The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Vision for this Forum, if I may....  (Read 3912 times)

iloilo

A Vision for this Forum, if I may....
« on: September 26, 2007, 11:34:04 am »

I have been thinking about this these last few days, especially as I have been having PM conversations with many of you, as well as communicating with friends around the world.

We are the vanguard of a new stage of human communication here on the web.  For the first time in human history, people from all around the planet can exchange concepts, ideas and thoughts on the issues of self-governance, individual liberty and freedom for the each human.  We can discuss what it means, that simple phrase, "human rights".  We can refine how it applies to us and to other humans.

We can help each other to hone our individual concepts of liberty and self-governance.  We can share the means to survive in the present and increasing turmoil.  We can find ways to deflect and transpose violent aggression into peaceful dialogue as we also explore and establish new levels of mutual respect.

As I wrote to one dear TMM member earlier:

"I think the entire internet is going to become a worldwide treasure: here, we are on a forum where people are discussing the concept of individual self-governance and absolute self-responsibility.  Around the nation and the world!  As more people join the www family, more people than ever before in the history of the human race are exchanging ideas and discussing concepts and learning to ask effective questions so they can find answers on the web.

I consider the wwweb the mechanism by which we humans will reach the next stage of human evolution and consciousness."

Sometimes, when we are caught up in the day-to-day efforts to live and maintain our individual place in existence, it is easy to overlook the larger picture, so I thought I'd offer to sketch in a small corner of that picture here.

We are the vanguard.  
We are here learning, promoting and teaching individual self-governance and freedom.  
We are learning to be a society without walls, and we are learning a new set of social mores as we go.  
I love that I am a part of this.  
When I stand back and look at this freedom movement, its potential and its possibilities, and its reach and scope, when I consider that Planet Earth is now one community of humans who can discuss, refine and apply concepts of liberty and individual freedom around the globe, and that we are a part of that movement, I am both awed and humbled.

This is movement transcends the USA, and North America, althougth the  place we always start is at home  ^_^ : this movement is about refining the concepts of liberty, freedom and individual self-governance and sharing the discussion around the planet for a civilised society where each individual who is a member of that society is recognized first and last as an individual and not as a cog or a number or a labour unit to be taxed (robbed) to fulfill someone else's vision of utopia or power.  
It is about spreading the word of the ZAP.  
It is about realizing the vision of living in peace, productivity and creativity as you wish, with no threat that anyone will steal what you produce or create.  It is about also learning the use of all the tools to protect that vision.
It is about learning how to live on a planet in peace and prosperity.  
It is about learning to refuse to allow violence against anyone for any reason, other than as a response in self-defense.  

It is a new global social and economic perspective, and we are at the vanguard.

I hope you all share this vision.  Or have a better one, which is entirely possible.  
~toward entelechy ~
ff
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:37:05 am by feralfae »

Junker

Re: A Vision for this Forum, if I may....
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 03:02:56 pm »

!! :-) !!

Bravo, Feralfae.

Ire

• Anarchist
    • Mosslight
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 03:53:48 pm »

I've often felt that the internet is our best chance for spreading the idea of liberty.

Well written, it's good to see someone realize the enormous potential this network holds for humanity, and not label it as a demonic device.

There are no heroes, and wishes only come true in fairy tales.

www.mosslight.blogspot.com

Bibamufu

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 05:18:40 pm »

what They Said...

iloilo

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 10:07:09 pm »

Thank you, thank you.

After all, come the planetary peace and prosperity, the words on this forum - and the wisdom and practical knowledge that runs through these threads, written by so many self-responsible, self-governing, ZAP people - may be reviewed for any learning contained herein.  I have found a lot of learning here from so very many of the other, sharing minds.

Am I setting a fun standard and evoking a fun vision?  :laugh:

I sure hope so! ^_^
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:55:25 pm by feralfae »

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 04:23:09 am »

(snip snip snip)  Am I setting a fun standard and evoking a fun vision?  :laugh:

I sure hope so! ^_^

Aye, Lass! That ye are, indeed! I can't thank you enough for pouring yourself into that posting so nicely. 'Tis a post I'll ever cherish. Thank you.

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

iloilo

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 09:01:40 am »

Thank you Elias.   ^_^
Today, I am out of there to meet with the printer for the 200,000 run of FIJA's new body ownership brochure.
If you haven't seen it, anyone, it is online at our web site at www.fija.org

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 06:28:12 pm »

I have been thinking about this these last few days, especially as I have been having PM conversations with many of you, as well as communicating with friends around the world.

We are the vanguard of a new stage of human communication here on the web.  For the first time in human history, people from all around the planet can exchange concepts, ideas and thoughts on the issues of self-governance, individual liberty and freedom for the each human.  We can discuss what it means, that simple phrase, "human rights".  We can refine how it applies to us and to other humans.

Yes indeed.  And on other things as well (more on that below).

We can help each other to hone our individual concepts of liberty and self-governance.  We can share the means to survive in the present and increasing turmoil.  We can find ways to deflect and transpose violent aggression into peaceful dialogue as we also explore and establish new levels of mutual respect.

As I wrote to one dear TMM member earlier:

"I think the entire internet is going to become a worldwide treasure: here, we are on a forum where people are discussing the concept of individual self-governance and absolute self-responsibility.  Around the nation and the world!  As more people join the www family, more people than ever before in the history of the human race are exchanging ideas and discussing concepts and learning to ask effective questions so they can find answers on the web.

I have felt for quite a long time that the resource that computers offer us in terms of handling information (by which I mean something entirely different than "data processing" :-) is something very special,  and something very valuable.  Mostly being a technically-inclined person,  that's where a lot of my own personal efforts have been involved.  A taste for independence and a resentment toward any kind of authority that's been a part of my nature for darn near as long as I can remember have led to the inevitable result of some political aspects to that and some self-defense aspects to that also developing.

This started way before the 'net came along,  and eventually comms were introduced to the picture for me with BBS systems,  something that probably predates the experience of a lot of you folks.   I found it useful anyhow.  :-)  The whole 'net thing adds another dimension to it entirely...

I consider the wwweb the mechanism by which we humans will reach the next stage of human evolution and consciousness."

In one minor nitpick here I'm gonna say that it's not the web,  but the 'net as a whole,  and the whole concept of the electronic storage,  manipulation,  and transfer of information that's adding this value to things.  But most particularly,  the 'net is _not_ the web -- the latter is only a small portion of it.  Email is another one.  As are ftp sites.  And so forth.  There are whole *piles* of different protocols,  ways that computers at either end of a link can be persuaded to talk to each other and many of which might turn out to be useful for our purposes.  Not to jump on you about this or anything,  but folks that think that the web is all of it are folks that are seriously missing out...

Sometimes, when we are caught up in the day-to-day efforts to live and maintain our individual place in existence, it is easy to overlook the larger picture, so I thought I'd offer to sketch in a small corner of that picture here.

We are the vanguard. 
We are here learning, promoting and teaching individual self-governance and freedom. 
We are learning to be a society without walls, and we are learning a new set of social mores as we go. 
When I stand back and look at this freedom movement, its potential and its possibilities, and its reach and scope, when I consider that Planet Earth is now one community of humans who can discuss, refine and apply concepts of liberty and individual freedom around the globe, and that we are a part of that movement, I am both awed and humbled.

Yes.

This is movement transcends the USA, and North America, althougth the  place we always start is at home  ^_^ : this movement is about refining the concepts of liberty, freedom and individual self-governance and sharing the discussion around the planet for a civilised society where each individual who is a member of that society is recognized first and last as an individual and not as a cog or a number or a labour unit to be taxed (robbed) to fulfill someone else's vision of utopia or power. 
It is about realizing the vision of living in peace, productivity and creativity as you wish, with no threat that anyone will steal what you produce or create.  It is about also learning the use of all the tools to protect that vision.
It is about learning to refuse to allow violence against anyone for any reason, other than as a response in self-defense. 

I hope you all share this vision.  Or have a better one, which is entirely possible.

Oh,  not to belittle at all what you're saying here,  as I think that new social orders coming out of what exists now is of major significance,  indeed.  But I also think that this is a phenomenon that can be of significance when it comes to the furthering of knowledge of all sorts,  as is readily in evidence here by the folks who are sharing their expertise in a lot of areas,  and by all of the history that's now available online (and which Junker seems to be showing a pretty good knack for finding :-),  and the tech stuff,  and the food-related stuff,  and so on.  It's *huge*.  And indeed awesome.

~toward entelechy ~
ff

What does that mean?  I see where wikipedia has a page on it here,  but even after glancing at it I'm not sure how _you_ mean it.  :-)

Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

iloilo

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 06:49:52 pm »

See Feralfae  :sign10: with delight!

The signature, Dear Mr. Tellasonon, you remarkable person, you!   means what you wrote in the paragraph above the signature.  And a bit more. ( See feralfae fall off a flower petal, she is smiling and laughing with sooo much glee. )

Right now, and for some time, this is where my (significant, highly-enjoyable) writing has been focused: entelechy, human evolution, the broad and comprehensive synthesis of knowledge in a way and by means not heretofore available to humans and especially, to the human mind, but now available on the web.

(Yes, I understand about web v. net, thank you: I often think of knowledge as a web of energy which has each human mind as a synaptic point, and the web of energy covers the planet.)  It is very pretty.   :laugh:

I have been writing ... and now back to that task.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 06:52:06 pm by feralfae »

iloilo

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 07:03:18 pm »

I will relate more on the word entelechy, but if you read Leibniz's notes from when he was developing the calculus, you will find his use of the word is pretty much my definition: the unit of identity reaching a state of its fully realized potentiality.  The state of having become, in contrast - but not opposed to - becoming.

On further thought, one can see that the realization of any discerned or recognized potentiality is from the viewpoint of the observer.  Therefore, the actual state of entelechy evolves as individual minds evolve. (Thus "toward " rather than "at" or "reach"  or "arrive at" entelechy.)

I will write more on this later, sorry, I hope this helps with the definition and concept of entelechy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:05:19 pm by feralfae »

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:06 pm »

<snip>

We are the vanguard. 

This is movement transcends the USA, and North America, althougth the  place we always start is at home  ^_^ : this movement is about refining the concepts of liberty, freedom and individual self-governance and sharing the discussion around the planet for a civilised society where each individual who is a member of that society is recognized first and last as an individual and not as a cog or a number or a labour unit to be taxed (robbed) to fulfill someone else's vision of utopia or power. 
It is about realizing the vision of living in peace, productivity and creativity as you wish, with no threat that anyone will steal what you produce or create.  It is about also learning the use of all the tools to protect that vision.

<snip>

Well said and ....
thought provoking.

Thank you.

g
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

iloilo

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 11:25:18 pm »

Gooch ~  (I do know how to spell your nick, really!)
Thank you, kind seer.
 ^_^
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 09:56:47 pm by feralfae »
Pages: [1]   Go Up