The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DC Mayor's opinion of his city's populace.  (Read 3596 times)

velojym

DC Mayor's opinion of his city's populace.
« on: March 22, 2008, 07:53:48 pm »

This guy just stood out in front of the courtroom and stated, quite clearly, that if law abiding
folks were allowed to own and carry defensive arms, that the crime rate would skyrocket.

I guess he doesn't have much of an opinion for 'his' people.
I guess Floridians are, in his opinion, better behaved and more civilized than folks in DC
I guess all these folks in all these other states are better than 'his people'.

Is that what you're saying, Mr. Mayor? The people who elected you are generally unbalanced
and apt to fly off the handle? Do they know what you think of them, Mr. Mayor?

Junker

Re: DC Mayor's opinion of his city's populace.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 08:36:24 pm »

Possibly, but I think it's more that all the people he knows-- politicians-- are crooks.

And he doesn't realize that a crime spree would only bring him more money, i.e., he's
not a very bright politician.  :laugh:

dogsledder54

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:47:42 pm »

Possibly, but I think it's more that all the people he knows-- politicians-- are crooks.

And he doesn't realize that a crime spree would only bring him more money, i.e., he's
not a very bright politician.  :laugh:
Just because SOME politicians are crooks doesn't mean they ALL are. You're letting 99.999% of them ruin your opinion of the rest.  ;)

padre29

• Cavaliere d' Onore
  • Civily Dead
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 10:17:10 pm »

Hmm, I simply must wonder if the problem is that an armed citizenry can shoot in any direction in the DC area and hit some politician that is corrupt?

The DC PTB/Jabbuts know this, and since bullets do not discriminate based on party afilliation, the risk is simply too high?
Video in Venitur

Gotblog?

http://tthelastcause.blogspot.com/

velojym

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 11:27:27 pm »

Perhaps, since this is a hotbed of political activity... they're using the general populace as a fuse, or a honeypot of sorts.
So long as they can keep a large percentage of the residents disarmed, the less law-abiding sorts will generally gravitate toward
those residents while the much better armed politicians go about their business without much trouble.

So... these law-abiding folks are a sacrifice to the criminal element.
Pages: [1]   Go Up