The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No-State Project  (Read 3371 times)

Hunter

• Hunter at TPoL
No-State Project
« on: October 06, 2003, 09:09:15 pm »

I popped over and looked through what the No State Project website had to say for itself. Fairly bland and innocuous anarchist stuff. A couple of thoughts worth mentioning struck me.

First, the principle of this seems to be somebody called Mark Gillespie. That name rings vague bells somewhere, but I can't bring up any associations. Anybody heard of this fellow? I am thinking of asking some of my friends and family out in Kansas if the name means anything to them, since he is out in that area.

The second thing that caught my eye was the $5 monthly fee you're supposed to send in when you join up. And he specifies a money order. Essqueeze  me? The most famoustest of the organizations we know of with a similar name doesn't charge a single red cent to associate yourself with it, and has managed to accomplish some pretty remarkable things with only the funds that people ponied up on their own. To quote the Sheriff of Nottingham in the classic Walt Disney film "Robin Hood", "Thars sumthin' funny goin' on heah."  
from an undisclosed secure location far, far outside Ohio

Hunter's Seventieth Rule: The Internet needs a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Of the gene pool, I mean.

Ian

• aka Elf-Boy
No-State Project
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 09:41:59 pm »

Yeah, the name rang a bell with me too. All I can come up with is that he's a writer for Anti-State. (http://anti-state.com/user.php?user_id=89)
And Tomlinson took up the tale and spoke of his good in life.
"O this I have read in a book," he said, "and that was told to me,
"And this I have thought that another man thought of a Prince in Muscovy."
The good souls flocked like homing doves and bade him clear the path,
And Peter twirled the jangling Keys in weariness and wrath.
"Ye have read, ye have heard, ye have thought," he said, "and the tale is yet to run:
"By the worth of the body that once ye had, give answer—what ha' ye done?"

mantispid

• http://www.mantispid.com
No-State Project
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 09:50:55 pm »

I think the site is a joke.. though I suppose it could be a scam.

"The root of all corruption is the willingness to violate the peaceful free will of others." -mantispid

Mantispid's weblog, "The Free Mind".

Hunter

• Hunter at TPoL
No-State Project
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 10:07:00 pm »

It could be both I suppose.  Anti-state.com - yeah, that would explain why the name seemed familiar, I think I've read some of his articles there. Nothing interesting in whois and DNS lookups on the hostname. I found this site that I think is his home page. Apparently he has a novel out, too. It would appear he's for real and has a history as an anarcho-capitalist, anyway. I have to admit I have seriously considered setting up a way for people to just send me money to support some of what I do, so I can't say as I blame him for trying.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 10:07:26 pm by Hunter »
from an undisclosed secure location far, far outside Ohio

Hunter's Seventieth Rule: The Internet needs a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Of the gene pool, I mean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up