The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A cell phone, sure. They're dangerous. But a fly swatter?  (Read 1947 times)

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
A cell phone, sure. They're dangerous. But a fly swatter?
« on: February 15, 2008, 03:14:45 pm »

Alleging Flyswatter Assault, Police Taser Suspect's Father Three Times.

The victim's version:
About 9:15 a.m., Tedral Thompson said, he heard a loud boom, the lawsuit says, as five plainclothes and two uniformed officers rushed into his home.

Thinking his mother-in-law had fallen, Thompson put on his pants and was walking to the bedroom door when it burst open.

Thompson said he faced a man who pointed a gun at his head.

"He gave me one of those looks – if you move I'll blow your head off," Thompson said. "I looked at my wife and said, 'Can my wife please put a blouse on?' "

Then, Thompson said, three other officers stunned him with their Taser guns.

Money quote:
"(Thompson) walked from the rear bedroom toward Detective (Jack) Schubert with a fly swatter in his hand," the court document says. "Defendant appeared agitated and expressed anger through his facial expressions and body language."

The document says Thompson continued to walk toward Schubert, "yelling obscenities." A sergeant deployed his Taser fearing Schubert "was in immediate danger of being feloniously assaulted," the document says.http://

Nobody in the article even comments on the police kicking in the door and holding everybody at gunpoint to serve a search warrant related to the victims' son, who was already in custody.  Nobody in the house was suspected of anything but potential flyswatter-fu.  Don't they ever knock any more?
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up