The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: If you made a Ron Paul blimp pledge  (Read 9783 times)

NuclearDruid

If you made a Ron Paul blimp pledge
« on: December 06, 2007, 01:20:42 pm »

... Lyman is calling them in.

Grim Lyman Fights on to Save Ron Paul Blimp

Lyman's "Google" facility - on the blimp site - does work but may take several tries, and not everyone who wants to donate is persistent. A credit card facility is still in the works. Another way to pay is by wire. Those who have not redeemed their pledges should likely do so soon.

The blimp effort needs cash fast. It seemed to have raised over $400,000 but those who oppose Ron Paul may have made false pledges in an effort to derail the Ron Paul blimp project. It may even have been a concerted campaign, of some sort, some sources speculate. Funds must be returned if the blimp doesn't fly – and this is another reason why Lyman and others have not touched a penny to date. An important, free-market fund-raising opportunity may soon be lost, sources say.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

NuclearDruid

Re: If you made a Ron Paul blimp pledge
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 09:17:08 am »

Update:

Christmas Miracle? Ron Paul Blimp Close to Take Off UPDATE 1

Only yesterday, an innovative marketing vision supporting the presidential campaign of Ron Paul (R-Tex) was losing altitude faster than the notorious and tragic Hindenburg blimp. The grand vision of a vast hot-air balloon hovering over the Super Bowl asking the Randian question, “Who Is Ron Paul,” was seemingly deflated, a victim of unfilled pledges and generally slow fund-raising.

Twenty four hours can change a lot. Today, Friday morning (EST) with nearly $190,000 in actual donations, and more money regularly pouring in to www.RonPaulBlimp.com, it looks as if the vision of Trevor Lyman and his associates will soon achieve some sort of take off.

Oh, and just to spice things up I thought I'd include a comment from this piece. It's the Thing That's Gonna Make Ron Paul and His Magic Campaign Fat!

Fluffy | December 7, 2007, 9:43am | #

I half-ignored the blimp talk, because I thought the blimp was a waste of money relative to buying radio or TV time independently, and I thought it gave Wonkette too many opportunities to make fun of Ron Paul.

But adding the "F**k you FEC! Come and get us, motherf**kers!" element to the blimp makes this damn near a revolutionary act.

It would have been TRULY revolutionary to simply ignore the FEC altogether. But inventing a form of organization designed to make them irrelevant, and bury their bureaucracy in paper while doing it, is a nice second best.

(Disclosure: I did ** the four-letter word in case any minors are lurking.) :rolleyes:

ND
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 09:22:55 am by NuclearDruid »
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Junker

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 01:47:54 pm »

T** C**l, ND.

What a fun happening this RonPaul thing is becoming.

Let Revolutionary Acts abound, around and around the RonPaul ground.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:18:50 am »

What's the latest ?

Is it going to make it's flight ?

Do I need sell something to send in my $10 ?

Gone to RonPaulBlimp.com  ........
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 11:05:43 am by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Thunder

• Go away, boy! Ya bother me! -Foghorn Leghorn
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 04:18:58 pm »

Stopped by to see the blimp.

I saw 'a' blimp, but I'm hoping it's not Ron's blimp.  It had no ads on it at all.  There is a huge blimp hangar about a hundred yards from where I took a picture with my camera phone.  I'm going to assume (hope) that Ron's blimp was inside getting prepped.  Was tempted to see if I could ask somebody in an attempt to get info, but with the private property signs, I decided to stay on public roads.
Thunder[/color][/font]

There are times, sir, when men of good conscience cannot blindly follow orders.  -Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Wars will cease when people start loving their children more than they love the government.

People use the term 'chaos' only when they can't see far enough to view the big picture.   -Deepak Chopra

There are no illegal guns, only illegal gun laws.

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 04:42:18 pm »

What's the latest ?

Supposed to take off tomorrow, Monday, December 10 (as gooch probably already found out).  :mellow:

http://ronpaulblimp.com/FlightPlan.php

(Hi, Thunder. Nice to see you here again. Hope you'll post if you see the real RP blimp anywhere in your area. Pix would be fantastic.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 04:45:05 pm by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Thunder

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 08:20:59 pm »

Actually, the launch has been pushed out to Tuesday, possibly Wednesday.  Not sure why, but I'm thinking it's due to weather.  Calling for some showers between Elizabeth City, NC and DC.  Only reason I can think of at the moment.

I've got 4 hours of time I have to take off between now and the end of the year, in addition to the time I've already scheduled.  Was planning to attend the launch, but it makes it difficult with them constantly pushing the date out.

Nice to see Ron Paul's blimp taking flight so close to the birthplace of flight.  (Sorry, Ohio.  You were home to the conception, not the birth...) 

Thunder[/color][/font]

There are times, sir, when men of good conscience cannot blindly follow orders.  -Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Wars will cease when people start loving their children more than they love the government.

People use the term 'chaos' only when they can't see far enough to view the big picture.   -Deepak Chopra

da gooch

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 04:37:18 pm »

What's the latest ?

Supposed to take off tomorrow, Monday, December 10 (as gooch probably already found out).  :mellow:

http://ronpaulblimp.com/FlightPlan.php

(Hi, Thunder. Nice to see you here again. Hope you'll post if you see the real RP blimp anywhere in your area. Pix would be fantastic.)

Yep I saw the new Flight Plan page.  Too Cool.

I don't Do Google.  Does anybody have an address where I can send a MO to the ronpaulblimp Company ?

Hey Thunder      Welcome Home Back   :rolleyes:

III

NuclearDruid

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 11:20:45 am »

Update:

Updated: Wednesday, December 12

The "Who Is Ron Paul?" banner is now on the BLIMP!

We will be posting pictures of the banner installation soon, so stay tuned.

The second banner is scheduled to arrive late on Thursday, Dec 13th, and will be installed during the night in order to be on schedule for the inaugural launch on Friday morning, Dec 14th, from Elizabeth City, NC.

The exact location of the inaugural launch will be released Thursday afternoon so that Ron Paul supporters will be able make travel plans to attend.

ND

Thunder

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 05:09:38 am »

Met Trevor Lyman and Elijah the other day.  Nice people.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to attend the launch due to work.  Blimp is not going to Boston due to weather concerns.  A blimp is neutrally buoyant, so a load of snow on top could cause it to flip over.  Look for it in Columbia, SC on the 16th, weather permitting.

The Ron Paul Blimp is scheduled for it's inaugural launch on Friday, Dec. 14, at approximately 8AM! The hangar gates are to open as early as 6AM, when the crew will be going through pre-flight checks.

Blimp Location: Airship Management Services, 161 Tcom Drive, Elizabeth City, NC (see Google Map below).

Airship Management Services has graciously provided a large grassy area for the Ron Paul Blimp Inaugural Launch Rally with a perfect view of the airfield. There have already been Ron Paul supporters gathering who have set up a various assortment of tents for camping!

Upon arrival, park across from the AMS blue building on the right where you'll see gas pumps -- please do not block fueling access.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT APPROACH HANGAR! It is a restricted area -- NO EXCEPTIONS!

12/14/07 (Friday)

6:30 open the gates
8:00 am launch - Elizabeth City, NC
12:00 noon - Raleigh, NC (fly through, north of city)
3:00 pm - Greensboro, NC (fly through, north of city)
6:00 pm - Arrive 20 miles outside of Charlotte
6:30 to 7:00 pm landing time–the blimp will overnight at Chester Airport
12/15/07 (Saturday)

Exposure flights over TBD sites in SC. If the weather behaves those could include Charlotte, Greensville, and more
12/16/07 (Sunday)

In Columbia, SC area for Tea Party. If the weather is good there will be flyovers and media flights.
Thunder[/color][/font]

Thunder

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 09:16:52 am »

We have liftoff at 8:59am EST
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 09:23:52 am by Thunder »
Thunder[/color][/font]

da gooch

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 10:35:53 am »

YEE-HAW

The message of Liberty and Freedom flies abroad at last ....

Hoping that all who see her are liberated ....

{removes Pollyanna hat and places it over his heart ...} :tinfoil:

I'm still looking for an address to send my tiny bit to help the operating fund ?
I'm not opening a Google account for one transaction ....
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 10:37:56 am by gooch »

III

Thunder

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 02:43:50 pm »

The website does have info for wire transfers....
Thunder[/color][/font]

NuclearDruid

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 06:19:13 pm »

Up, up, and away!

Cool picture can be seen at this site: New Ron Paul ad: More than just hot air

Make sure that you click the enlarge button on the thumbnail.

ND
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 06:23:10 pm by NuclearDruid »

da gooch

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 07:14:48 pm »

The website does have info for wire transfers....

I send them $10 of copper wire which they then sell and collect the $10 ?

I'll go look.  Without looking I'm guessing Western Union ?

Back later.

It seems that their purchase links are down at present.
I did send an inquiry to their email.  I Hope to be in touch soon.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:35:31 pm by gooch »

III
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up