The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Online Freedom Academy  (Read 79124 times)

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
The Online Freedom Academy
« on: July 02, 2007, 04:12:36 am »

I don't know if this has been mentioned up here in GD. I'm pretty sure it was down in the Twinkies thread.
Jim Davies has created TOLFA as a means to actually do something. He has an intro here.

In the spirit of TMM, which is to promote liberty through education rather than violence (oxymoronic?) I'm bringing it up here again. Please give it a look see. I have introduced 3 people so far to TOLFA and don't plan to stop until we are free of the chains of goonbermint or dead.

I also highly suggest you read this article first.

I "met" Jim in a yahoo group relating to Irwin Schiff. Was excited to see him as a Root Striker. And followed along in his articles there as he developed and presented TOLFA. Now I see he has been writing for almost 15 years and has an archive of his writings here.

What prompted me to post this here?
1. I was working on my own progress through it, and wondered if anyone on the board (besides the illuminated fairy) was also.
B. Discussions lately about the state of the board have included mention that maybe we could all do more acting along with our gum-flapping.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

Hamilton Felix

Re: The Online Freedom Academy
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 12:00:28 pm »

Interesting. 

But what's this?  http://www.tolfa.us/arts/paulprop.htm

This definitely bears investigation. 

Dull'Hawk

• DullHawk.com
    • dullhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 12:35:23 pm »

I put this on my blog.  I think it looks like a very good idea.  I got 99 out of 100 on my entrance exam.  I wonder where I screwed up?
Kent For Liberty

Firefly militia: millions strong, one at a time.

Declaration of Liberation: I hereby withdraw any and all consent (if, indeed, consent was ever given) to be subject to the whims of the murderous, criminal collective known as "government".

iloilo

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 12:42:29 pm »

I put this on my blog.  I think it looks like a very good idea.  I got 99 out of 100 on my entrance exam.  I wonder where I screwed up?
   ^_^  ^_^  :laugh:  :laugh:
Okay, we are not an overachiever or anything here, right???  Right?  I know, I know:  I got 97, IIRC, and I was befuddled about what I had done wrong! 

TOLFA is a great site, and starting a thread here on this forum about it would be a superb idea!

Thank you, Ragnar, for reminding everyone about this super place to learn liberty and its application. 

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 12:50:57 pm »

Haha, 100/100! :P
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM

Jeffersoniantoo

• Green Valley Gulch, MYOBLand
    • Freedom Port: Firefly
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 12:53:46 pm »

Show-off!!

I got a 98...

8)
"Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful easily break through them."

-- Anacharsis - (Scythian philosopher - 600 B.C.)

Dull'Hawk

• DullHawk.com
    • dullhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 01:00:28 pm »

Haha, 100/100! :P

I'll crawl away to hide my shame now. 
Kent For Liberty

Declaration of Liberation: I hereby withdraw any and all consent (if, indeed, consent was ever given) to be subject to the whims of the murderous, criminal collective known as "government".

iloilo

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 01:09:53 pm »

Well, I hope we can have some significant discussions here on this forum about how to institute and perhaps add to some of the ideas for implementation set forth by Jim.

(Okay, okay, I compliment the perfect scorers.  Great job!)

Ragnar, this is such a super thread to have here, I think I will make it my vacation Threadhome, always remembering that my first Threadhome is the Twinkie thread, of course.   :laugh:

Dare2BFree

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 01:10:40 pm »

I had been out there before, but didn't have the time then to look around.  I just took the quiz and got 100.   
If I had known that these days would have changed my life - I would have dressed better.   ~ me

No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.  ~ Judge Gideon J. Tucker

iloilo

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 01:15:34 pm »

Wow!  I can tell this will be a super thread! It will be super to have a discussion place for some fo the content.

And we can probably also consider all the applications, since we all seem to "get it" already!

So nice.

I love taking shortcuts (if spending years and years figuring it all out qualifies as a shortcut!)   :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 01:26:58 pm by feralfae »

hermit

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 02:12:25 pm »

Thanks for posting this, Ragnar. I rarely go in the Twinkie thread, I'm afraid I may not find my way out. This is a great site for my son to work in - he's been asking the 'right' kind of questions lately. I also work with quite a few impressionable kids, so maybe I can get some of them to check it out.

I scored a 97. I still have a ways to go,it seems. :rolleyes:
You can't fix stupid.

Omnes Homines Aut Liberi Sunt Aut Servi

linuxfan

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 03:16:39 pm »

Dull'Hawk

• DullHawk.com
    • dullhawk.com
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 03:23:54 pm »

I am trying to promote TOLFA everywhere I can: MySpace, my blog, my webpages, ...everywhere. 
Kent For Liberty

Leonidas the Younger

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 03:57:43 pm »

98 of 100. And I knew exactly which response it was that they docked me the 2 points for - even before I empirically tested for it by retaking the test with that one answer different.

It was the one about search warrants. I believe search warrants, properly authorized and executed, are a legitimate route to justice.

Of course, they didn't ask if I though it was okay if people used strong crypto on their phone conversations, and there is surely no way I'd support forcing someone to turn over their key ..

-- Leonidas
-- It may soon be time to say: "I plead the second."; are you ready?
-- What have you *DONE* for freedom today?
-- Collectives may exist under individualism, but individuals are not suffered to exist under collectivism.
-- I don't beg anyone for my freedom any more.  It isn't theirs to give me.  It's mine to take and to live. - Lightning.
-- Educated men are as much superior to uneducated men as the living are to the dead. - Aristotle

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 03:58:38 pm »

I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up