The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Paul supporters: Second choices?  (Read 7005 times)

Lazarus Long

Re: Paul supporters: Second choices?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 11:48:03 am »

Anytime I've voted for anyone, I've regretted it. I no longer vote, more for practical reasons - i.e. privacy - than anything else, although I do sympathise with those who don't vote on principle, saying it's essentially giving one's stamp of approval to aggressors.

Y'all nearly have me convinced to vote for Obama, since in my mind it would be primarily a vote against all the others.

I've been heard to say that if that Jezebel woman ends up on the ballot, I'll go and vote for anybody else, purely to vote against her.

If RP makes it onto the ballot in any way, shape, or form, I'll vote for him. He isn't perfect, but he'd be different.

If he wins, I expect those who really hold all the strings will have him JFK'ed in a matter of days if not hours.
"Whatever is funny is subversive, every joke is ultimately a custard pie... a dirty joke is... a sort of mental revolution." - Orwell

bobcat

• Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 12:21:37 pm »

Dr. Paul is my FIRST choice and could be my SECOND choice. 

If RP does not get the Rep nod, I may sit out the election, but likely not.  Especially if Hitlery gets the dem nod, I will vote AGAINST her in the most effective way I can.  She would be HELL on wheels in the White House and I believe the most dangerous to freedom.  She's a friggin communist.  How much more of a statist is there?  She and Billie don't give a rat's petunia about the Constitution.  It's ALL about power for them.

Will the most effective vote be a Republicrat?  Dunno, too soon to tell.

Or will the most effective vote be an independent one of some sort?  Dunno, too soon to tell.  It is quite conceivable that RP, if he should choose to run independent, that he could actually win.  Wouldn't THAT be something! :mellow:

I know an awful lot of registered Republicans that are totally pissed off with the party due to; 1) Spending like drunken sailors, 2) Doing little to nothing about securing the borders, 3) Going waaaaaay overboard on all the internal security crap (Patriot act, Real ID, etc.) including creating DHS and TSA out of thin air.  4) Taxes and the Fed Tax Code are completely out of control with no relief in sight.  These folks are looking to RP.  Even some Pastor acquaintances are on the RP train.

So, if RP does not get the Rep nod, an Independent run could be fruitful, especially if McCain gets the nod, IMAO.  That's my second choice.  Anything else is a vote against Hitlery.

Bobcat

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin

Apple

• Strangely Attractive
  • Play the Game
    • Weapons of Mass Enlightenment
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 12:48:17 pm »

Bump.

Wondering how you all feel about this now that 6 months have passed and the race is down to 2. :ph34r:
 —Well? Shall we go?
 —Yes, let's go.
[Stage directive: they do not move.]

(last lines of “Waiting for Godot”)

PGP Key:  A2D2 B4BD CEB9 24C8 F272  16DC C1C9 65C5 39ED A0BF

Lazarus Long

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 04:28:00 pm »

Hell, nope
I won't vote
"Whatever is funny is subversive, every joke is ultimately a custard pie... a dirty joke is... a sort of mental revolution." - Orwell

Slaphappy

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 06:05:15 pm »

I was actually torn between Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo in the early stages of the primary season.  Since neither of them made the cut, I shifted to Ron Paul.  So my track record isn't looking too good.

Unless Bob Barr can really get a groundswell of support I'm stuck voting for the old guy.
Meet the new boss.  Same as the old boss.

Dare2BFree

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 06:31:20 pm »

Hell, nope
I won't vote

Hell.... I wasn't going to vote before
If I had known that these days would have changed my life - I would have dressed better.   ~ me

No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.  ~ Judge Gideon J. Tucker

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 06:34:14 pm »

I'll vote Libertarian just to show them that someone who can bother going to the polls isn't buying the crap they are shoveling.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

Aviator

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 10:59:44 pm »

The idea of Che Obama in the White House with possibly a filibuster-proof dhimmirat majority in the Congress should put chills up any thinking person's spine.  This guy is a disciple of Saul Alinsky and has been indoctrinated by marxists and muslims all his life.  I saw this in World Net Daily: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=69784 .  At least with McCain we should have a healthy degree of gridlock.  There is a reason Ron Paul works with the pubbies; he has no place with the other party and you have to win power to be able to implement an agenda.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2008, 08:06:06 am »

Aviator - for those who are not tempted to go here, I hope you don't mind if I put this quote from the article up:

The stunning comments from Democrat Sen. Barack Obama that the United States needs a "civilian national security force" that would be as powerful, strong and well-funded as the half-trillion dollar United States Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force have mysteriously disappeared from published transcripts of the speech.

or how about this one from Joseph Farah?

"If we're going to create some kind of national police force as big, powerful and well-funded as our combined U.S. military forces, isn't this rather a big deal?" Farah wrote. "I thought Democrats generally believed the U.S. spent too much on the military. How is it possible their candidate is seeking to create some kind of massive but secret national police force that will be even bigger than the Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force put together?

or Obama -

"I am running for president, right now, because of what Dr. King called the fierce urgency of now. This moment is too important to sit on the sidelines."

First of all, the guy needs to decide if he is Kennedy or Dr. King or whomever - he obviously has no substance himself.
Second of all, I just get the heaby jebes when I listen to him talk.
Third of all, McCain doesn't seem much better.

Good gracious - what is one to do.....

Alot of thought will go behind my vote. It may not make a difference to the outcome, but it will to my personal conscious.

Mutti
(off to see if anymore chicks have hatched)
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

gridboy

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2008, 08:39:15 am »

I may write in Mary Ruwart.

gridboy

Bedwere

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 10:55:14 am »

Be very weary of anyone who wants to be like MLK, since MLK was a scumbag communist. I also like the way he claimed to be a Reverend even though the night he died he was drunk and with many white whores.

spatter

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 02:38:40 pm »

At least with McCain we should have a healthy degree of gridlock.

Gridlock is almost always good...

Spatter
It's the Government's job to print the money, deliver the mail and declare war. Now give me my cigarettes.

Florence King

DHodges

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 02:48:33 pm »

I'll vote Libertarian just to show them that someone who can bother going to the polls isn't buying the crap they are shoveling.
Yeah, no way I could vote for either of the main two candidates.

DHodges

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2008, 02:53:04 pm »

Quote from: Obama
The stunning comments from Democrat Sen. Barack Obama that the United States needs a "civilian national security force" that would be as powerful, strong and well-funded as the half-trillion dollar United States Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force have mysteriously disappeared from published transcripts of the speech.

For a second there I thought he was talking about the civilian militia assumed to exist in the Second Amendment - but he is anti-gun.

Dare2BFree

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2008, 02:53:30 pm »

Be very weary of anyone who wants to be like MLK, since MLK was a scumbag communist. I also like the way he claimed to be a Reverend even though the night he died he was drunk and with many white whores.

Were you there?
If I had known that these days would have changed my life - I would have dressed better.   ~ me

No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.  ~ Judge Gideon J. Tucker
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up