The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP Picked the Wrong State!  (Read 34713 times)

Duncan

Re: FSP Picked the Wrong State!
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2006, 01:33:14 pm »

They sure enough did pick the wrong state.

eukreign

• Anarcho-Capitalist
    • SHTF Daily
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2006, 08:38:06 pm »

They sure enough did pick the wrong state.

I moved to New Hampshire from Illinois and I'm glad I did. It's a great state and we are making it even better.
SHTF Daily - Keeping you informed of SHTF related events.

Duncan

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2006, 07:01:28 pm »

Not likely.

Too many people from Taxachusetts moved into NH long before you got there and property taxes are out of this world. The state has the monopoly the sale of booze.

This is the state that killed Carl Drago in his home and thought nothing of it.

penguinsscareme

• Keeper of the red button
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2006, 08:57:49 am »

What state doesn't have a whole bunch of strikes against it?  The fsp picked the right state for the fsp, you pick the right state for Duncan.
O Lord,
Thine Ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.

Sportos, motorheads, dweebies, wastoids...they think he's a righteous dude.

The utter waste of our $2,000,000,000 a day military-industrial machine was never demonstrated more vividly than on 9/11.

You do what works.

onlyfittin

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2006, 11:44:09 am »

Amen, Brother!

eukreign

• Anarcho-Capitalist
    • SHTF Daily
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2006, 07:12:10 pm »

Too many people from Taxachusetts moved into NH long before you got there and property taxes are out of this world. The state has the monopoly the sale of booze.

Property taxes are expensive everywhere, we need to get rid of them. As to the state run liquor stores, it's definitely a black eye for NH but you have to consider that you can still buy beer and wine at any grocery store it's only hard liquor that you can only buy at the state store. The potential upside to the state run store is that it will be a leverage in gradually legalizing marijuana by promising to only sell it at the state store. The money the state would make from this is astronomical so there is incentive for them do go for it. Once they legalize it we can work from there.

This is the state that killed Carl Drago in his home and thought nothing of it.

At least we had a Carl Drega and besides he didn't die in his home, he died fighting. There are thousands more native Carl Dregas in NH and even more are moving there as part of the Free State Project.

But you can do whatever you want Duncan, don't move to NH if you don't want to, nobody is making you.

penguinsscareme

• Keeper of the red button
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2006, 11:27:40 am »

The potential upside to the state run store is that it will be a leverage in gradually legalizing marijuana by promising to only sell it at the state store.

If that is the only way to legalize it, I'd rather keep it illegal.
O Lord,
Thine Ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.

Sportos, motorheads, dweebies, wastoids...they think he's a righteous dude.

The utter waste of our $2,000,000,000 a day military-industrial machine was never demonstrated more vividly than on 9/11.

You do what works.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2006, 04:56:03 pm »

State liscenses for Liqor, Tobbacco, and Drugs are a lever for the feds to get info from these stores.  Pay for you substance of choice with you check or credit card, the feds may now have access to that.  I do understand the need for a lever to move the government for lifting drug prohibition, a new revenue stream is the best way to do that, but there is also a need to get some other tax dropped, otherwise they will use the new cash to tighten the screws.

TO GET BACK ON TOPIC:
The main weekness of libertarians, is their freespiritedness, it is the political equivalent of ADD.  They can focus on a task and get it done, but do not have a sense of "group" enough to actually form a political party of any strength.  We are all crackpots and can work together on a goal, but given and excuse to break things up after a task is done, we do so. 

I like the Idea of the freestate projects, if nothing else it gets people concentrated in an area for mutual support after Teotwawki.  It also gives a place for those that have skills and principles, but no means, to go after Teotwawki.(I would hope they have enough sense not to arrive without their own supplies)  These will be the spare hands that will be needed to fillin the labor and skill gaps that each gulch may need, and everyone will pick and chose.  Homesteaders who are forming a freestate, or even county/town, are doing something important for the rest of us. Regardless of their differentness respect for their doing something that may help is in order.  I also view the different groups squabbling as being a problem, do not down another gulch, they may be a good trading partner later, piss them off bad enough now and be out of luck later when you need the help.  Claire made an excellent point about diluting effort to the point that nothing gets done.  Everyone must figure out exactly what they will and won't tolerate and find a group, in the area of the Freestate, that fits.  Once you find a place that fits, remain quiet about what is wrong with the other place(s), just talk about what you like about yours. 

The rest is just traffic noise and full of info and details that the feds would just love, as it will probably give the chink that allows the feds into the freestate tent.  Think about it, put the ego in the pocket, and watch what you say and thereby give away to the foe. If you think about it, accusations from one gulch to another could be used by the Govt. for a warrent, especially if it is about something really a crime.  That might have been exactly what allowed the warrents for Waco.  A lot of sheeple do not care much about a "farming commune" but get nervous about "criminals" if the authorities can prove enough for a warrent, you sudenly become a "possible" when you resist and go out in a blaze of glory the sheeple see TPTB as being justified.  Especially with the spin doctoring that will be happening.  Without a warrent, some sheep will get nervous and TPTB cannot have that, so kep the info TPTB need off the air. 
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

eukreign

• Anarcho-Capitalist
    • SHTF Daily
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2006, 08:00:03 am »

"Are you like a crazy person?" Have you ever even been to the Free State? I live here and I'm having a hard time matching what you're saying to what I'm seeing and experiencing here.

Rarick

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2006, 11:36:34 pm »

That is sure as heck what the posts you make look like. A lot of the infighting is why I selected a place near family, but meeting all the other criteria as best I can.  The posts look like there are some issues serious enough and enough info leaked, the you may already be on a list.  I am just trying to point out what some stuff is looking like,

Being called crazy in response just reinforces it.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

gardenguy

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2006, 06:03:12 am »

"Are you like a crazy person?" Have you ever even been to the Free State? I live here and I'm having a hard time matching what you're saying to what I'm seeing and experiencing here.
I was intererested in the free state project till NH, Why would I move to a place that would require me to have building inspections and fees to build on my own land? With a myriad of restrictions that I dont have in Maddison county AR? I bet I could not even have an out house in NH, The cost of land in NH is way to high for me coming from AR and not CA I dont have that $ and i would need atleast 5 acres to have my self sufficient homestead and grow enough to sell at market.

Rarick

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2006, 08:05:29 am »

There are several freestate or county projects running out west, check (serch) for other threads.  Some Wyoming stuff looks interesting, there is also action going in Montana.  There are some folks in the South west too, Arizona seems to be one that shows up.

gardenguy

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2006, 09:13:30 am »

There are several freestate or county projects running out west, check (serch) for other threads.  Some Wyoming stuff looks interesting, there is also action going in Montana.  There are some folks in the South west too, Arizona seems to be one that shows up.
I will be looking into them, I was not aware of any of them other than NH until the other day when I read this forum and your post today.Thanks

Niall

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2006, 08:31:33 pm »

Not an FSP member here, but I had to say something...

The potential upside to the state run store is that it will be a leverage in gradually legalizing marijuana by promising to only sell it at the state store.

If that is the only way to legalize it, I'd rather keep it illegal.

I don't want to see it legalized at all. I want to see it decriminalized.

Many people still don't know the difference between the two.

d_goddard

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2006, 11:52:31 pm »

Well, one of "our people" just got elected into the NH State House

So, tell me.... which of the other freedom projects have RESULTS to show?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up