The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: State of Fear  (Read 3497 times)

mr_duh

State of Fear
« on: July 29, 2007, 03:57:19 pm »

Michael Crichton's State of Fear

A very enjoyable and quick read, despite 600 pages. It kept me entertained yesterday and well into the early morning. Crichton takes on global warming, with a few jabs and uppercuts to environmentalists, limousine liberals , NGOs, and environmental extremists. It is by far the best I have read debunking the myth of global warming. The book also includes the essay Why Politicized Science is Dangerous along with a large bibliography.

He even coins a new term I absolutely love: The political-legal-media complex, the PLM, a counter to Eisenhower's military-industrial complex. It goes like this: "Politicians need fears to control the population. Lawyers need dangers to litigate and make money. The media need scare stories to capture an audience."

velojym

Re: State of Fear
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 06:37:29 pm »

They've put a heck of a lot more effort into trying to pick M.C. apart than they ever put into real research.
The Global Warming fans seem to be more like an ad agency, looking for the best sales pitch, than ever trying to
find the truth. Of course, if the truth doesn't bring them power and government money... what's the point, eh?
Pages: [1]   Go Up