The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Coup: After Midnight  (Read 6992 times)

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Re: The Coup: After Midnight
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 03:42:15 pm »

Claire, I just want you to know that you're killing me with this "have to wait a week for the next episode" crap. :brood:

And here I thought I was being merciful, talking Dave Duffy into NOT making you wait half a month! Hmph.

Fear not. This Monday's episode will be the last in "The Coup." After that, no suspense for a week. Brand new story starts on the 22nd.

(Er ... assuming I get it finished. Damn writers. You know how they are. Not exactly Certain Persons, but unreliable sorts. You wouldn't want to bring one home to your mother ...)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:44:49 pm by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Pagan

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 03:49:28 pm »

You wouldn't want to bring one home to your mother ...)

You're right! My mother would never have understood Hardyville...

Evil Twin

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 03:56:00 pm »

This stuff is like crack or something.  Half a month was just too durn long to wait.  Now, (thankfully) we are getting them every week and its still just too durn long to wait! 

Hey, Claire, if you need me to proof your next 30 or 40 articles, feel free to e-mail them to me, muy pronto, pro favor!

:)

motherbatherick

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 11:52:55 pm »

This stuff is like crack or something.  Half a month was just too durn long to wait.  Now, (thankfully) we are getting them every week and its still just too durn long to wait! 

Hey, Claire, if you need me to proof your next 30 or 40 articles, feel free to e-mail them to me, muy pronto, pro favor!

No way!  I get to do it!!!

Not a TMM member

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 01:48:54 am »

Not exactly Certain Persons, but unreliable sorts. You wouldn't want to bring one home to your mother ...)

Eh hem, Certain Persons are found to be most welcome being taken home to mom, of course there was the orgy incident but they don't speak of that anymore DO THEY MB ? ! ? 
Not sympathetic to the tinfoil hat crowd.

motherbatherick

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 09:29:29 am »

Not exactly Certain Persons, but unreliable sorts. You wouldn't want to bring one home to your mother ...)

Eh hem, Certain Persons are found to be most welcome being taken home to mom, of course there was the orgy incident but they don't speak of that anymore DO THEY MB ? ! ? 
Ahem...
[official voice] I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations as they are a matter of national security.[/official voice] :ph34r:

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 12:35:16 pm »

Opie, my Newfoundland, has been getting extra attention, hugs and affection the last couple of days.

We all know who gets the credit and blame for this.

Of course it is good, but it is also sad.  Great writers like Claire can explain it.  I'm sure you know what I mean, though. For the most part, though, it is good.  He's digging it and my appreciation for him is stronger than ever.

"Me too" on the anticipation thing.  I sure as heck wouldn't be putting it down at this point if it were a book in my lap.  But it is a dang clever way that tantalizee me into buying my copy of Freedom Outlaw's Handbook   ... a purchase that has been on my 'todo' list for far too long.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 03:31:30 pm »

Oh, so now you're telling the government, right out here in front of everybody, that I'm a crack dealer, eh? Well, thanks a lot, Evil Twin.

:laugh:

Make you a deal, ET. If you can help inspire me to find some way to charge 30 or 40 articles ahead of schedule, I'll gladly give you first shot at every column -- no waiting needed.

Guys, thanks for the additional kind comments. And slidemansailor, I admit that Opie was on my mind when I created Spooner the Newf. I've always liked Newfoundlands a lot. They have such big, goofy hearts and are so incredibly noble. The stories of Newfs saving people's lives are absolutely breathtaking. But shortly before starting the new Hardyville story columns I'd had an email exchange with slideman and seen Opie on his website. So definitely give that dog an extra hug for me, slideman.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 03:41:13 pm by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 11:21:03 am »

No way!  I get to do it!!!

Ahem...
 please excuse ME but it falls to "the cabin boy" to serve the Master of the Vessel.
<grin>

Kudos Mon Capitan
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up