The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Richard Widmark dies at 93  (Read 2808 times)

dogsledder54

Richard Widmark dies at 93
« on: March 26, 2008, 02:51:35 pm »

Richard Widmark, a Film Noir icon, dies at 93.
http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/writer/richardwidmark.html
http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/writer/widmark10.html
Nearly always played tough guys.

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
Re: Richard Widmark dies at 93
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 01:09:35 pm »

"I know I've made kind of a half-assed career out of violence, but I abhor violence," he remarked in a 1976 Associated Press interview. "I am an ardent supporter of gun control. It seems incredible to me that we are the only civilized nation that does not put some effective control on guns." - Richard Widmark.....

S6 : Even if he had asnine opinions like the the above, Richard Widmark was one of the last true ball bearing actors of his day....

Loved him in

THE BEDFORD INCIDENT
ALVAREZ KELLY
THE STREET WITH NO NAME
KISS OF DEATH (His character Tommy Udo gleefully was a thorn in the side to the Pigs !) :angel10:

So long Richard....you are gonna be missed my man !

Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers

dogsledder54

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:14:54 pm »

I was unaware of his opinions on 'gun control', but I still try to keep an artist's work separate from their political opinions. Otherwise, how could I enjoy watching Barbarella without thinking about Jane Fonda's views on politics. I can assure you that I am not thinking about her politics when I am watching her in that movie. ;)

jamie

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 08:29:08 pm »

He was the star in "the Last Wagon",  a movie that made an impression on me with the themes of injustice and bigotry. I still think it's a good movie.

I didn't know that either about being pro victim disarmament.

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 03:25:08 pm »

He was the star in "the Last Wagon",  a movie that made an impression on me with the themes of injustice and bigotry. I still think it's a good movie.

I didn't know that either about being pro victim disarmament.

Hey one of my RW faves as well and I love how his "despicable" character showed up all the "decent law abiding" survivors by keeping them alive....

He also played a similar character in HOW THE WEST WAS WON
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 03:26:44 pm by Secret Six »
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers
Pages: [1]   Go Up