The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: $40k win  (Read 4590 times)

Junker

$40k win
« on: March 12, 2008, 11:23:03 pm »

Disloyal Opposition (J.D. Tuccille)

Tasered motorist case settled

Jared Massey, who sparked a heated debate over
    police conduct after he posted on YouTube a video
    of himself being tasered for asking questions
    during a minor traffic stop, will receive $40,000
    from the state of Utah.

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
Re: $40k win
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 11:38:52 pm »

So the taxpayers lose another round.  The guilty is not only unpunished, he continues to draw his salary.  I would far rather see Billy-Bob-The-Taser personally pay $5,000 than "The State" pay $40.000.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

Bedwere

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:11:56 am »

So the taxpayers lose another round.  The guilty is not only unpunished, he continues to draw his salary.  I would far rather see Billy-Bob-The-Taser personally pay $5,000 than "The State" pay $40.000.

I would rather the cop lose everything, including the shirt off his back and forced to live in the street.

slidemansailor

• The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 07:16:37 am »

Sure..... take my little fantasy and one-up it... now mine seems pretty darn humble. 

Dang Joneses always gotta do it better.

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 12:13:21 pm »

Any word about what happened to the perpetrator of this act of agression?

I mean.....did anything happen to him?

If nothing happened to him then justice was not served.......some guy just got a pay-off for a crime commited against him......and that's not justice......that's bribery........

For justice to be served, the perpetrator of a crime must be punished for his crime....and dollars don't cut it when it's a crime of violence.......
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Junker

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 12:55:10 pm »

From the link:

"The officer in the case, Jon Gardner, seems to have suffered no consequences other
    than brief administrative leave and 'training in conflict resolution,' whatever that is."

As we all are aware, courts stopped trying to serve justice long, long ago...if indeed they even ever did try.

clarence

• sui juris, in propia persona
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:13:57 am »

if the state settled this, then the thug is guilty of something. if he is guilty of something in his official capacity, then the victim has a cause of action against his performance bond. insurance companies don't like to go to court and lose and will usually settle quickly and then revoke the bond for cause.

someone should get the victim to a civil rights attorney to sue the thug so he can't get another job in .gov after his bond is revoked.

c
je suis contre

tu ne cede malis

"Don't feel bad, most species of large mammal die off...it's just our turn." Herb Ruhs, MD

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 03:10:40 am »

Clarence,

Don't get me wrong.......but $40k is but a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of money the pigs are generating through terrorizing people with threats of using this device on them......

Pulling his bond is NOT justice......it's just bribery which will allow this sort of thing to become commonplace enough that people will grow to accept it..........
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 03:45:07 pm »

Sure..... take my little fantasy and one-up it... now mine seems pretty darn humble. 

Dang Joneses always gotta do it better.
I WAS going to add "lose his job and spend a year in prison for assault with violence" but since you're feeling a little defensive maybe I'll just think it out loud .... ?

musicians .... always so sensitive ....
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

slidemansailor

• The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 05:50:22 pm »

sailors .... always so overwhelming ....

Oh, wait, that could be construed to include a piece of me...

clarence

• sui juris, in propia persona
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 12:13:59 am »

Clarence,

Don't get me wrong.......but $40k is but a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of money the pigs are generating through terrorizing people with threats of using this device on them......

Pulling his bond is NOT justice......it's just bribery which will allow this sort of thing to become commonplace enough that people will grow to accept it..........

i agree but, getting the thug's bond revoked means its career sucking on the .gov tit is over. .gov workers must be bondable and no insurance company is going to bond someone when a previous bond is revoked for cause. getting a bond revoked means keeping a thug out of the business of terrorizing at our expense.

clarence
je suis contre

tu ne cede malis

"Don't feel bad, most species of large mammal die off...it's just our turn." Herb Ruhs, MD
Pages: [1]   Go Up