The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would it be worth it to you?  (Read 8841 times)

Bear

• Curious Bear
Re: Would it be worth it to you?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 09:32:05 pm »

What Ted Said!

Barring having that much discrecion or disclipline, the County Bio-Terroris co-ordinator sounds like a nice job.
You'd learn: what's considered the current "truth" about bio agents, what can and cannot be done to mitigate them,
and who's-who in the regional and local organizations. This could be handy if TSHTF.

While the mini-CSI sounds intriguing, working for a corrupt sherif has too many pitfalls to make the job worth
the risk.

Bear
"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 12:22:26 pm »

DMV clerk, or some clerk level, cashier level, working drone position might be okay.  ANY position with "Security Access" is going to require a background check, police records processing, evidence handling, building security guard, or even a clerk regularly expect to go in a secure area.

They are going to fingerprint you, and generally take the same information about you that they would take from a prisoner short of a body cavity search.  (I would not be surprised if they took a cheak swab for DNA).  That information would go into a general limbo of database which is mined for all sorts of interesting info, but is also highly abusable. :ph34r:

I know with my "service" time, I am in the computer, I had a clearance, so my grimy paws are documented as well.  Low profile is my only choice since my fingerprints would make a nice starting point for the JBT's to unravel the case from.  It is a lot like the Mob, once in, they never "really" let go. :rolleyes:

Do your own Pro-Con analysis and figure out the risks for you and yours, and take your own actions.  I am staying as far away as possible right now.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Kregener

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 11:05:42 am »

No.

ALMOST every person who draws a government paycheck is on the public dole.

Contributes to the crushing machine don't ya know...
"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge.

Don't push me, and I won't push you."

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 12:18:22 pm »

No.

ALMOST every person who draws a government paycheck is on the public dole.

Contributes to the crushing machine don't ya know...

That may seem to be true on its face BUT only someone "inside" can be a "Mole".
"Moles" can be extremely effective at bringing down the "crushing machine".

"public dole " ?
Public Roll   I agree
Lots of gov't employees are "stuck" in a job they cannot afford to leave without financial damage to their families.
They therefore put in their labor in exchange for a paycheck and that's not a "dole".
I may not agree with their employer BUT I can empathize with their financial plight.
Not ALL gov't employees are the enemy. Gov't itself is the enemy.
That a lot of fairly decent people would lose their jobs when the gov't collapses is a shame but most of those jobs don't need to be done in the first place.

Most of the jobs they do could be done in the private sector just as easily. {Clerks and other paper shufflers}
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 12:27:55 pm by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

dannykay

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 12:57:57 pm »

as a former "incompetent" gov employee, you can do a lot by doing not a lot, if you get my meaning. as well as being a parasite on the parasite at the same time

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 01:18:21 pm »

How many of today's jobs will be there after TSHTF?  Probably less than 10%.  Regardless of whether you are a government employee, work construction, move financial data around, sell stuff to any of them, are collecting welfare/SS or whatever.  The economy will be unrecognizable when the jig is up. 

Earn what you can in ways that are available today.  More is better than less if it gets you more prepared. Put what you can into tools, skills, food, supplies, a retreat and defense.  If you can find good employment, with good income that also develops skills and tools, that is particularly good.  If you enjoy it, that is the best of all.

Know you will never have done enough, but you will be grateful for every little bit you did do. Do not obsess over being in the gulch with your permanent employment settled when none of us can accurately predict what the post-TEOTWAWKI world will look like.  But for goodness sakes, get a "vacation home" or get yourself moved into a small community before the doors close.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

spidey

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 09:34:54 am »

I've gone through a few background checks for different levels of security clearance.  The higher the security clearance, the more the government wants to know about the smallest details of your life.  At one point, I had to justify reasons to talking to foreign nationals, as a matter of course.  Working for law enforcement people (i.e., FBI, etc.) means taking a polygraph, as well.  While there are certain arguments against polygraph tests, unless you are trained to beat one, they are fairly accurate.

Personally, I would rather be true to myself than try to "pretend" in a situation.  If I felt that by joining the local law enforcement, FBI or CIA was morally & ethically the right thing to do, I would have no problem doing that.  However, if I went IN to the situation knowing that I was doing so for other reasons, I could not do it.  Some people have no problem doing that sort of thing...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up