The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lakota Sioux Secede from U.S.  (Read 15920 times)

iloilo

Re: Lakota Sioux Secede from U.S.
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 07:19:06 pm »

Agreed: see above post: It will be a good day in this galaxy.....

I know I am totally competent to entirely represent myself.  If I want to grant or hire anyone to serve as my agent (to plan a trip, buy a car or run a web site, whatever) we'd better have a contract which we have both personally and individually signed, preferably before witnesses.

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
Re: Lakota Sioux Secede from U.S.
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 12:23:53 am »

I'm not sure of the order of things,  just know that there _was_ a "none of the above" in there somewhere,  which sounds like a good option to me.

Of course,  if you look at what discussion has gone on about that possibility,  too many of them folks that are talking about it all seem to be saying that if that option did get selected some time,  that it would mean that particular election was invalidated and would have to be done over,  until *somebody* got picked.  Not my ideal solution,  there,  and of course the politician-wannabees ain't gonna give us a "none of the above" choice _and_ a "leave the damn office vacant this term" both.
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up