The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Services and Items sought by Claire Wolfe  (Read 148789 times)

canaan

Re: Two firearms training DVDs from Paladin Press
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2007, 06:43:06 am »

Thunder--having a cat is a very good reason why you should win. But I have 2 and a stray that I feed. My trips beat your ace.

My cat is trying to assassinate me, I need the dvds for the tactical advantage

canaan

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2007, 05:55:49 pm »

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2007, 06:57:18 pm »

Thank you, canaan for the ... er, gentle reminder.

Yes ... everybody won. But between that and my limited Net time, that made it complicated for me to announce The Official Plan. But my arse is finally in gear. So here it is.

IAN ... gets the DVDs first; his share the wealth plan might not have had the panache some of your more creative pleas had. But it made a lot of sense. Ian, I'll mail the DVDS to you this week.

So here's the deal. Everybody who asked will get on the list to view the DVDs, and I'll post the send order below. The first six after Ian I chose for creativity, charm & all those other things I first proposed to judge on. After that, the list goes in chronological order (based on when you made a request). I did bump azcoyote forward a bit because her original post went into the ether.

Will everybody please promise to keep the DVDs for no more than two weeks, then send them onward to the next person? Outlaw's honor?

Anyhow, here goes. The first person on the list sends to the second, the second to the third, etc. If you don't want to give your address to a certain person, well ... figure something out.

1. Ian
2. Velojym (who cheated with the pic of Zoe; hey, cheating works some times, just ask any politician)
3. Heartless (who cleverly appealed to my writerly vanity; and really, that was funny)
4. Dull'Hawk (because we need to save the world from him)
5. canaan (because the cat threat is so truly dire)
6. Jac (because of course we must do something FOR THE CHILDREN)
7. Kel (because movies MUST have popcorn!)

Then in chronological order of request:

8. Simon Jester
9. Thunder (who almost got bumped higher; that cat threat is really serious)
10. cowardly lion
11. azcoyote
12. Swami Rabbitima
13. saltydog
14. Pagan
15. Henshawe
16. Kramjam
17. motherbatherick
18. Redmist
19. A Nonny Mouse
20. Roy J. Tellason
21. feralfae
22. Leonidas
23. gooch

If I missed anybody, please speak up!

It'll be interesting to see if the DVDs make it to everyone on the list and don't get stuck endlessly on someone's desk. That would really show that there is truly honor among Outlaws. Remember: Two weeks, then send them onward, please.

Claire
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 11:33:28 am by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Ian

• aka Elf-Boy
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2007, 08:34:55 pm »

Cool! Thanks, Claire!
And Tomlinson took up the tale and spoke of his good in life.
"O this I have read in a book," he said, "and that was told to me,
"And this I have thought that another man thought of a Prince in Muscovy."
The good souls flocked like homing doves and bade him clear the path,
And Peter twirled the jangling Keys in weariness and wrath.
"Ye have read, ye have heard, ye have thought," he said, "and the tale is yet to run:
"By the worth of the body that once ye had, give answer—what ha' ye done?"

FreeTraveler

• The Tireless Agorist - @AgoristDon
    • The Tireless Agorist
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2007, 10:18:11 am »

7. freetraveler

You can drop me off the list for now. We're leaving Florida 6/29, with visits to Michigan and Kentucky before we go to Oregon 8/8 to pick up our 5er... then we have 5 months to get back to Florida for a visit, so getting a package to us will be a little tough.  Thanks for the offer anyway!
The 'social contract' is to the politician what 'original sin' is to the priest.

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2007, 02:00:51 pm »

Okay ... DVDs are now officially in the mail to Ian.

Also, I amended the recipient list. Dropped freetraveler (enjoy your trip, friend). That actually worked out well because yesterday I had unintentionally dropped kel from near the top of the recipients' list. ACK. That was a particularly unfortunate screwup, since kel once did something very nice for me. (The cats must have made me do it.)

Anyhow, all fixed now and my apologies to kel.

A SUGGESTION:  As soon as you receive the DVDs, contact the next person on the list and get their address. This should help avoid any delays in sending the movies onward, and will also alert people to who's got the films now and when they're likely to recieve them.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

kel

• resident montanarchist
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2007, 02:07:14 pm »

Apologies accepted, and thanks. :mellow:
I wasn't picking my nose, I was pointing at my brain.

Leonidas the Younger

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2007, 08:03:51 am »

Uh ...

Erm ...

Help?

I didn't see this thread till today, cause I so little come into this part of the forum.

Can I be added to that list?

Pretty please?

With a .30-06 shell on top?

-- Leonidas
-- It may soon be time to say: "I plead the second."; are you ready?
-- What have you *DONE* for freedom today?
-- Collectives may exist under individualism, but individuals are not suffered to exist under collectivism.
-- I don't beg anyone for my freedom any more.  It isn't theirs to give me.  It's mine to take and to live. - Lightning.
-- Educated men are as much superior to uneducated men as the living are to the dead. - Aristotle

PintofStout

• Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
    • Murphy's Bye-Laws
Re: Wanted: Your old digital camera
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2007, 03:15:05 pm »

I have an older camera that just got replaced.  I'll check the model and stuff to post it when I get home.  If you still need one, I'll send it out for nothing or shipping.

Update: I have an Olympus D-550.  3 Megapixels with a 16 MB SmartMedia Card.  I have no idea how much this will be to ship, but if you want it, I'll send it.  Roy, if you are looking to tinker, I have another camera that was dropped and doesn't take/store pictures anymore.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 06:28:51 pm by PintofStout »
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity there ain't nothing can beat teamwork.
               Seldom Seen Smith of The Monkeywrench Gang by Edward Abbey

Check out my blog and tell me what you think: http://pintofstout.wordpress.com
I also have some poetry and non-political stuff here: http://anonymous.trout.googlepages.com

Fjolnirsson

• http://
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2007, 11:28:09 pm »

I've been idly looking around for a standard film camera, and I'm seeing quite a bit of digital stuff on Craigslist, in the $50-$150 range. Yo might check it out, I've seen some down in the $30 range for the cheaper models...

Alcohol
   Tobacco
& Firearms
should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

\"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold.\"

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2007, 03:26:02 am »

I have an older camera that just got replaced.  I'll check the model and stuff to post it when I get home.  If you still need one, I'll send it out for nothing or shipping.

Update: I have an Olympus D-550.  3 Megapixels with a 16 MB SmartMedia Card.  I have no idea how much this will be to ship, but if you want it, I'll send it.  Roy, if you are looking to tinker, I have another camera that was dropped and doesn't take/store pictures anymore.

I wasn't,  really,  as I haven't done much with cameras at all,  though that's gotta be better than the one I have sitting here that was saturated with water...

Maybe that other one if it's available.  My interest at this point is getting some pix of stuff to stick on the web,  so my requirements are pretty modest.  We'll see what works out...
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

NuclearDruid

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2007, 08:52:02 am »

I've been idly looking around for a standard film camera, and I'm seeing quite a bit of digital stuff on Craigslist, in the $50-$150 range.

Are you looking for a 35 mm?

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

PintofStout

• Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
    • Murphy's Bye-Laws
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2007, 12:10:08 pm »

I wasn't,  really,  as I haven't done much with cameras at all,  though that's gotta be better than the one I have sitting here that was saturated with water...

Maybe that other one if it's available.  My interest at this point is getting some pix of stuff to stick on the web,  so my requirements are pretty modest.  We'll see what works out...

Roy,
I guess Claire may have first dibbs since she started the thread, but if we don't hear from her (don't know how often she is checking in these days) I'll see what i can do to get it to you.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity there ain't nothing can beat teamwork.
               Seldom Seen Smith of The Monkeywrench Gang by Edward Abbey

Check out my blog and tell me what you think: http://pintofstout.wordpress.com
I also have some poetry and non-political stuff here: http://anonymous.trout.googlepages.com

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2007, 02:02:23 am »

Roy,
I guess Claire may have first dibbs since she started the thread, but if we don't hear from her (don't know how often she is checking in these days) I'll see what i can do to get it to you.

Cool.  Email is probably best,  since I'm not checking in here as often as I used to,  all sorts of things taking up my time these days...
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

oldmouse

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2007, 11:52:07 pm »

can kel bring it to me for a day or two?
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.I am free because I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
           -Robert Heinlein

"When a private enterprise fails. it is closed down. When a goverment enterprise fails,it is expanded."
           - Milton Friedman

"WRESTLING WITH WEASLS REQUIRES SOME PRETTY STRANGE MOVES"
        - Richard Quigley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32   Go Up