The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boston T. Party Interview  (Read 4811 times)

Danl

Boston T. Party Interview
« on: March 30, 2004, 10:42:52 pm »

Boston T. Party on Fiction, Freedom, and Free State Wyoming
By Lady Liberty

http://www.free-market.net/rd/452138680.html

I thought it was quite good........

Regards, Danl

"No oppression was ever overthrown by a bunch of readers  and philosophers. Liberty is usually dirty and bloody work, and if we don't have the option of providing our masters with a real  fight, then they will perennially call our wussy  bluff." Quote from Boston T. Party's Boston's Reply to Critics of "Molon Labe"
http://www.freecolorado.com/2004/02/bostonreply.html

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:26:37 am »

I felt that interview said many things that needed to be said, but are rarely mentioned.*grin*
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 02:16:26 am »

I felt that interview said many things that needed to be said, but are rarely mentioned.*grin*
You mean stuff like this, right?

"BTP: That you are not what you believe in; you are what you will fight for. That Thought is a means to the end of Action. That those who profess to love freedom must be capable and willing potential foes of tyranny. It doesn't matter that one is a libertarian; they'll let us all read Atlas Shrugged in the camps. What matters is how much one will defend liberty, and at what price. Only when an oppressed people are angry or desperate enough to fight, can they avoid the fight. We cannot read or think our way back to freedom. We must be willing and able to fight for it."

Can't wait to hear Boston T. Party speak at the Grand Western Conference II -- Free West Now in Three Forks, Montana over the weekend of April 23, 24, and 25. Wow!

Elias  
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 02:31:51 am »

Yes there brother Elias.......exactly that stuff!

*and wondering if it would be piracy if someone were to record certain talks fo the po' folks that can't git there?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 02:34:47 am by ZooT_aLLures »
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 04:41:30 am »

Yes there brother Elias.......exactly that stuff!

*and wondering if it would be piracy if someone were to record certain talks fo the po' folks that can't git there?
At the last GWC, last May, I asked and got permission to tape Vin's and Claire's presentations. What a nice pair of inspirational talkers those two are, lol! Anyway, I'll ask before taping anyone this year, but I'm hopeful that BTP and JJ both will consent. I'm sure both know that I'd not be selling their talks, merely sharing 'em with a few good neighbors like you who couldn't get there. I look forward to the time when TMM can do like Alex Jones and video highlights and speeches for distribution to the liberty movement, with, of course, due royalties to each author/speaker.

On that subject, I've got a reload of some excellent tapes, and I'm told there will be copies available at the GWCII. One is Terry Reed's documentary on Bush Senior, Bill Clinton, Oliver North, Barry Seals, and the DEA and CIA dealing the tonnage of coke out of Mena, Arkansas. Another is a new Alex Jones film, featuring a blazing speech by Cynthia McKenney and a down-home address to his constituency by Ron Paul of Texas......not to mention Alex Jones' personal diatribe before the Austin, Texas City Council on the evils of the USA PATRIOT ACT of 2001, which the Council subsequently passed a city-wide resolution *Against*! Anyway, we give these tapes to people all over Southwest Montana, and mail a few out at times. I see them as such powerful tools for igniting awareness in the public at large, and I long to be able to document some of the wonderful things I witness at times. Meanwhile, I'll just tape all who'll permit me to, and write down my notes. If BTP has no objection, I'll sure tape his presentation for ye.

By the way, I've just, yesterday, finished "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross, and am now about one-fourth into Molon Labe by BTP. So much to read here I'll never get it all done, lol! Life is full of blessings.....

:ph34r:  
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 12:05:39 pm »

Elias,

That sure would be nice if permission were to be granted, after all, not everyone has either the way or the means to attend these "get togethers".

Danl

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 07:12:50 pm »

Elias, Zoot,

I can also recommend "A Lodging of Wayfaring Men" by "Anonymous". It is
another book about getting around the system, more international in
scope though. It can be found, along with a better description, on Vin's
site, here:
http://www.libertybookshop.us/mall/Fiction.htm

This is an excellent read and ranks right up there with Unintended Consequences and Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Mathew Bracken.

My copy of this novel has no UPC code on it. Haven't bought a book like that in a while...   There needs to be some better proofreading for correction of typos but the quality of the writing is right at the top....

Regards, Danl
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 08:07:35 pm by Danl »
"No oppression was ever overthrown by a bunch of readers  and philosophers. Liberty is usually dirty and bloody work, and if we don't have the option of providing our masters with a real  fight, then they will perennially call our wussy  bluff." Quote from Boston T. Party's Boston's Reply to Critics of "Molon Labe"
http://www.freecolorado.com/2004/02/bostonreply.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up