The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Coup: After Midnight  (Read 6548 times)

A Nonny Mouse

The Coup: After Midnight
« on: January 08, 2007, 10:22:58 am »

I just started a new job and my coworkers are wondering why I'm sitting at my desk and sobbing.
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~ River Tam, "Serenity"

http://friggasfensalir.blogspot.com

ShortyDawkins

• Liberty Vanguard 2011
  • Legends are made here.
    • Shorty Dawkins Freedom Outlaw
Re: The Coup: After Midnight
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 10:45:32 am »

A chill runs up my spine. A sadness, so deep, engulfs me. Great writing, Claire. I just wish it weren't the way things were. And yes, my eyes welled up, not just for the dying, but for the living.
Shorty Dawkins Freedom Outlaw
http://www.shortydawkins.weebly.com

AnotherArmchair

• Okay, who didn't see that coming?
    • Oldsmoblogger
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 10:56:06 am »

Powerful and moving. I have more to say, but I'm not sure what it is just yet.
Will shall be the sterner, heart the bolder, spirit the greater as our strength lessens.

Pagan

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 10:59:47 am »

Tears came to my eyes too. In spite of the scenario, I can only say: BEAUTIFUL! It's the only way a SWAT raid should end. (And beautifully written -- much too realistic.) I'm especially impressed by Christian's self-restraint in not shooting. I have to admit that I might have.

And yes, my eyes welled up, not just for the dying, but for the living.

Yes. Those people -- and Hardyville in this case -- will never be the same. This is the fallout from this series.

But I hope a larger fallout takes place over BHM. Those who read about Hardyville will see the evil surrounding them, as each step takes place, and fight it in their own communities with the knowledge and options that "Hardyville" gives them.

A Nonny Mouse

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 11:30:02 am »

Ok, I've been to the ladies room and composed myself a bit.  ^_^
Yes, part of my tears were for the dying. Not only for the dying in this particular story, but also for the deaths at Ruby Ridge, Waco, etc. Where was the person who could have said "Enough!" in these cases? Also tears of fear and frustration that such a scenario might come to pass in my life or my child's life, and common sense won't prevail. Maybe I'm just being cynical because it's a Monday morning. I hope to the Gods that cooler heads will prevail and that someone will have the guts to say "Enough" but in the news stories of today you just don't see that happening.
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~ River Tam, "Serenity"

ShortyDawkins

• Liberty Vanguard 2011
  • Legends are made here.
    • Shorty Dawkins Freedom Outlaw
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 11:34:27 am »

Ok, I've been to the ladies room and composed myself a bit.  ^_^
Yes, part of my tears were for the dying. Not only for the dying in this particular story, but also for the deaths at Ruby Ridge, Waco, etc. Where was the person who could have said "Enough!" in these cases? Also tears of fear and frustration that such a scenario might come to pass in my life or my child's life, and common sense won't prevail. Maybe I'm just being cynical because it's a Monday morning. I hope to the Gods that cooler heads will prevail and that someone will have the guts to say "Enough" but in the news stories of today you just don't see that happening.

And for those who will die. The living will grieve and ask why. Some will realize why, and more will die.
I'm not optimistic.
Shorty Dawkins Freedom Outlaw
http://www.shortydawkins.weebly.com

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 11:38:30 am »

In case anyone doesn't know where to find it, this thread is about Claire's latest "Hardyville" column at Backwoods Home Magazine: http://www.backwoodshome.com/columns/wolfe070108.html

I'd be cheering for the Hardyvillians at having apprehended those unhardy villains, but I've gotta wait till next week to find out what happens. Not sure of the proper retribution for what they did, but I hope it's severe.

Nice to see that Hardyville's "authorities" have some sense of decency, or at least the ability to know when they're beaten.

Why DO we allow SWAT raids to continue? For victimless "crimes"? Is it because most of us have never witnessed one in person?
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 04:41:35 pm »

Thank you, guys. I feel very moved to have moved you so much -- especially you, Nonny. I'm sorry I made you cry at work, yet I don't think my writing has ever received a greater compliment -- even though I realize that part of the emotion had less to do with my words than with the reality we're living in.

Now, if we could only persuade the rest of the country that certain things must never, ever be. Sigh.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Kirsten

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 06:09:12 pm »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 04:33:32 pm by Kirsten »

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 07:26:20 pm »

Sad to say, but sometimes I think the dog-shooting angle is our best hope for inciting the masses.

Ditto

The shame is that most amerikans have NO IDEA of the reality to which their tax dollars are put.
OR WORSE they would tune into it as a "reality show" and actually be cheering the JBT's.

Spooner we're gonna miss ya buddy.....
A newfie too ...  such lovable tykes [well OK big, sometimes awkward and always slobbery but lovable]

Fantastic stuff Claire   :notworthy:

gooch
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

A Nonny Mouse

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 08:43:35 pm »

The shame is that most amerikans have NO IDEA of the reality to which their tax dollars are put.
OR WORSE they would tune into it as a "reality show" and actually be cheering the JBT's.

Already happening. There's a new "reality" TV show filming in the next town. It's called "Armed and Famous" and the premise is that the local PD has sworn in so-called celebrities such as Eric Estrada and LaToya Jackson onto the force. The cameras follow them around making busts.

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 11:01:13 pm »

Already happening. There's a new "reality" TV show filming in the next town. It's called "Armed and Famous" and the premise is that the local PD has sworn in so-called celebrities such as Eric Estrada and LaToya Jackson onto the force. The cameras follow them around making busts.

Gawd, that's grotesque! I wouldn't have believed it, except I got the idea for the Hardyville celebs being present from a news article about Shaquille O'Neal being present at a botched raid. These people are really sickos, doing this stuff for fun. And anybody who'd enjoy watching them do it must be just as sick. May all their homes be raided some midnight ...
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 11:04:46 pm »

Spooner we're gonna miss ya buddy.....
A newfie too ...  such lovable tykes [well OK big, sometimes awkward and always slobbery but lovable]

Fantastic stuff Claire   :notworthy:

Yeah, I felt rotten choosing a Newf. But then ... it had to be. A pit bull just wouldn't have had the same impact ( :angry: even though my own pit mix truly does adore all humankind).

P.S. Gooch ... liked your pictures (and the comment somebody offered about one of you smoking dope and the other of you tossing somebody in the brig for it!)

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 10:48:22 am »

Aw  S+%t there goes my Pirates Badge

All that hard work down the tube

I guess I'LL have to start over again at "cabin boy"

{...huge SIGH....}

"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

motherbatherick

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 03:38:31 pm »

Claire, I just want you to know that you're killing me with this "have to wait a week for the next episode" crap. :brood:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up