The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Fully Informed Jurors!  (Read 92557 times)

OLD TIRED RN

Re: Fully Informed Jurors!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 09:47:13 pm »

Fae, I truly do appreciate you and your organization.  It takes a lot to take on such a "fixed" system these days.  The people like you and the FIJA folks really do rank very high up there on my "patriot meter."  God bless you and all the fine folks over there.

Respectfullly,  RN
When freedom fails, the best men rot in filthy jails, and they who cry APEASE APEASE are hanged by those who they tried to please.

iloilo

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 07:41:38 am »

Fae, I truly do appreciate you and your organization.  It takes a lot to take on such a "fixed" system these days.  The people like you and the FIJA folks really do rank very high up there on my "patriot meter."  God bless you and all the fine folks over there.

Respectfullly,  RN

Thank you for the kind words.   ^_^
ff

iloilo

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 07:42:39 am »

Superb article by Alex Knight on Strike the Root, and he mentions FIJA.   :laugh:

http://www.strike-the-root.com/81/knight/knight1.html

Junker

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 06:12:59 pm »

And he writes various pro-freedom pieces...nice.

Alex R. Knight III - writer, fiction & op-ed

at American Chronicle
at Strike-the-Root

iloilo

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 09:55:19 pm »

FYI!!
Show up!
Be there!
ff

Linked Events
FIJA wookiee Manchester: February 19, 2008
Pages: [1]   Go Down   
« previous next »
    Reply  |  Notify  |  Mark unread  |  Send this topic  |  Print   
   Author   Topic: Juror's Rights Wookiee to demonstrate outside courthouse 2/19  (Read 27 times)
DadaOrwell
Opponent, not an
Enemy of the State

[applaud] [smite]

Juror's Rights Wookiee to demonstrate outside courthouse 2/19
« on: Yesterday at 03:14 PM »
OK... as it stands currently, Juror's Rights Wookiee will be active, in Manchester Feb 19.

What:  Fully informed jury event featuring Juror's Rights Wookie
Where:  Sidewalk outside Hillsborough Superior Court, 300 Chestnut Street, Manchester New Hampshire
When:  Tue Feb 19  7:45 am. - 8:45 a.m.
Why:  Inform prospective jurors of their right to nullify, to judge the law as well as the facts of a case

I do not need a big crowd just a couple people to videotape and pass out leaflets.  This is the day and time when prospective jurors enter the building in good numbers.   Ideally, it would be nice to have something like this every two weeks at the courthouse; they do jury selection every two weeks.   But I won't always be available.

So I would like like to request volunteers who can wear the wookiee costume or otherwise carry out these FIJA demonstrations when I'm unavailable. 

For now I'm thinking my sign will read:

Jurors may
Judge the Law
FIJA.org

with a smaller quote reading

""It is not only (a juror's) right but also his duty… to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment, and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court."
  - President John Adams
Report to moderator    Logged
The Revolution is now Televised
http://RidleyReport.com

Junker

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »

LRC:

They’ve Ironed the Wrinkle Out of the Jury

I’m the wrinkle, and I was ejected from a deliberating federal jury on March 13.
    The case was
United States v. Robert Luisi, and I was thrown out because
I refused to take a second oath of jury service that would have required that I
suspend my common sense, and even suspend my belief in an objective reality.
This second oath would literally have bound me to find the defendant guilty if
the judge had instructed me that "the law says all Italians are guilty." (Luisi is of
Italian heritage.)
[/list]

iloilo

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 03:39:46 pm »

Nullification in West Texas: Jury Deliberates 11 Minutes and Returns Not Guilty Verdict
http://fija.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=402

Thank you Mama Liberty for the post.   :wub:
ff

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 04:22:12 pm »

And thanks for posting it here! I'll remember to put things both places next time... I hope. <G>
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 04:23:58 pm »

SWEET! :thumbsup:
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

Junker

We will vote to acquit. - Fully Informed Jurors!
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 01:17:32 pm »

LRC:

The Other Civil War

by Keith Preston

Time, March 25, 2008:

"But this is what we can do—and what we will do.

"If asked to serve on a jury deliberating a violation of state or federal drug laws, we will vote to acquit, regardless of the evidence presented. Save for a prosecution in which acts of violence or intended violence are alleged, we will—to borrow Justice Harry Blackmun's manifesto against the death penalty—no longer tinker with the machinery of the drug war. No longer can we collaborate with a government that uses nonviolent drug offenses to fill prisons with its poorest, most damaged and most desperate citizens.

"Jury nullification is American dissent, as old and as heralded as the 1735 trial of John Peter Zenger, who was acquitted of seditious libel against the royal governor of New York, and absent a government capable of repairing injustices, it is legitimate protest. If some few episodes of a television entertainment have caused others to reflect on the war zones we have created in our cities and the human beings stranded there, we ask that those people might also consider their conscience. And when the lawyers or the judge or your fellow jurors seek explanation, think for a moment on Bubbles or Bodie or Wallace. And remember that the lives being held in the balance aren't fictional."
    [/list]

We will vote to acquit.

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
    • Administrator
    « Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 11:43:44 pm »

I'm currently reading (in my spare time) The Underground Lawyer (yes, that's a link) by Michael Minns (thanks feralfae). Here's the last paragraph on page 50 from chapter II THE AMERICAN JURY.
    The concept of trial by jury emerged in the Athenian city-states as the culmination of thousands of years of legal evolution. It continued to progress through the Germanic enlightenment to the English Great Charter and reached its climax with the adoption of the U.S. Constitution and its Bill of Rights. Each step of the way, however, government intruded and slowed this progress toward human liberty. Liberty is, and always has been, the enemy of government power and the enemy of democratic tyranny. Ideally, the jury protects citizens against government. Appellate review protects against juror injustices (the majority telling a minority what to do). The ideal is still a visionary dream. We can either start approaching it again, or backslide.
    The Mayor is the Problem
    The flagpole is the answer
    We hung the first one
    We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
    You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

iloilo

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 11:55:53 pm »

Ron Paul, Jury Nullification and FIJA up on YouTube !!!

Juries have the power to nullify laws that they feel are unconstitutional.  Never shirk your responsiblity if you are asked to be on a jury.

"Jury Nullification" is the power of the Jury to overturn bad laws (of which, we have MANY) It is an important tool guaranteed to citizens serving on jury duty Jury nullification enables us to declare laws unjust, if we are so inclined
    Learn more by watching this clip from 1990:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4GKG__B-s

Part 2:  VERY IMPORTANT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRdse8zBzyI

Part 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbw8rF_hA9I

Most Judges do not want you to know about this power Juries are only told they can rule "guilty" or "not guilty" They are never told of their third option, "the law is bad"

Shame on bad Judges covering up this power and the corrupt system which allow these arrogant Judges to remain on the bench

Learn your rights and DO NOT try to get out of jury duty

As citizens we only have two real powers to keep the Gov't in check:
    1) The power to vote
    2) The power of the jury

Your rights: Use them or loose them With rumors of the American Bar Association working to eliminate juries in the future And with the PROVEN vulnerability of the electronic voting machines, what voice will we have left?

Pagan

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 04:11:02 am »

Learn your rights and DO NOT try to get out of jury duty

1) The power to vote
    2) The power of the jury

Unfortunately that leaves some of us in a quandary.

I strongly believe in jury nullification. (In truth I believe in nullifying most every law.) I also strongly believe in not voting. In my county I won’t be picked for jury duty UNLESS I’m registered to vote – so there’s no chance of ever being on a jury.

In addition, those of us who wish to “lie low” don’t want to call attention to ourselves before the legal system, the community and the media by being on a jury in the first place – or by registering for anything.

So what’s left for us within those two [legal] powers to keep the Government in check?

What I’m asking is: where do free market anarchists fit into this system at all? If we’re not left alone, what recourse do we have? If we aren’t citizens on principle, we have no home. My rights lie within me, not within my citizenry.

I’m not trying to argue with you, feralfae, but your words bother me. Obviously you are a minarchist; I am not – and never the twain shall meet. To do so, I am the one who would compromise.

It may be accurate for you to say: 
    1) The power to vote
    2) The power of the jury

BUT:

Unfortunately that leaves some of us in a quandary.

iloilo

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 08:23:40 am »

Pagan,
    network and spread the word
    hand out literature
    talk to people
    share ideas as you do so beautifully here and I am sure elsewhere
    move to Montana and join us in pushing forward for freedom
    move to Wyoming or New Hampshire
    If you need or want to keep your head down, it is your life, after all.
    If you can't serve on juries, hand out FIJA literature one day a month around the courthouse or anywhere.
    Be at peace with the life you choose, and find more ways to monkeywrench from where you are.
    Have fun.
    Live free.
    ff

Pagan

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 09:19:44 am »

Thank you for an understanding reply.

Several of those items I do or are on my list to do (including handing out FIJA literature!), and am working hard for a couple of others.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up