The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Cares What Claire Looks Like  (Read 3031 times)

unstructuredreality

Who Cares What Claire Looks Like
« on: August 07, 2004, 12:22:42 am »

I've never seen her, and I probably will never see her.  What strikes me as great is her core and heart, fully synthesized with her intellect and brain.  This is what counts for  us and beauty lies within the writing and thrust of an idea, right or wrong.  The cosmos and the TAO, the Zen, whatever you like will let you KNOW what Claire is about and what she sees.  All of us have seen similar things, it is Claire who puts it down on paper and enlightens people around a campfire.  No need to worry folks, Claire let's it be and let's you figure yourselves out, while figuring herself out.  On and On, into the eternities.  So small she is humble.  So large she moves folks to action.  Most importantly, she is a person who feels her heart.  Let Claire's words live on to inspire more folks and let her peace shine a beacon toward a freedom we can never imagine.  2 cents.

Peace and Good Day
Peace and Good Day  

woodtramp

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 11:34:24 am »

I have yet to met Claire in person myself but I think by reading her books and articles I almost feel like I know her and I hope to actually meet her at some future event.I'm curious however as to whose picture that is of the mysterious lady stranger in a black dress and hat I've seen on this site. I must say it's very alluring.

Woodtramp.

rockchucker

• ... death awaits you all with nasty pointy teeth!
    • FreedomSight
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 04:22:05 pm »

I think it's just human nature to want to put a face with a name. Not a big deal, but just something that people like to be able to do.
... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

Put a little birdhouse in your soul. -- TMBG

FreedomSight

unstructuredreality

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 05:15:37 pm »

I can understand the desire to want to keep pictures at a minimum though.  I too have been curious.  Perhaps a blurred picture?  just kidding.  I think it adds to what she is doing in a way because, not here of course, pictures can sometimes distort ones judgments about who a person really is.  I just figure she's living part of what she writes about and part of that is privacy.  At any rate, she's been someone who's held a lantern for folks in some dark places and sometimes sages keep themselves in the shadows.  I would however, love to hear her interviews so I can get some of my friends to listen but I have no clue whether she will be on in Chicago.

Peace and Good Day

Misfit

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 05:24:44 pm »

Ditto...

It doesn't really matter, but it would be nice to see her and talk to her in person.
I thought maybe I'd go to that freedom summit in Phoenix this fall that she's speaking at, but I don't know if I'll be able to swing it given my present circumstances. $350 plus travel, room and expenses is a bit hefty for us right now. I'm hoping she'll swing through Vegas on one of her travels and give me a jingle to go out for a beer, soda, tea...I don't care... :rolleyes:

RN/MEDIC

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 11:05:23 pm »

My guess is that Claire MUST remain very discreet and low profile thus avoiding having pictures of her available.  She has already hazarded her life by writing as she has.  She along with other writers of the freedom movement could VERY EASILY disappear of very mysterious circumstances.  It most certainly would NOT be the first time it happened.  

Claire, whoever you really are and where ever you are, PLEASE do take care and stay safe. WATCH YOUR BACK.  Wish some of us were around you for safety/security.

Gratefully & Respectfully,  RNMEDIC

sennin

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 11:20:50 pm »

RN/MEDIC, you have the same leanings as a lot of us here in N. Nevada.

If she's ever up in our neck of the desert (not too many woods around unless you go to Tahoe), be assured that there are several (many, many) people who would love to provide Target Reduction Assistance for our beloved Claire (and anyone else who may require it).

We are not amateur wannabees. We are retired, but still useful, ghosty types with a wealth of  knowledge and appropriate contacts.  Best not to HAVE to, but then again ...

yorick

• http://www.friendshuh.com
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 03:11:33 pm »

have no idea myself - but.....

in my minds eye - she's a hottie  ;)   -   think Wyoming Knott from "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" - :D :D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 03:14:15 pm by yorick »

Junker

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 04:05:59 pm »

Why not?

Ian

• aka Elf-Boy
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 05:29:20 pm »

Erg.

:)
And Tomlinson took up the tale and spoke of his good in life.
"O this I have read in a book," he said, "and that was told to me,
"And this I have thought that another man thought of a Prince in Muscovy."
The good souls flocked like homing doves and bade him clear the path,
And Peter twirled the jangling Keys in weariness and wrath.
"Ye have read, ye have heard, ye have thought," he said, "and the tale is yet to run:
"By the worth of the body that once ye had, give answer—what ha' ye done?"

Junker

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 05:52:03 pm »

OTOH, I never had a good visual of Miss Knott...perhaps...

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2004, 12:11:20 am »

I think it's just human nature to want to put a face with a name. Not a big deal, but just something that people like to be able to do.
I think you're absolutely right about this.

I have met up with some people in this area in the past,  some years back,  who were all with one local radio station.  And we DO put a "face" (even if we're not conscious of what we're thinking of) with a "voice",  and when you finally do meet up with someone it can be quite jarring,  for no particular reason.  The "face" you've "envisioned" isn't a conscious thing,  I'd say,  but a part of normal human interaction and mental/emotional processes.

It _is_ a secondary issue,  like y'all were saying,  the "voice" being the primary thing.
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 10:59:07 am »

I can understand Claire wanting to keep her privacy, but as a practical  matter of security, I don't think it
matters much whether she posts a picture of herself of not.

Think about it: she attends freedom oriented events whose time and place are known in advance. Since the
majority of attendess, I hear, are freedom oriented men, how hard could it be to pick out a slender blonde
woman from the crowd?  <_<

I apprecaite Claire for all she has written, but folks, let's not let our paranoia run away with us!  :P

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

RN/MEDIC

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 01:41:52 pm »

On danger to Claire, one possibility is that "they" want to know her name/face/identity/location for "future plans." For example, I would LOVE to go to the machine gun shoot near Ft. Knox, Kentucky. I think it is called Knob Creek, BUT just imagine how many of THEM are there taking down license plates and with "SMALL CAMERAS" taking pictures/gathering identities for the time when it is valuable to THEM to do whatever it is that THEY plan.  Just a thought.

RNMEDIC
Pages: [1]   Go Up