The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Control  (Read 4851 times)

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
Media Control
« on: February 07, 2008, 01:34:05 pm »

I know it is a handful of folks on the ruling elite team that control the media. I know that the FCC [and perhaps other government agencies] make and enforce rules to ensure the propaganda arm of the ruling elite have near exclusive access to the tools of mass adult indoctrination.  I know it is this tight interconnected circle of self-serving, immoral elite who keep the complacent, lazy majority in place.

What I would like is more information. I want specifics. I want links that describe bits or all of the situation to the uninitiated. I've read some, perhaps a lot of it in the past. However my brain doesn't retain DETAILS like that. I get the idea, then move on. Clearly the active anti- Ron Paul campaign is an example of what central media control can do. I'm ready to start pointing my little flashlight on this particular source of our problem.

Help me find good explanations of the real situation that I might help publicize this area of truth.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

Junker

Re: Media Control
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 07:38:01 pm »

Partly:

Media Control

News Corporation

CFR Members: MEDIA:
    CBS: Laurence A. Tisch, CEO,  Roswell Gilpatric,  James Houghton, Henry Schacht, Dan Rather,  Richard Hottelet,  Frank Stanton, 
    NBC/RCA: John F. Welch, CEO,  Jane Pfeiffer,  Lester Crystal, R.W. Sonnenfeidt, John Petty,  Tom Brokaw,  David Brinkley,  John Chancellor,  Marvin Kalb,  Irving R. Levine,  Herbert Schlosser,  Peter G. Peterson,  John Sawhill, 
    ABC: Thomas S. Murphy, CEO,  Barbara Walters,  John Connor,  Diane Sawyer,  John Scall, 
    Public Broadcast Service: Robert Mcneil,  Jim Lehrer,  C. Hunter-Gault,  Hodding Carter III,  Daniel Schorr, 
    Associated Press: Stanley Swinton,  Harold Anderson,  Katharine Graham,
    Reuters: Michael Posner
    Baltimore Sun: Henry Trewhitt
    Washington Times: Arnaud De Borchgrave
    Children's TV Workshop (Sesame Street): Joan Ganz Cooney, Pres.
    Cable News Network: W. Thomas Johnson, Pres., Daniel Schorr
    U.S. News & World Report: David Gergen
    New York Times Co.: Richard Gelb,  William Scranton, John F. Akers, Dir.,  Louis V. Gerstner, Jr., Dir.,  George B. Munroe, Dir.,  Donald M. Stewart, Dir.,  Cyrus R. Vance, Dir.,  A.M. Rosenthal,  Seymour Topping,  James Greenfield,  Max Frankel,  Jack Rosenthal,  John Oakes,  Harrison Salisbury,  H.L. Smith,  Steven Rattner,  Richard Burt,  Flora Lewis, 
    Time, Inc.: Ralph Davidson,  Donal M. Wilson,  Henry Grunwald,  Alexander Heard,  Sol Linowitz,  Thomas Watson, Jr.,  Strobe Talbott
    Newsweek/Washington Post: Katharine Graham,  N. Deb. Katzenbach,  Robert Christopher,  sborne Elliot,  Phillip Geyelin,  Murry Marder,  Maynard Parker,  George Will, Robert Kaiser,  Meg Greenfield,  Walter Pincus,  Murray Gart,  Peter Osnos,  Don Oberdorfer
    Dow Jones & Co (Wall Street Journal): Richard Wood,  Robert Bartley, Karen House
    National Review: Wm. F. Buckley, Jr.
    Readers Digest: George V. Grune, CEO,  William G. Bowen, Dir.
    Syndicated Columnists: Geogia Anne Geyer,  Ben J. Wattenberg

Wyomiles

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 04:59:06 am »

Noooooo !! Not Sesame Street?? Say it isn't so !!

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:28:22 pm »

Well Junker, nobody can accuse you of being miserly with information.

What I was hoping for, though, was one or two OVERVIEWS of the centralization of media and their interrelationship with the ruling elite. 

I was hoping to avoid the time necessary to write a couple of articles for those who think the television "news" is not only informative, but all they need to know about their world. 

There is no way I'll ever entice the sheep to utilize the reading list you provided.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

Junker

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 03:18:36 pm »

As I wrote, "partly", meaning it's only part of the story, but a beginning.

And yup, SMS, I saw you wanted a summary article, simple and short, but
I don't have or recall one. I had hoped someone else would add one (like
Elias), but nobody did so far. The world traveler link has a variety of essays,
but it'll take time to go through 'em to see if any get close to what you'd
like.

I'll keep an eye out for one though.

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 02:07:44 am »

I know it is a handful of folks on the ruling elite team that control the media. I know that the FCC [and perhaps other government agencies] make and enforce rules to ensure the propaganda arm of the ruling elite have near exclusive access to the tools of mass adult indoctrination.  I know it is this tight interconnected circle of self-serving, immoral elite who keep the complacent, lazy majority in place.

What I would like is more information. I want specifics. I want links that describe bits or all of the situation to the uninitiated. I've read some, perhaps a lot of it in the past. However my brain doesn't retain DETAILS like that. I get the idea, then move on. Clearly the active anti- Ron Paul campaign is an example of what central media control can do. I'm ready to start pointing my little flashlight on this particular source of our problem.

Help me find good explanations of the real situation that I might help publicize this area of truth.

Campaign?  I was of the impression that the whole plan there was for them to ignore him to the greatest extent possible...

Perhaps there would be something here that might help?  I see a list of stuff on the left,  and one of the items in that list is "media minions",  though it's been a long while since I've read that.  Hope my recollection is reasonably correct and that you find some useful info in there.
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Junker

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 03:25:20 am »

Gosh, Roy, memory...it's been long since then:

http://www.mega.nu:8080
    [/list]

Thanks for the reminder.
    Pages: [1]   Go Up