The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Animal rescue  (Read 12354 times)

gaurdduck

Re: Animal rescue
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 08:20:33 am »

Both of my turtles were rescued and later deemed incapable of survival in the wild.
So I take care of them now.

Clip Johnson

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 09:01:56 am »

We can't take care of all the animals that get dumped out where we live. My hat is off to all of you who do so much for the homeless......it is a shame what they go through and certainly not their fault.

I have the same problem. Far too many animals, particularly dogs, that are dumped out here where I live. I currently have 5 very sweet, loving mixed-breed puppies who were abandoned and I've kept them for nearly 5 months now. I've tried every avenue I know to find homes for them. Listed them on Petfinders.com and Craigslist, put up flyers around town and at veterinarian offices, contacted several local rescue organizations, asked friends/family/coworkers, even tried taking them to Wal-Mart parking lot offering them "free to good homes", all to no avail. It's just a bad time to be giving away puppies. It deeply saddens me, but due to my own difficulties with my work slowing down drastically these past several months, I simply cannot keep them. I am now left to take them to the animal control later today, which truly breaks my heart to have to do so.

So I agree with you Bennie, my hat is also off to all those who do so much for the homeless animals. Animals truly are innocent creatures.

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 02:35:52 pm »

Clip,

Why don't you try to find a rescue organization for the dogs you have? There are many breed specific rescue orgs out there. If they have room, they probably be happy to take them off your hands.

Too bad Claire is not around these parts anymore otherwise I'm sure she'd advise you on this.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 04:46:45 pm »

She only lives about a mile from us but I can't bring myself to go down there and even visit over the fence.  If she still has him.
Still hurts...

Horse thieves used to be hung. Still should be...
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Clip Johnson

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 05:24:45 pm »

Clip,

Why don't you try to find a rescue organization for the dogs you have? There are many breed specific rescue orgs out there. If they have room, they probably be happy to take them off your hands.

Too bad Claire is not around these parts anymore otherwise I'm sure she'd advise you on this.

S.

Thanks for the advise, but I sure did try all the rescue organizations that are within driving distance of where I am. Everyone told me they were overflowing and simply couldn't take in any more animals right now. I am so sad about it, but they are at the pound now due to my crazy (no kidding, she literally is insane), mean-spirited neighbor who called animal control repeatedly about the puppies running lose. I erected a fence but the little buggers keep getting out by climbing over. I ended up keeping one of them, just wished I could have kept them all, or found good homes for them. It's really, really sad.

And yeah, I agree. I sure wished Claire was still around.

gaurdduck

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 10:01:14 pm »

She only lives about a mile from us but I can't bring myself to go down there and even visit over the fence.  If she still has him.
Still hurts...

Horse thieves used to be hung. Still should be...

Yes. I concur with that sentiment. Although I would think bullets were cheaper than rope...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up