The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: fixed my truck!  (Read 10083 times)

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
Re: fixed my truck!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 12:05:30 am »

So are there any in particular you'd recommend?
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 05:00:21 pm »

Roy,

To be truthful......I don't know what's being offered these days......somewhere between youth and old age I lost interest in building cars....
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Phssthpok

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 07:20:17 pm »

Spell out your intended use for the truck(?), and I'll render my opinion on reccomended parts to achieve your goals.

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 07:25:56 pm »

+Whatever on the 318...

My '74 Powerwagon (that I had to sell :'( ) had one. Indestructible. And talk about a comfortable engine compartment! I could sit in there to work on it. :laugh:
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM

Roy J. Tellason

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 12:53:08 am »

Roy,

To be truthful......I don't know what's being offered these days......somewhere between youth and old age I lost interest in building cars....

I don't know that I'd care to take on another project like building this truck involved,  it was some number of years between the time I got a hold of it and the time I actually got moving on it,  and it's still a bit of an ongoing project,  at least for a bit,  but that's just a matter of finishing it once funds to do so once again become available...

I can see youth dimly in my rear view mirror.  Old age?  Dunno when I might arrive there offhand,  though I am kinda getting used to the gray in the beard on those infrequent occasions when I encounter a mirror.  :-)
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Roy J. Tellason

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 12:54:54 am »

Spell out your intended use for the truck(?), and I'll render my opinion on reccomended parts to achieve your goals.

What else do you do with a truck besides haul stuff?  I don't intend to use it for a daily driver,  not with getting maybe 12mpg or so.  Maybe towing?  My buddy did say something about a towing cam being one possibility,  givnig me torque at the lower speeds and still giving relatively good gas mileage.

It's all academic at this point anyhow.
--

Roy J. Tellason

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 12:58:49 am »

+Whatever on the 318...

My '74 Powerwagon (that I had to sell :'( ) had one. Indestructible. And talk about a comfortable engine compartment! I could sit in there to work on it. :laugh:

Hehehe...

I almost bought a power wagon once.  The price being asked was just a bit more than what I had to spend at that point in time,  unfortunately.

One of the things that got done on this truck was replacing the upper control arm bushings,  which of course totally trashes the alignment.  My buddy did that one while I wasn't there,  to my surprise,  and although he tried to get it close to where it was it still meant that the first thing I did after getting it inspected was to take it to a local shop that specializes in alignment.  When I went over there to pick it up one of the two guys that was working on it was down in the pit and the other guy _was_ sitting in the engine compartment.  :-)

I saw one time,  back when I was in the retail battery biz for a bit,  a guy that had a jeep that had an ammo can mounted to his fender well that he used to keep some tools in.  I've been thinking about doing that,  perhaps.  There sure is enough room in there for that,  or any number of other things.
--

Not a TMM member

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 01:18:45 am »

O
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 03:56:02 pm by Not a TMM member »
Not sympathetic to the tinfoil hat crowd.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up