The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: PAYING FOR WEB HOSTING  (Read 95530 times)

padre29

• Cavaliere d' Onore
  • Civily Dead
Re: PAYING FOR WEB HOSTING
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2007, 05:59:23 am »

Thanks Elias, I have "Debtaphobia" concerning things financial, and would like to see that debt ut to bed as it were.
Video in Venitur

Gotblog?

http://tthelastcause.blogspot.com/

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2007, 10:04:40 am »

Thanks Elias, I have "Debtaphobia" concerning things financial, and would like to see that debt ut to bed as it were.

Know what you mean. I also have "debtaphobia", and prefer to be debt-free, but since I closed my store and took up the Freedom Outlaw's way of life, I've found that I am not able to get out of debt as easily as I could in the past, back when I had a cash flow going on. I do not like owing, and yet I owe one man here fifty bucks for a couple of years, and have struggled to find that money to send him. (I survive on a modest part-time job here.) I'm sometimes late (again) paying my rent - While 'm usually current on rent, power bill, and phone bill, I can be late if any little unexpected thing comes along. I've had three small businesses during the past four decades, and I truly do miss having the ability to pay my way as I go, which was a benefit of having those businesses. So what I've done since the end of 1999, when I went middle-aged crazy and shut down my source of income for to move to Montana and enlist in the 2nd American Revolution, is to try real hard to NOT obligate myself in any way - for I know that I'll have to depend upon small miracles to pay off any debt I incur. 

I conferred with some of my friends here before committing to Claire and Debra to buy the Forums. I figured I'd just rely upon a group effort to pay for the deal. That, and a small miracle.

I've just mentioned "small miracles" twice in this one post, so allow me to tease just a bit, if you please.

Back in this past Spring of '07, a "small miracle" happened. I'll be vague.

It is like a chrysalis - it was slowly woven, one weekend at a time, with each weekend constituting another strand in the project, and it is slowly completing itself as if by design, and it is apparently going to be the basis for my fourth (and LAST! I promise!) small business. The worm doth turn, inside this chrysalis, and this worm is quite lovely. It is truly a miracle of sorts, but a natural miracle. This worm is growing silently a pair of wings, upon which it shall fly free once it breaks out of its chrysalis. It is based on a discovery made by our very own Basil Fishbone.

And what Basil Fishbone discovered can be tweaked by your humble servant into something very marketable yet noble and containing an inherent and perpetual value. So Basil and I are doing the leg-work to set up a most unusual and un-regulated small business. Nothing big, nothing extravagant, and there won't be a lot of money, but there should be enough money to round-out TJRC's office needs (including my dream of a video-editing studio), pay off my debt to Claire and Debra, pay my patient friend that fifty bucks I've owed him for so long, pay the costs of issuing The Jefferson River Gazette in hard-copy, and make a lot of people happy by providing something beautiful and lasting which they can own themselves.

We have a name for the business, and Claire knows about it generally. Keep your ears open in coming months and you'll likely enjoy the surprise when we post-up here our inaugural announcement and declare we're "open for business".

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

padre29

• Cavaliere d' Onore
  • Civily Dead
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2007, 04:35:09 pm »

Ahh Elias, thou tongue doth speak wonderous things, I however, am from the "Show me the money" line of inelegance an accoutnig background and perhaps too much Ed Romney for my own good.. :laugh:

So that being said, I'll match donations up to 200 (in total if someone donates 50, I donate 50 up to two hundred dollars total) that will add up to 400 towards the payment of the mortgage on TMM.

I work for a living of course, so this is my .02 cents worth of sweat towards TMM Elias as reconfiguring web pages is not my cup of tea, and webhosting has already been paid for upfront before I could contribute.
Video in Venitur

Gotblog?

iloilo

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2007, 05:27:07 pm »

Padre, you delightful person, you!   :wub:
Elias is on his way to chez feralfae right now, and I will share this wonderful news with him as soon as he arrives!
Good for you!

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2007, 12:37:18 am »

Padre,

Seems to be a real shortage of men of character in this world today......and your pledge shows character.......

I'm glad you're here with us............
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

padre29

• Cavaliere d' Onore
  • Civily Dead
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2007, 12:56:23 am »

Padre,

Seems to be a real shortage of men of character in this world today......and your pledge shows character.......

I'm glad you're here with us............

Careful Zoot, I snore and generally make a nuisance of myself.

Not only do I despise "debt" but I also really don't like outstanding obligations to people, especaillay friends, so if this isn't payed off in a few months, I'll pony up.

I would like to see a Christian/Remnant type forum here, but that is just me.

Cheers!
Video in Venitur

Gotblog?

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2007, 01:27:58 am »

The well behaved didn't free this country last time, nor will they free it next time around............
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

padre29

• Cavaliere d' Onore
  • Civily Dead
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2007, 01:33:10 am »

The well behaved didn't free this country last time, nor will they free it next time around............

True, but in a textual forum, it is hard to make the typed word the same as the in person words.
Video in Venitur

Gotblog?

iloilo

PAYING FOR WEB HOSTING
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2007, 12:00:05 pm »

I want to keep this thread on top so people will see it and help out and also meet Padre's wonderful challenge!
We still need to finish paying off the debt. 

In response to a couple of you who emailed me: yes, you are helping to buy a forum you do not own, but think of it as buying a ticket to play here :-).   Sort of like Disneyworld, with better rides.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And I do not think that Elias or anyone else who is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of these boards is going to make any changes - other than growth changes - or do anything different from the past.  I think you will be delighted with the direction, continuity and content here.  (Buy a ticket, please!)

So, buying your ticket will keep you, and everyone else here, in the game.  We really need these boards as a place to share ideas and network, and I hope you will kick in and help meet the matching offer Padre has made!

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2007, 09:54:19 pm »

(snip)

In response to a couple of you who emailed me: yes, you are helping to buy a forum you do not own, but think of it as buying a ticket to play here :-).  (snip)

Nicely said, ff. Also, I would like to add to your appeal this one way in which I see this transaction. What the money is for is really for Ms Claire Wolfe.

Why I can say that is because Claire offered to give me the Forums for free. She did that because TMM once gave the Forums to her for free, and she wanted to reciprocate once I had showed an interest in purchasing the Forums. She is one very fine woman and a true friend, and she always keeps her personal honor foremost. And because she has always been a good friend to me, I did not want her to simply give me the Forums - especially when I knew she wanted to sell the Forums for money only to use the money to spring herself to a new level of personal freedom.

Therefore, I thanked her for her offer to give me the Forums and insisted that The Jefferson River Coalition and The Mental Militia wanted to pay her asking price, (which I had learned from her before I offered to buy the Forums). She is my friend and I wanted to give all our mutual friends and Coalition members and Mental Militia members an opportunity to give something back to this woman for all the endless hours of dedicated work for liberty she has given us over the years.

So it's really a group effort to help spring Claire Wolfe to her next level, and I trust she will achieve greater capabilities for expressing her creativity as a writer and artist as well as her new approach to self-discovery. I am very happy for Claire, and I'm very happy for TJRC and TMM and for myself personally. While the boards are my personal liability, I have surrounded myself with the most wonderful group of people in both TJRC and TMM, and also from the Claire Files message boards. So it occurred to me to have things two ways at once. First, I'm the guy who should bear any legal liabilities for what goes down here at the Forums - the FBI can talk to me about their problems, or whatever. But Secondly, I'm giving the actual boards, sans the legal liabilites, to The Jefferson River Coalition and to its subsidiary, The Mental Militia.

Claire was in The Mental Militia long before we created The Jefferson River Coalition, and she wanted to see TMM's name atop the front page here, so I went with that name instead of The Jefferson River Coalition.

So - Bottom line: This place belongs to the members here in every way except the legal liabilities which come with this kind of turf. I'll take the heat on that, and you all can just carry on as always. No single member here is required to pay anything to be a part of this community. But all members here are invited to participate in setting Ms Claire Wolfe free to embark upon her next path in life. It's an invitation. And it's an opportunity to send a message to Claire that her work has effected many people's lives in positive ways, and that we are grateful.

So your gifts to Claire can be seen as buying a ticket, as ff put it above, and they can also be seen as an overt act of liberty on Claire's behalf, and they can also be seen as something one may wish to do for oneself. The way I see it, everyone comes out looking good, and everyone gets what they would like to receive for being a member here. My thanks go out to all who would like to support Claire's move to finer fields of liberty. And I remain deeply appreciative to all the original TMM members who've weathered the years with me and are still willing to go the extra mile in keeping TMM, and now also TJRC, operating in the name of personal liberty. I am a blessed man, and I'm grateful.

And in case anyone was wondering, the answer is yes - Claire will remain a member here and she intends to drop by to visit us from time to time.

Cheers to all who've given already, and cheers to all who shall give soon, and cheers to all who would like to give but cannot afford to. And cheers to those brave souls who have demonstrated their friendship with me and their commitment to fight for liberty by helping me in this adventure. And, being the happy sort of soul I am, I also am raising my glass with cheers for those who do not want to continue on here.  Our intent is to make everyone welcome, to right previous errors in judgment which offended some, and to unite everyone's commitment to self-discovery and the passion for personal freedom which dawns on everyone who does come to know themselves in the innermost center of their hearts and souls.

Salutes with gratitude and celebration!
Elias

GreenArrow

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2007, 10:47:29 pm »

This Forum has been a wonderful place for me to laugh, learn and grow and though I am in some pretty tough financial times, I will pledge 25 FRN's to this awesome forum in exchange for the privilege of coming back here for more the same!

Do I still send my pledge to the address in Willow Creek MT?

Thanks for keeping this forum up and running all of you!!!   May it continue to open the eyes and ears of all who visit.........GA

padre29

• Cavaliere d' Onore
  • Civily Dead
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2007, 10:53:05 pm »

This Forum has been a wonderful place for me to laugh, learn and grow and though I am in some pretty tough financial times, I will pledge 25 FRN's to this awesome forum in exchange for the privilege of coming back here for more the same!

Thanks for keeping this forum up and running all of you!!!   May it continue to open the eyes and ears of all who visit.........GA

Excellent Green Arrow!

Keep in mind Green Arrow, I'm matching your contribution, so you will have given $50.
Video in Venitur

Gotblog?

GreenArrow

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2007, 11:25:19 pm »

posted by padre29:
Keep in mind Green Arrow, I'm matching your contribution, so you will have given $50. "snip"

Thanks very much padre29 !!! Let's hope more people can help out when and where they can, it is truly a worthy contribution in my book.                 
My Sincerest Regards.........GA

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 11:37:07 pm »

GreenArrow, I came up to post the following and saw that you have posted again while I was typing to you. I'll just post this anyway.

Thank you so much for your gift to Claire and for the good words. I'm glad you're here, and I'm glad you enjoy membership here. Now you can put padre29 to work on his promise, lol! Another member has PM'd me with a pledge similar to yours, so padre29 is getting in deeper now. :)

Regarding sending the payment, if you want to send cash, please use the TMM address as given on this thread. But if you want to send a check or money order, or pay by PayPal, then please use Claire's and Debra's payment system. I think it is on this thread, but I'll check to make sure and if it is not on this thread I'll post it here for you. I sure do appreciate your generosity.

Thanks again, my friend.
Salute!
Elias

GreenArrow

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 11:50:27 pm »

Elias Alias:
Thanks for the info-I will send out my pledge as soon as possible.  Semper Fi..........GA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Up