The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carbon Fibre Clothing -- anti-Taser  (Read 8430 times)

Anduril

• Shunned
  • Somewhere, over the Rainbow...
Carbon Fibre Clothing -- anti-Taser
« on: March 15, 2008, 04:50:54 pm »

A friend of mine in London has found a handy range of anti-Taser clothing.

The idea is simple: the carbon fibre cloth short-circuits the Taser electrodes.

Making these garments might be a good line for a skilled seamstress in the US.

Testing the idea first is probably a good idea.  You don't need a Taser: just some carbon fibre cloth, some darts and an ignition coil from a car.

Anduril

ANDURIL   (Qu?: 'west-brilliance')  The sword of Aragorn II, reforged from the shards of Narsil (itself originally forged by Telchar of Novgrod), by elven-smiths in Rivendell in TA 3018.  On its blade a design of seven stars (for Elendil) between a crescent moon (for Isildur) and a rayed sun (for Anarion), as well as many runes.  Because of its heritage and its bearer, and because of its great brightness, Anduril quickly became a famous weapon.

amagi

Re: Carbon Fibre Clothing -- anti-Taser
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 05:10:41 pm »

Got a link to anything? Maybe we would just like to buy the clothing.
"I also find myself on fairly firm ground identifying good and evil without resorting to my opinion of God's opinion"
LJer Tigertoy

Anduril

• Shunned
  • Somewhere, over the Rainbow...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 05:57:34 pm »

Maybe.  Remember there's US Customs in between...

Here's a video of Thor Shield which gives you some idea of what this kind of technology can do for you.

http://www.thorshield.com/images/ThorShield.wmv

However, Thor Shield say that they only sell their material to LEO and military outfits.

That's why I thought it better to suggest unobtrusive local sourcing, preferably of a variety of different materials.  The research work's been done.

Tasering is just another way of torturing people.  Torture is illegal under US and international law.  Defending yourself against torture should be everyone's right, and probably is.  Summarily applied cruel and unusual punishment is just not on.

Just remember that some JBT might try to shoot you if his Taser doesn't "work."

Anduril

ANDURIL   (Qu?: 'west-brilliance')  The sword of Aragorn II, reforged from the shards of Narsil (itself originally forged by Telchar of Novgrod), by elven-smiths in Rivendell in TA 3018.  On its blade a design of seven stars (for Elendil) between a crescent moon (for Isildur) and a rayed sun (for Anarion), as well as many runes.  Because of its heritage and its bearer, and because of its great brightness, Anduril quickly became a famous weapon.

vargthewanderer

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 10:55:08 pm »

Good idea, but after having worked with the stuff I would not want it anywhere near my skin. That stuff makes fiberglass look cuddly. The fibers are sharp, and they stick in you you can't pull them out- they just break off. You have to cut them out x.x  Perhaps a steel-wool fabric instead? It might rust but there are things that can be done to prevent that.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

-Patrick Henry-

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 11:18:03 pm »

Just remember that some JBT might try to shoot you if his Taser doesn't "work."

True, but there would be a short delay between firing the Taser and the realization that it didn't work.

As far as carbon fibre goes, it will needed to be bonded to something flexible to support it, unless
you intend to make rigid body armor. Otherwise you may end up with a bag full of splinters.

Ya know, rigid inserts intended to defeat Tasers (not by shorting but by being impenetrable.)
that could be held in pockets sewn into to street clothes might not be a bad idea. You could
make them in a half dozen sizes and patterns so that, oh, maybe 80% of your torso could be
protected. Hmmm....

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear
Pages: [1]   Go Up