The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Half Past Claire Wolfe  (Read 1825 times)

nimble

Half Past Claire Wolfe
« on: August 08, 2004, 05:41:26 pm »

(by the way, I'm actually already a member here under another nym.  Just a little shy with my poetry.)   :ph34r:

Half Past Claire Wolfe

She said, “Our country’s at that awkward stage...”
The little froggies don’t feel the heat
It’s too late to work within the system
but too soon to take our guns to the streets.

When they come to take your guns away
It’s time
When they monitor every word you say
It’s time
When they give you a number and an RFID,
When they stop you and search you whenever they please,
When jackboots arrest you for freedom of speech,
It’s time --
Half past Claire Wolfe

Each day we see our freedoms disappearin’
in the name of national security
And every threat’s like the Reichstag burnin’
The sheeple don’t know who’s the real enemy.

So how much longer do we wait and see?
We watch what we say and what we do
Just what do we think they’re gonna change?
Or is the change gonna be in me and you?

unstructuredreality

Half Past Claire Wolfe
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 06:00:14 pm »

Sounds like it has some good potential.  I've posted a poem or two but took them down.  They didn't seem to catch on too well.  Oh well.  But I think, personally your right on the money.  I believe it's at least quarter past and time's flying.  The more poetry or prose to me, the better.  Perhaps a book of poems about freedom could help some more people find the way.

BTW, pretty sneaky with your new nick! ;)

Peace and Good Day

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Half Past Claire Wolfe
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 12:27:16 am »

It's impossible for me to comment on lyrics about "Claire Wolfe time." (You have no idea how it feels to have your name become a synonym for ... interesting times. Weird beyond words.) Still, I can hear the rhythm of those words, nimble, which tells me there's got to be music for them somewhere.

Don't be discouraged -- unstructured or nimble -- if people don't reply to poetry. Sometimes they respond, if you know what I mean, but have nothing much to say.

Claire

P.S. Yeah, good nic, nimble ... if you're the nursery rhyme man I think you are.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 12:28:45 am by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Plinker-MS

• Techie
  • Nobody in Particular
Half Past Claire Wolfe
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 08:24:53 am »

Your poetry has inspired me....

From now on, I will conclude every encounter I have with a public servant by politely asking him/her/it what time it is -- perhaps fumbling with my watch in the process.

A juvenile and silly gesture, I know, but perhaps it will spread among others in the Claire Wolfe Institute for the Advancement of Chronometry.

Maybe the bureaucrats will get tired of me treating them like they all work for NIST or the Naval Observatory and leave me alone.

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
Half Past Claire Wolfe
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 05:14:16 pm »

Still, I can hear the rhythm of those words, nimble, which tells me there's got to be music for them somewhere.

Y'know those bits of drum music that somebody posted in here on some thread or other a ways back?  I remember running across them when I was plowing through all of the older posts...

Seems to me like some of that stuff would fit.  Whaddya think?
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Scarmiglione'

Half Past Claire Wolfe
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 07:48:03 am »

Still, I can hear the rhythm of those words, nimble, which tells me there's got to be music for them somewhere.

Y'know those bits of drum music that somebody posted in here on some thread or other a ways back?  I remember running across them when I was plowing through all of the older posts...

Seems to me like some of that stuff would fit.  Whaddya think?
I was thinking the same.  I've ran it through my head a few times.  I just need to spend more time on it and see what I can't howl out.
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

nimble

Half Past Claire Wolfe
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 07:50:23 pm »

Hmmm...
I'm interested in hearing what you come up with, Scarmig.

If anybody wants to add their own verses using the same rhyme and metre, feel free.  It could become like an epic folk song or something.  :rolleyes:

Plinker:  Hey!  Good idea!   :P   " 'Scuse me.  What time is it?  Is it time yet?"  Oooh!  That could really get on their nerves!  Like kids asking "Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?"   ^_^

Pages: [1]   Go Up