The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planet Terror  (Read 1482 times)

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
Planet Terror
« on: March 08, 2008, 12:05:13 pm »

I just watched this for the umpteenth time from the creative minds of Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino....

It's a throwback to the cheesey B Movies we watched at the Drive In or Theatres back in the 1970's but despite its basic Mankind vs. killer zombies plot it makes a lot of sly commentaries about Government Black Projects and People fighting back with guns against evil JBTS's headed by Bruce WIllis at odds with a smarmy but classy Scientist named Abby who has invented a chemical weapon that wreaks havoc in the small Texas community where the action takes place...

Helping the surviving humans is the mysterious but determined El Wray who single handedly makes the local Sheriff's Department look like the horses asses they really are...the scene where my fellow PA native Tom Savini comes in the Station after having his finger bitten off by one of the killer zombies and goes into a hissy fit will have you wet yourself with laughter !!!

Here's the plot if you have'nt seen it ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Terror

And who here CANNOT cheer on Rose McGowan as the one legged exotic dancer Cherry Darling blasting away at Zombies and Government creeps alike with her prosthetic firearm leg ?

Call me a fool for loving this flick but I never get bored watching it !
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:08:16 pm by Secret Six »
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers
Pages: [1]   Go Up