The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Self Made Man" and other work by Bobbie Carlyle  (Read 3847 times)

Anduril

• Shunned
  • Somewhere, over the Rainbow...
"Self Made Man" and other work by Bobbie Carlyle
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:17:06 am »

The Noldor, the Elven jewel-smiths of Eregion, are among my favourite heroes in Tolkien's Legendarium, chief among them Celebrimbor, who led the team that conceived, designed and executed the nineteen Rings of Power by which the Elves hoped to perfect their world. A dangerous enterprise indeed, as Gandalf noted at the time.

I happened upon this work by Bobbie Carlyle which I hope will inspire you.

Thank you all for your work, which inspires me.

Anduril
ANDURIL   (Qu?: 'west-brilliance')  The sword of Aragorn II, reforged from the shards of Narsil (itself originally forged by Telchar of Novgrod), by elven-smiths in Rivendell in TA 3018.  On its blade a design of seven stars (for Elendil) between a crescent moon (for Isildur) and a rayed sun (for Anarion), as well as many runes.  Because of its heritage and its bearer, and because of its great brightness, Anduril quickly became a famous weapon.

Anduril

• Shunned
  • Somewhere, over the Rainbow...
Re: "Self Made Man" and other work by Bobbie Carlyle
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:19:51 am »

Here's the link:

http://www.bobbiecarlylesculpture.com/selfMadeMan.php

Anduril
ANDURIL   (Qu?: 'west-brilliance')  The sword of Aragorn II, reforged from the shards of Narsil (itself originally forged by Telchar of Novgrod), by elven-smiths in Rivendell in TA 3018.  On its blade a design of seven stars (for Elendil) between a crescent moon (for Isildur) and a rayed sun (for Anarion), as well as many runes.  Because of its heritage and its bearer, and because of its great brightness, Anduril quickly became a famous weapon.

Junker

Re: "Self Made Man" and other work by Bobbie Carlyle
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:10:18 pm »

Nice it is.
I d/l-ed the photo at first sight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up