The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Timidly, a few pics...  (Read 17363 times)

Junker

Re: Timidly, a few pics...
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 05:20:41 pm »

:-) Yay :-)

A master-smithy, wise in the ways of man...thanks, Elias, for beauty and truth.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 09:55:03 am »

Elias,

It's a pleasure to see more of your amazing work. Keep those pix coming -- and don't feel a need to be timid! Some of us "make jewelry" in the sense of stringing beads together. You "make jewelry" in the sense of making real art.

Thank you so much, Claire. I'm honored. But there is one thing I would say - I cannot, if my life depended upon it, string beads together! LOL! Methinketh that a good stringer is as much an artist as I would aspire to be. That said, I acknowledge that wax modeling by hand is a bit of a challenge for the bead-stringer, and stringing is a bit of a challenge for a wax carver/caster.

I have the additional pleasure of being a recipient of one of Elias's lovely pieces -- a bit simpler than those he put on line, but elegantly beautiful. And as it happened, he chose a stone that had special significance for me, even without knowing about the thing in my past that made it so.

Heh! Yes, Claire, that was quite a surprise for me to learn that what I had selected to present to you was something with a built-in history in your personal past. I had no idea at the time, and it was very rewarding to me personally when you shared your story about why the gift was a special thing to you personally. It's so nice - the way synchronicity works behind the scenes sometimes to make subtle connections in "real life". It is as if some greater entityhood arranged the idea in my mind without explaining to me beforehand just why I was inspired to offer you that particular "stone". Life has its beautiful moments, yes? :)

I'm so glad to see you working on your art again, General. But I admit I do have trouble associating such subtle beauties with your crusty and unsubtle self!  :laugh:

Ah, yes Claire. I'm a bit of "a walking contradiction", to borrow a phrase from Kris Kristopherson.  In my crazed and creative approach to life on planet earth, I've cultivated a passion for life which includes not only a sensitivity for work techniques which produce beauty (like that brush stroke you've mentioned on another thread), but also have cultivated a magnificent RAGE against the injustice and cruelty which exists sometimes between peoples in our political lives. I seem to have to balance many - sometimes contradictory - facets on this gem we call life.... But surely, Claire - you've noticed that I'm much better behaved than I used to be, eh? :)

I'm very pleased that you approve of the work. Thank you.

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 10:24:16 am »

The old wise one, especially... Gods, man... ONE DROP AT A TIME??!??!?!? That's dedication, man. you deserve all the praise and all the market recognition you can get... Good work. If ever I scrape together enough expendable FRNs that I can get jewlery, I know where I'm coming. Probably for an engagement ring, to take the place of the one we currently "use" (her mom's kinda using it now. ;) )

Thank you, Myrkul. Yes, one drop of wax at a time. I use PKT wax placers and an alcohol wick lamp and Moyco hard sheet wax which is a horribly dead-looking grain-less pink color. I'll be putting up some wax carving pics very quickly, especially since you have grokked the true nature of the "drop-by-drop" technique I use - you've got me now thinking about putting up the wax photos before getting to the diamond jewelry pics. More on the wax droplets laters...

I would be honored to create your engagement ring. :)

Salute!
Elias

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 10:29:03 am »

WOW Elias, nicely done. You should definitely find time to go back to work on your art !

Heh! You're right, Wyomiles - this business of startin' Revolutions don't pay doodly! :)

I'm workin' on it - on getting back to my art - thanks to Basil.

Salute!
Elias

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 10:30:32 am »

:-) Yay :-)

A master-smithy, wise in the ways of man...thanks, Elias, for beauty and truth.

And I thank you, Good Sir! :)

Brothers in art and the mental revolution, eh?

Salute!
Elias

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 12:40:57 pm »

Well, I finally did get up a couple of pages of wax models for jewelry-sculpture designs...

Bottom two links, here:

http://www.thejeffersonrivergazette.com/Designs_by_Elias_Alias.htm

Thank you all for viewing!

Salute!
Elias

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 01:20:41 pm »

Well, I finally did get up a couple of pages of wax models for jewelry-sculpture designs...

Bottom two links, here:

http://www.thejeffersonrivergazette.com/Designs_by_Elias_Alias.htm

Thank you all for viewing!

Salute!
Elias

Awesome stuff. It brings to mind my friend who died inĀ  august 2001 about whom I posted to the old forum a lengthy euology and for whose loss I broke down and cried the whole time I was writing it. Elias, I know you will remember that post. His most common motif was endangered species. I never could afford any of his work, but another friend had a fairly large collection.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 01:32:48 pm »

Once again, you sure have nothing to be timid about, Elias! You're a master. What a shame that you don't have photos of all these finished pieces. But even without them, your talent shines through and it's easy to imagine how happy the completed works must have made people.

Hard to imagine you not creating art for the last eight years. Have you channeled all that creative passion into your freedom agitating?

Can't wait to see what comes next.

Claire
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2008, 12:23:19 am »

Mighty nice work there Elias....mighty nice indeed....

Heh! You're right, Wyomiles - this business of startin' Revolutions don't pay doodly!

Yeah...........it don't pay doodly, and can cost one dearly......
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 10:50:10 pm »

Hard to imagine you not creating art for the last eight years. Have you channeled all that creative passion into your freedom agitating?

Can't wait to see what comes next.

Claire

Thank you, Claire, for the flowers....

I am presently on the cusp of a seven-year cycle, in one way of seeing myself. What the past eight years have revealed to me is that I closed my retail jewelry store a year too soon. Had I planned the closing of that store more carefully, I could have set myself up much better here to fight for liberty. Alas, however, I closed it before I arranged for the financing I would later (here in Montana) realize could greatly facilitate my liberty work.

But now that I'm approaching a new era in my aging life, I've realized that I need some money to finance the projects I'd most dearly love to execute for liberty. Therefore, with a little help from loyal friends, I'm preparing to go back into design work and make the money myself. I do not like "money". My view on "wealth" has always been that wealth is a spiritual completion within the soul and has nothing whatsoever to do with money. Money is a lubricant which is very useful in today's lost world, and I intend to use whatever talent life has granted me to muster enough money to get my liberty projects launched properly. It is my life, my passion, and my self-appointed duty. It is also my fulfillment and the work of my soul. I'll do what I must to share the light of liberty.

Besides, I've missed the enjoyment of creating jewels all these years. I'm looking forward to creating many new designs, and if I'm successful at that, I'll be able to buy a camera to photograph the pieces as they are created. You know now some things I'm not ready to announce publicly, so I'll simply say here for readers that I'm making good progress toward reviving my jewelry-making activities and hope to have new photos of new pieces by early summer. I hope they'll be received as well as y'all have received the few pics of my older works.....

Salute!
Elias

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 03:09:38 am »

I do not like "money". My view on "wealth" has always been that wealth is a spiritual completion within the soul and has nothing whatsoever to do with money. Money is a lubricant which is very useful in today's lost world, and I intend to use whatever talent life has granted me to muster enough money to get my liberty projects launched properly. It is my life, my passion, and my self-appointed duty. It is also my fulfillment and the work of my soul. I'll do what I must to share the light of liberty.

Oh man...

Sometimes I envy some of the folks that I encounter in here that seem to just have a knack,  more so than I do at least,  for stringing words together to express some particular point concisely and clearly.  And,  not to want to 'jack the thread or anything nor do I mean to belittle the rest of what's been written here,  but that bit that I quoted above pretty well nails _exactly_ some thinking I've been doing lately,  and touches on stuff that's been a bit of a hassle for me at times.  And I'm sure some others.

I was thinking about starting a thread,  and that paragraph there will probably show up at the beginning of it.  Dunno if I'll get to it this session,  since I've still got a few pages worth of "unread" to get to before I'd want to,  and will probably be too burned out by then,  but look for it sometime soon.
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 12:55:04 pm »

Thanks, Roy. I'll look forward to seeing that thread! It could be a good one!

Salute!
Elias

Hollywoodgold

• You can trust them to be them...
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 08:09:00 pm »

Elias:

When is select the link it takes me to a generic site. I have attached a screen shot of the site I am sent to. Can you help with this?

BR/DS

"Democracy must be something more than
two wolves and a sheep voting on what to
have for dinner."

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2008, 02:49:41 am »

When is select the link it takes me to a generic site. I have attached a screen shot of the site I am sent to. Can you help with this?

The Jefferson River Gazette moved a few months ago to http://jeffersonrivercoalition.com/ . Elias' photos are at http://jeffersonrivercoalition.com/Designs_by_Elias_Alias.htm
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Hollywoodgold

• You can trust them to be them...
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 09:47:31 am »

The Jefferson River Gazette moved a few months ago to http://jeffersonrivercoalition.com/ . Elias' photos are at http://jeffersonrivercoalition.com/Designs_by_Elias_Alias.htm

Bill:

Thanks very much.

BR/DS
"Democracy must be something more than
two wolves and a sheep voting on what to
have for dinner."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up