The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Take Your Girlfriends Shooting Day  (Read 9836 times)

Hasher

Take Your Girlfriends Shooting Day
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2003, 08:49:39 pm »

Any time I can get her away from work on a weekend is "take the GF shooting day". I have always started tehm out with a 22 and taught them the basics. When they can do that well move them to a light 38 Special then to a 9mm. I did this for one fg a tteh range and by the end of the session she was making good hits at 10 yards with Specials from my 44 Mountain Gun.

Hunter,

If you need any help with Mas let me know as he is a friend.

Hasher

rick

• http://www.frankenrangers.org
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2003, 06:04:19 pm »

Bear, that was a regular, factory-made, unaltered Thompson/Center Encore in .45-70 caliber. It is a fine pistol and it teaches you discipline and caution. I shoot it one-handed standing on 25 or 50 yds or prone up to 200 yds. If you can master it, you ARE a pistolero. It is available in nice handgun calibers like .30-06 or even timid 7mm Rem Mag ;-). For close quarter shooting, I am using a Bushnell HoloSight which is strong enough to manage the recoil though the Weaver Mount looks a little frail (Al).
rick

I bear no hate against a living thing I just love my freedom all above the King

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2004, 12:24:33 pm »

While I think all this is a great idea, what we need to look at is the long-term discipline and enjoyment of the "ballistic arts" by the fairer sex. I am sure there are numerous gun experts who will attest that women make better natural shooters than men (perhaps due to the lack of that bragadocious hormone, testosterone?), but how many women have held records in this area?

I was pleased and amazed to hear on the (local) news a while back that the "State Championship" (PA) title for something (I think it was .22 rifle?) had been taken by a young lady who happened to be a high school senior here (Palmyra, PA)...

Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up