The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bill of Rights Day March/Protest  (Read 3195 times)

azcoyote

• Tom Paine wannabe
Bill of Rights Day March/Protest
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:36:35 pm »

On May 1, while I was hearing on the news about the illegals out marching, I thought to myself, "where the hell are we?" Not so much about the illegal question, but about things in general. I was too young during the Vietnam protest marches, but I'm neither too young nor too old to take to the streets now. Why aren't more of us doing so? Why am I not doing so?

Laziness, self-doubt, jadedness, got no time, takes money, not gonna make a difference, etc, etc, etc. I am guilty of all those.

Whoever had the link to Restoretherepublic.com, thank you very much. The Washington march on 7/12 has piqued my interest big time. I've got 2 months to earn enough in overtime to go. So far, about 14 and 1/2 thousand folks have pledged to go. Say that number only doubles by then. What a hoot to be hanging out with 30,000 freedomistas! Think of the networking opportunities. These are mostly Paulistas and Dr. Ron is the keynote speaker.

But even before I learned of this march, I had a thought: Bill Of Rights Day is 12/15. What if we had at least one demonstrator outside every courthouse in the land (or as many a possible) proclaiming a Constitutional goverment and demanding adherance to it and the Bill of Rights? Large cities would, of course, have more. Think that might get some media attention?  That's after the election so politicians will be resting on their laurels and thinking everything was over and it would just be the same old shit. Wrong! People could even dress as their favorite amendment--as a newspaper, a religious text, or (my favorite) a gun. Guerilla theater could have a heyday. There are some MSM outlets who might even publicize this beforehand--Coast to Coast, Jerry Doyle show, Lou Dobbs, maybe even Rush or Savage.

Ron Paul has ignited the tinder, but we need to keep feeding the fire so it won't go out.

I have yet to thoroughly check out Restoretherepublic.com or enter their forum, but I plan to do so and submit this idea to them as well. It's gratifying to know that there are others like us out there and if anybody knows other good sites, please post.

I think it was Chairman Mao who said a revolution only needs 10% of the people. Lets raise that number.

Coyote
Always keep your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark. Robert A. Heinlein

suijurisfreeman

Re: Bill of Rights Day March/Protest
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:03:04 am »

I got a 9 year sentence to prison for my 22 days of protesting on the Monroe County courthouse square back in 2005!  I was able to get 3 of my 4 convictions reversed by the Kentucky Court of Appeals on February 15, 2008.  I'm currently in the Kentucky Supreme Court on a Motion for Discretionary Review, hopefully we'll get the final count reversed.  My 'protesting' (remonstrating) cost me 871 days in the pen, but what the hell the price of freedom is eternal viligance!

iloilo

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 08:20:02 am »

Many people around the nation have BOR day parties, even with cakes and speakers dressed in costume.  Many of them also hand out FIJA literature, and we featured one such party in our newsletter last year.
I'll post a link later when I have more time.
Have fun.
Live free.
ff

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 11:42:40 am »

Thank you AZCoyote for bringing the RTR site back to my attention.
I had forgotten that Aaron Russo was involved with the site.
BTW:
I found this there in an article about McCain.
[I don't know if the article will still be there it was dated Thursday, 01 May 2008 and titled "WHY YOU NEED TO MEET THE REAL JOHN McCAIN".]

“War hero” image is a media creation not supported by the facts

McCain graduated 894th of the 899 cadets in his class at the Naval Academy.  Google it.  Why would we want someone who was a failure and took his responsibilities so flippantly as our commander-in-chief?

* McCain was an irresponsible pilot who crashed 6 planes, and started a major fire on an aircraft carrier through negligent action. Why would we want someone this reckless in the most-important office on the planet?

* McCain collaborated with the enemy, was given “soft” treatment because his father was an admiral, and is known as “Songbird McCain” by those who were imprisoned with him. (http://vietnamveteransagainstmccain.com)   He is the MIA/POW family’s worst enemy for his constant attempts to belittle their concerns and stifle their inquiries while serving in the Senate.

McCain ditched his ill wife to marry an heiress when he returned from Vietnam

"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III
Pages: [1]   Go Up