM and have been through Appleseed.
We have been here since 2003, and have had thousands of good people come through these forums over the years. Nowadays, however, most have moved on and there are only a few posting here. Do know that there are many years worth of valuable threads on these forums, and enjoy exploring.
Also, our national website is --  https://thementalmilitia.net/
We have a lot of good info stashed around the pages of that site. Our archives there are here --
https://thementalmilitia.net/posts/
We're glad to have you here!
Salute!
Elias Alias
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152   Go Up