The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: feralfae stuff she made  (Read 11379 times)

iloilo

Re: feralfae stuff she made
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 09:42:41 am »

I may have some mugs pix, but have no mugs left to sell or give, sorry.
If I find some mug pix, I will post them here.
I am remodeling the studio at present, will be back to producing in May, I think.
More then.
ff

gaurdduck

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 08:51:08 pm »

Nice egg thingys. Have you considered using two colors of the same clay pounded together like Damascus steel?
It is one thing I do when I use the wheel. I take one red clay and one buff and work them together in bands of
varying thickness then fold or roll a few times to get a piece of clay with a lot of layers. I use this on the wheel.
After it is bone dry, I sand it smooth to reveal the patterns and remove small defects. I'm not sure if this would
work with porcelain. I know it works with Earthenware and Stoneware. I know I have an example around here
somewhere, but it is MIA at the moment. That is what happens when you pack and clean, you forget you moved
stuff and where you moved it to. LOL

motomom

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 03:08:27 pm »

Feralfae, those really are beautiful.  I am sad that I missed out on the sale.  Please post again when you have made more lovelies. 
Never try to teach a pig to sing.  It merely wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

iloilo

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 09:21:28 pm »

Thank you, motomom, I will post here when I have more stuff done.
I am on a hiatus from the studio right now, creating health and recovery for daD, as he travels through the chemical adventure of chemo.  Before any of you who are reading this rush in to offer alternatives to chemo; we spent the last year trying many alternatives, only to be shown (by images!) that the alternatives had not even slowed the progression, so now we must make up for the year of thinking we were doing the best and healthiest course of treatment.  We carry on.

We are still doing much healthy stuff, working with a wonderful naturopath, but it was just time to get down to the serious business of getting this stuff cured.  Right now. Period.
After that, back to the studio.
ff
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up