The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: PAYING FOR WEB HOSTING  (Read 91065 times)

Junker

Re: PAYING FOR WEB HOSTING
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 09:55:19 pm »

Gack! - a provisional !

Thank you, And180. Enjoy your time here!

iloilo

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 10:03:16 pm »

Wow!  I am so glad you see the inherent and potential good of this forum.
...and 180:  Age?  Address?  Weight?  Number of pages already written on next best-selling novel?

I just love it when someone sets my curiosity to stalking the answer(s).

Welcome, thank you, hope to see you here often.

I just donated 25.00.

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 11:01:25 pm »

That was quick.

I'm going to have to beg off for a bit. I'm currently looking for work, so I need to hold onto funds until the tide changes. I'm working on that, though, and have a few possibilities.

A hearty thanks to all who kicked in so quickly.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

Junker

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 11:20:35 am »

Quite so, Ragnar. Good luck on the hunt.

Junker

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 04:04:59 am »

Who is MS Jordan?

Guns ... reloading ... antennas ... 17 posts in 3 years! ... a man of few words

No matter the answer... thank you, M.S. Jordan.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 10:15:42 am »

The donation money for the new hosting service has showed up in my bank account as a "Pending" transaction. I expect it will become complete and available to me tomorrow or Wednesday, at which time I'll purchase the 5 year hosting account at site5.com and get started moving our bits and setting up a test forum.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

msjordan

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 10:36:27 am »

MS Jordan

Likes being a ghost - seldum seen or heard

I just figure that if I'm going to gain information and other bits of mental candy I should be prepared to pay for it

MS Jordan
I say not give me liberty or give me death I say I am born free and he who would deny me freedom risks his own death.Mack Tanner

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 10:42:38 am »

The money got to me, so I acquired a new hosting account at site5.com.

I quoted the price from memory, and got it wrong. The $5/month hosting requires two years up front, not five. So I paid $120 today, as reflected in my post at the beginning of this topic. That leaves us a balance of $305.01. If somebody who donated feels misled, I'll be happy to return 180/300 (60%) of your donation. Otherwise, I'll send the balance to Claire in payment for the boards.

You can look at the board, restored from the 9/30 backup, at http://74.54.2.69/forums/ . The user id and password you use here should work there. Any changes you make there will be overwritten when we go live. It's probably faster now than it will be once we switch over and it's under load, but tell me what you think. I haven't transferred the database for the wiki yet. Nor have I worked on SSL access (https). I probably can't actually do that until after the switchover, but it shouldn't take long. It might also cost a few bucks, so I may take a little more of the donation money for that.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

Junker

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 01:35:31 pm »

All's generally well. I got an "incorrect theme directory" msg, but it didn't hurt functionality.
Text was a bit larger, a bit blacker, o-wise fine.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 02:47:00 pm »

Thanks, Junker. I fixed the theme directory and a few others.

The wiki is up at http://74.54.2.69/wiki/Wolfekipedia . As with the forum, changes you make there will be overwriiten, so only change things to test that it works. There are some forwarding issues that I know about, e.g. http://74.54.2.69/wiki gets you back to thementalmilitia.com. Not going to bother with analyzing this until after the switch.

iloilo

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 10:01:36 am »

TJRC now has a bank account. Anyone can send checks or money orders. We can deposit, then send to Claire.

We could still use some donations to help pay off Claire, too. 
I think Debra is closing the box there soon, so remember, you can send to TMM:

Make check or money order payable to: "B. Kallestad"

Mail checks / money orders to:

TMM
P.O. Box 71
Willow Creek, MT 59760

On behalf of Claire, I thank you sincerely.

Salute!
Elias

Junker

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 10:19:31 am »

The wiki is up at http://74.54.2.69/wiki/Wolfekipedia.

There. Logged in. Paged. Edited. Fast. All fine.

padre29

• Cavaliere d' Onore
  • Civily Dead
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2007, 05:23:21 pm »

TJRC now has a bank account. Anyone can send checks or money orders. We can deposit, then send to Claire.

We could still use some donations to help pay off Claire, too. 
I think Debra is closing the box there soon, so remember, you can send to TMM:

Make check or money order payable to: "B. Kallestad"

Mail checks / money orders to:

TMM
P.O. Box 71
Willow Creek, MT 59760

On behalf of Claire, I thank you sincerely.

Salute!
Elias

How much is still owed to Claire if you don't mind my asking?
Video in Venitur

Gotblog?

http://tthelastcause.blogspot.com/

iloilo

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2007, 09:26:15 pm »

I don't know, I will pose the question to others who may know. 

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007, 11:01:20 pm »

How much is still owed to Claire if you don't mind my asking?

padre29,
Thank you for asking about that. I'm sure others here would like to know the balance due to Claire. I should have already thought of posting the "count-down" as monies come in.

I do not think that Claire would want the original sale price to be made known, so if you would pardon me for being somewhat vague, I will state discretely that the figure was in the four-digit range when we began sending payments to Claire. By now the figure should be something over nine hundred dollars - so we've got a distance to go to complete the transaction. Less than a thousand dollars, but more than nine hundred dollars - the balance due is somewhere between those numbers, to the best of my knowledge at this moment.

Claire updates me from time to time as money arrives at Debra's address, PayPal, or at Claire's place. I can give a sort of "count-down" here on this thread to keep members updated on our progress.

Claire, Debra, TMM and TJRC are very grateful to all who have helped so far, and to all who would like to help but cannot at this time, and to all who shall help in coming times. I, personally, am grateful for the kindness and generosity of so many members who have sent money for Claire and have in so doing helped Claire Wolfe enhance her personal freedom. They have also enabled TMM/TJRC to go forward with paying for the boards, which I trust in times to come shall be helpful to many individuals in enhancing their personal freedom.

I'm in touch with Claire regularly, and I'll note the progress as we pay this commitment down and fulfill it. After we pay for the Forums, then everyone can send all their extra money to the Ron Paul 2008 campaign fund, right? :)

Salute!
Elias

"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up