The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Online Freedom Academy  (Read 78731 times)

Dull'Hawk

• DullHawk.com
    • dullhawk.com
Re: The Online Freedom Academy
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 05:09:38 pm »

I rethought my 99 out of 100 score and realized that I had asked the wrong question... Cuz now I wonder: what did they get wrong?  :dontknow:
Kent For Liberty

Firefly militia: millions strong, one at a time.

Declaration of Liberation: I hereby withdraw any and all consent (if, indeed, consent was ever given) to be subject to the whims of the murderous, criminal collective known as "government".

iloilo

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 05:20:49 pm »

I rethought my 99 out of 100 score and realized that I had asked the wrong question... Cuz now I wonder: what did they get wrong?  :dontknow:

:thumbsup: :sign10: :thumbsup:

Jeffersoniantoo

• Green Valley Gulch, MYOBLand
    • Freedom Port: Firefly
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 05:25:26 pm »

:thumbsup: :sign10: :thumbsup:

Yup...I have lost count of the libertarians I have debated with that strayed from libertarian principles....

8)
"Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful easily break through them."

-- Anacharsis - (Scythian philosopher - 600 B.C.)

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 07:08:43 pm »

98 of 100.
I knowed you wuz a statist... :P

:laugh: :laugh:

See? I knew I had learned my lesson. Keyboard is now covered with (generic) Saran Wrap. So now the coffee just rolls right off. Of course it then puddles up in my lap and makes it look like I wet myself.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

velojym

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 08:19:55 pm »

I know I lost points on the SS question. I just feel too alone and tired of it all, and tend to give in rather than fight a losing battle.

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 09:42:40 pm »

:brave:
The Mayor is the Problem
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

Junker

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 03:27:25 am »

ok...the sections are
1.Human Nature10.War & Defense
2.What Is Government?11.Money
3.What Markets Do12.Education
4.Ethics - Why do right?13.Health & Drugs
5.Religion14.Family
6.Justice15.Economics
7.Tax & Spend16."Limited Government"
8.The Environment17.Wonder
9.Borders18.Getting There

Now I suppose I have to read each section to figure out his slant. Or do y'all want to take 'em one at a time, in order? Go read, come back, comment, discuss...?

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 08:22:18 am »

I only scored a 99. Therefore, the maker of that test has prejudged me, and I can prove it. I have a theory about how it happened. I suspect that there are more than one of them, making it therefore a conspiracy to deprive me of my full cup of freedom. The damned thing was rigged, I tell you, rigged!

Here is a puddin' bowl full of proof....

When I completed the answers and clicked the submit button, it took less than one full second for the damned test mechanism to post up my score. That shows me that the test was rigged, that some element of the enemy has infiltrated the mechanism, that my fate is being tampered with from outside forces, that mechanical metaphysics were employed to upset the balance of justice, that someone or something is out to get me, that even the great gravity-free vacuum of the void was purposely designed to entrap my soul's bid for immortality, and that there has to have been a great intent and purpose within the blast-furnace of the cosmic big bang band of strings shaking down like cometrical deluges amid orbs orbiting other orbs outside my window in a rare summer-time rain in Montana where I sit all forlorn and dismayed over this horrendous plot and conspiracy to suck the liberty out of my personal freedom and I can only wonder if the IRS has anything to do with this.....

But, then, 99 out of a hunnert ain't all that awful bad, maybe? Oh dear, perhaps I shall take the danged course..... as I obviously need to learn more.

:)
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

Dull'Hawk

• DullHawk.com
    • dullhawk.com
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 08:41:22 am »

I finished going through the whole thing.  I really enjoyed it a lot.  I had to pace myself to avoid doing it too quickly.  Now I gotta try to convince other people that it is worth their time and effort.  And I really think it is.
Kent For Liberty

Firefly militia: millions strong, one at a time.

Declaration of Liberation: I hereby withdraw any and all consent (if, indeed, consent was ever given) to be subject to the whims of the murderous, criminal collective known as "government".

TooTallDawkins

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 10:49:58 am »

I just scored a 99. The SS question is the problem, I believe.

Shorty Dawkins

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 02:35:29 pm »

bump
:icon_pirat:
The Mayor is the Problem
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

iloilo

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 02:38:48 pm »

^_^  :wub:
Good bump, Rags.
 :laugh:
ff

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 04:10:22 pm »

Just a thought here. Some who have been to the TOLFA site have asked who would be their mentor. The thought just hit me that first, I can't really imagine anyone here needing a mentor. Most are "on the path" already in a way that would lean them toward an understanding of what Jim is doing. And, second, we could just use this thread as a sort of proxy mentor. If you are taking the course and have a question, ask it here and someone can help you with an answer.

caveat: In my free time. ha ha ha

:icon_pirat:
The Mayor is the Problem
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 04:31:48 pm »

Hm.  I must have missed this thread in its first incarnation.

100/100  :mellow:

But I was guessing on a couple of them.  Take it from someone who's written hundreds of them, it's a bad multiple-guess test when there ismore than one "right" answer per question (and a couple of them could have gone either way), and/or the wording is leading or suggestive.   I suppose their collective heart is in the right place, but that's a poorly-written test.

Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

freewoman

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2008, 05:36:33 am »

I agree, Joel.  Not well written.  I got a 97; probably the marijuana vs. bull question.  (I chose the bull; when I was about 4, my sister and I were pretending to smoke with pencils, and my dad said, "Here, you want to try it?" and had me take a drag of his no-filter Camel.  Never had any desire to inhale smoke since!)  It's easy for most of us around these here parts to figure out the angle they're looking for.  I do think that this is a great way to get folks thinking about their positions, though.  Might work wonders for some.

Ragnar--I was laughing at the mental image of a man spewing liquid all over the keyboard, then swearing as it rolled off onto his lap.  Now that's funny, right there, I don't care who you are!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up