The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Fully Informed Jurors!  (Read 92420 times)

iloilo

Re: Fully Informed Jurors!
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2008, 02:25:04 pm »

vonu, of course there is no way you could know of strategies used by FIJA, either for the new 2A or the body borchure, but let me assure you that there have been some interesting and fruitful events going on.
ff

vonuvan

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2008, 02:28:19 pm »

vonu, of course there is no way you could know of strategies used by FIJA, either for the new 2A or the body borchure, but let me assure you that there have been some interesting and fruitful events going on.
ff

Why, did FIJA go underground when Larry left?:-)

iloilo

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2008, 02:30:49 pm »

Not at all, why do you ask?
ff

vonuvan

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2008, 02:33:22 pm »

Not at all, why do you ask?
ff

What did you mean by, "there is no way you could know of strategies used by FIJA."

iloilo

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2008, 02:35:21 pm »

Unless you are an activist, member, subscriber, or privy to some of the work done behind the scenes, especially in gun cases, there is no way you would know about a lot that goes on with FIJA's efforts.  Are you on our mailing list, do you visit the web site regularly, do you read the newsletters?
Press releases?
How would you know?
ff

vonuvan

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2008, 02:45:52 pm »

Unless you are an activist, member, subscriber, or privy to some of the work done behind the scenes, especially in gun cases, there is no way you would know about a lot that goes on with FIJA's efforts.  Are you on our mailing list, do you visit the web site regularly, do you read the newsletters?
Press releases?
How would you know?
ff

Nope, all I ever did was pass out literature and send money, when Larry was there.
After that, I got involved in approaches that seemed to offer more utility as far as my personal liberty was concerned.
Education is the best approach, across the board, to spend the philosophy of liberty. IMHO, liberty marketers have done an ineffectual job of using new technologies.
The only strategy I've used since I bailed out of the CLP is one on one. It's the only one I've found to be cost effective.

iloilo

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2008, 09:43:59 pm »

Of course: it could not have been otherwise.
It's all a show these days, designed and scripted by the actors, their press and their sycophants, to uphold their frayed and decomposing  illusions of power.
As the people continue to figure that out, the show will become both more amusing and more violent.
And that will wake up more people than ever.
Sic semper tyrannis

That is why we must keep teaching.

So I pray. So I believe.
ff

A quote above my desk:

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn."

On Jul 17, 2008, at 7:17 PM, Mike Kemp wrote:

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=74036&catid=158

is it even necessary to say 'tole ya so'?
Mike

iloilo

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2008, 01:49:07 pm »

Thought I'd paste this over here....

Vonu wrote:
I'd like to see FIJA include grand jurors, because we could fix a lot of this country's problems if we would just start passing informations onto grand juries, which are required to rule on everything, in most states.

If you visit our web site, you will see a piece on Grand Jurors there on the front page: we have distributed more than 10,000 of these, and have had some superbly fantastic successes with grand juries, which you could read about in the newsletters, which are also on line.
ff

vonuvan

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2008, 03:37:04 pm »

Thought I'd paste this over here....

Vonu wrote:
I'd like to see FIJA include grand jurors, because we could fix a lot of this country's problems if we would just start passing informations onto grand juries, which are required to rule on everything, in most states.

If you visit our web site, you will see a piece on Grand Jurors there on the front page: we have distributed more than 10,000 of these, and have had some superbly fantastic successes with grand juries, which you could read about in the newsletters, which are also on line.
ff

Just like the snake that would get me, I missed that because I went by the framed content, which I've only recently learned to live with:-) Very good content from the legal point of view, might cause the lay eye to gloss. I'm not as interested in the education of grand jurors as in the public at large, which seems to ignore the value in 7A, which, properly used, could eradicate the corruption endemic in all three branches. I doubt that half of our citizens have any idea what a grand jury is.

iloilo

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2008, 04:32:10 pm »

We have had very good success with getting Grand Jurors educated, after which they often refuse to indict in cases where there is obviously no actual crime.  It is great to sometimes hear about it when it happens.
Thank you for all your interest!
ff

iloilo

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2008, 09:03:32 pm »

NH Jury Education
Nice comments, cool video!
bff

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=54.0

Junker

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2008, 02:18:08 pm »

LRC:

'Rogues' and Humpty Dumpty Judges by Thomas R. Eddlem

Note: U.S. District Court Judge William G. Young labeled me a "rogue" juror in
    a 43-page court memorandum issued July 25th. I’ve corrected them on my blog.

During jury service earlier this year I sat in a judge’s robing chambers and
    was asked to take an oath that I expect no juror in American history was ever
    asked to take before or since:

"Would you be able to set aside your own reading of the Constitution, the
    judge’s past instructions, and judge the facts based solely upon the
    judge’s explanation of the law?"

The judge, U.S. District Court Judge William G. Young took 43-pages in
    a court memorandum last month to call me a "rogue" for not taking this
    unusual oath.

iloilo

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2008, 08:13:46 pm »

This piece is highly entertaining to me, having corresponded with Mr. Eddlem, who stand by his convictions that jurors should not render a verdict based on conscience, but must follow the Constitution. 

He means very well, but refuses to acknowledge his individual human right and responsibility to render a verdict based on conscience. 
ff

Junker

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2008, 10:00:03 pm »

I though you might be able to tell us something. LRC is fairly good exposure.
Thank you.

iloilo

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2008, 12:44:10 pm »

Here is a new talk
You can go through the first speaker to get to my part.  It is the top interview listed, I think, but you will see

Fully Informed Jury Association

http://www.aunetwork.tv/

ff
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up