The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Gig in the Sky  (Read 1539 times)

Lisa Aenne

Great Gig in the Sky
« on: May 24, 2008, 11:19:12 pm »

I like the movie "School of Rock" for several reasons.  Even though Jack Black over acts as usual, there's a certain charm and a certain hipness to the dialogue of the screenplay.  Mike White did a terrific job (he also plays Ned Schneebly). I love how Richard Linklater filmed the opening.  I also enjoyed the kids playing the music, especially since most of them played their instruments.

I'd always wondered why Great Gig in the Sky was Tomika's homework in the movie.  I heard the song the other day on a cd I checked out from the library.  A big "duh" on my part.  I didn't know that song was Great Gig in the Sky. Terrific choice of homework!
Gnomes live ten times faster than humans. They're harder to see than a high-speed mouse. That's one reason why most humans hardly ever see them. The other is that humans are very good at not seeing things they know aren't there. And, since sensible humans know that there are no such things as people four inches high, a gnome who doesn't want to be seen probably won't be seen... Terry Pratchett
Pages: [1]   Go Up