The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Paul supporters: Second choices?  (Read 6632 times)

Kregener

Re: Paul supporters: Second choices?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 09:04:47 pm »

I will write in Ron Paul, as I have TWICE in the past.

1992 in the Bush v.1/Clinton dog-n-pony show
1996 in the Clinton/Dole idiocy

I did not...."vote"....in the 2000 or the 2004 propaganda hootenannies, and would not be doing so now if Ron paul was not in it.
"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge.

Don't push me, and I won't push you."

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 09:43:08 pm »

"Non of the above" would have to be my choice, as I have quit voting for the lesser of the evils. Only Ron Paul made me come out of my shell.

I'm with Tahn. I don't have a problem voting third party. I voted Green during the last Gubernatorial election because the only difference between a Chicago Republican and a Chicago Democrat is which side of the Daley machine they are married into.

Ditto

I'll vote for or write in Ron Paul and then quit wasting my energy on the whole useless system.
Although Pat Paulsen and Yosemite Sam both epitomize the "leave me alone" platform fairly well.

"The ship is sinking and the question is = should we bail with a strainer spoon or a sieve ? Hmm ....
L. Capitan"

"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

khagler

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:45:51 pm »

I won't advocate initiation of force, and so I won't vote for a candidate who would initiate force or advocate initiating force. Therefore, I'm not planning on voting for any of the candidates I know of--including Ron Paul. (People who are pregnant and don't want to be, are born in another country, or whose parents were born in another country are still people.)

Bennie

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 02:13:14 am »

Quit voting after '96. I got a voter card last month so I can vote for Paul and will do so in the primary. Unless he is the chosen one by the republicans, or goes 3rd party, then I will shred the voter card.

There is no second choice for me. 

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 06:57:43 am »

The question was never "Who would you vote for?"

The question is, "Since you're going to get stuck with some damn president whether you want one or not, which of the current runners makes you gag the least?"
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 07:45:05 am »

OK. I'll bite. Obama is the only guy whose voice doesn't cause me serious mental distress. If Hitlary gets elected, and I ever see her on my television, I may need to buy a new television. Fortunately, it doesn't look likely that Hitler on the Hudson (Giuliani) is going to get the republican nod. He would pose a similar threat to my television. I'd actually prefer Bill Clinton again to all of them. You can't trust a word that comes out of his mouth, but boy is he a joy to listen to. Satan's good like that, too, I've heard.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 08:51:03 am »

None, zilch, nada, no way....

My Open Letter To Ron Paul Supporters: http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/08/01/07/editor.htm
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 09:46:41 am »

Pardon my misunderstanding of the question Claire.

If the Republicans could control Congress, I would agree with you, Obama would be the one.

Since its looks like the Democrats will remain, I would prefer a Republican President. Let's see, who is the least evil of the Repubs, well let's see, er, how about, no, Romney ? , oh jeez, this is too hard.

Really, "the best" would be a republican Congress with Obama President, but it is not going to happen, probably.
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

Apple

• Strangely Attractive
  • Play the Game
    • Weapons of Mass Enlightenment
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 09:51:46 am »

If Hitlary gets elected, and I ever see her on my television, I may need to buy a new television.

Why even bother? Do you need it that much?

The question is, "Since you're going to get stuck with some damn president whether you want one or not, which of the current runners makes you gag the least?"

The answer, at least by some, seems to be, "I don't even want to think about it."

As for me, well, I won't be voting, not even for Ron Paul. Even though the US government projects it power far across its borders, interfering with the lives of billions, and spying on even more, they won't allow us to vote. Oh well.
 —Well? Shall we go?
 —Yes, let's go.
[Stage directive: they do not move.]

(last lines of “Waiting for Godot”)

PGP Key:  A2D2 B4BD CEB9 24C8 F272  16DC C1C9 65C5 39ED A0BF

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 10:05:34 am »

Oh, all right. :laugh:  Just so it's understood this is not an endorsement.  In my opinion, stated elsewhere, anyone who runs for any important elected position of power should be killed in his sleep on general principles, regardless of prior performance, political affiliation or promises.

But since, as you say, there is going to be a president, and his/her name will definitely not be Paul or NOTA...I would find the least gag-inducing candidate to be...Oh, god.

This is hard.  Bear with me, I will force the words out through my fingers.

I'm tempted to say Hillary, simply because I've always found her so much fun to hate and - as Basil already pointed out - she's the best chance for some congressional gridlock.  But the thought of eight years listening to that shrill, hectoring monotone is just too much horror to contemplate, so no.

McCain?  Guiliani?  No frickin' way.  And the rest of the pack is such a bunch of undistinguished nobodies there's virtually nothing to choose between them.  So I guess the very least offensive of the bunch - which is not repeat not the same as "most desirable", right? - would be...

Sigh.  Obama.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Plinker-MS

• Techie
  • Nobody in Particular
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 01:13:21 pm »

IMHO - the "second choice" would be....  whomever chooses Ron Paul for a running mate.

It could happen.

Vydunas

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 01:33:28 pm »

RP in the primary, RP or (if not) whatever guy gets the LP nod in November.

But if you're talking rooting for a horse rather than influencing public policy, I'm rooting for Obama, if for no better reason than to put an end to the BS about "a black man can't become President".

I've been trying to get Mrs. V to switch parties and vote for RP, who really is her favorite candidate, but she's decided that her job is to stay Democrat and vote against Hillary by voting for Obama.  The Kennedy endorsement made that harder though.

velojym

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 05:32:48 pm »

I'll toss a vote to Paul, but I'm less and less hopeful as time passes.
The only thing really keeping me going right now is that Zoe needs me... but she was sold into slavery
decades ago already.

So... otherwise, why bother?

(rhetorical question... I'm not in the mood for a lecture)

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 08:50:16 pm »

I'm still sticking to Ron Paul, Pat Paulsen or Yosemite Sam.
NOTA is not a bad option either. 
I see only one name I would actually vote for and that is Ron Paul.
{IF he winds up second banana on some other persons ticket I MIGHT consider that ticket.}

I have no second choice or least offensive choice ....
" .... which of the current runners makes you gag the least?"
None of them. [Or ALL of them depending on your view point ....]

edited to add additional comment on None of them ....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 09:39:45 pm by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

madengr

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 09:23:21 pm »

RP in caucus.

Either RP write-in or LP for the main election.  I really wish RP would run as an independent if he does not win the nomination.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up