The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: makin girlie liquore  (Read 1599 times)

turnipgirl

makin girlie liquore
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:01:58 am »

I just finished my first batch of strawberry liquore- and it was fantastic!!!!  its not entirely from scratch because I used pure alcohol but it was still awsome and very easy- below is the recipie- it makes a rose colored liquore and is really good in juice or sprite or as an after dinner digestive.  I gave some to my landlord (he's a farmer here and makes his own stuff and I actually got a "molto bene" for my effort  :sunny:

Liquore alle Fragole
one quart jar
halved strawberries to fill the jar
96% alcool etilico buongusto (or whatever pure stuff they have back home- i dunno)

put the strawberries in the jar then fill up with the burn your lips off stuff and stick someplace where the monkeys wont try to steal the strawberries for a week- strain it and discard the berries- they should be almost white.  take a kg of vanilla sugar (thats where you stick a whole bunch of vannilla beans in your sugar so it smells yummy) and just enough water to make a paste- heat it up til it becomes a clear syrup and then let cool.  after it is completely cool mix the two together and put it in clean bottles- its needs about two weeks to mellow and then its great!

lemoncello is made the same way except instead of strawberries you use the zest of 10 lemons instead.
beware the path of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with mustard!
Pages: [1]   Go Up