The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "You can't secure America ...  (Read 3281 times)

Augustwest

"You can't secure America ...
« on: October 09, 2003, 12:33:11 pm »

...from the District of Columbia..."

I can be a little slow on the uptake, I know. When I first read that tidbit from Sec. Ridge, I swear I interpreted it as a "resistance is futile, you will be assimilated, all your base are belong to us" kinda threat.

Time to find some of Hunter's meds...

After another look, I realize he just wants us all in lock-step, protecting each other from the terrorist hordes. No big deal.  :unsure:

Scary moment though.

The "no access without a chip" piece is a peach too. Good thing I like to be outside.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 02:37:23 pm by Augustwest »
\"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.\"  - Capt. Reynolds

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 12:59:36 pm »

When I first read that tidbit from Sec. Ridge, I swear I interpreted it as a "resistance is futile, you will be assimilated, all your base are belong to us" kinda threat.

Well, I kinda hate to tell ya, Augustwest. But reading between the lines, that's probably about what it DOES mean.

Come to think of it, your Borg analogy ain't bad. The Homeland Security (ACHTUNG!) apparatus does seek to absorb us all and make it part of itself. Isn't that the very message Ridge is conveying?

(So it's up to us to show 'em just how unfutile resistance is.  :) )
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 01:00:39 pm by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Augustwest

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 01:09:45 pm »

Well, I kinda hate to tell ya, Augustwest. But reading between the lines, that's probably about what it DOES mean.

Won't cha' just let me stay a little naive? Pleeease?  ;)

Isn't that the very message Ridge is conveying?

Tough to read it any other way.

So it's up to us to show 'em just how unfutile resistance is.

Lock 'n Roll! Rock 'n Load! Or something.

\"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.\"  - Capt. Reynolds

Hunter

• Hunter at TPoL
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 02:52:36 pm »

I've lost track, are you coming to the Free State, AW? Aww, hell, somehow one of us'll get together with you and sort out the "lock n' load" and "rock n' roll" stuff. Both of 'em have their moments.  
from an undisclosed secure location far, far outside Ohio

Hunter's Seventieth Rule: The Internet needs a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Of the gene pool, I mean.

Augustwest

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 03:09:04 pm »

I've lost track, are you coming to the Free State, AW?

Hope to. As of now I'm just a friend. Lotsa entanglements to sort through where I am now. But where I am now is a coupla states south of the free one, so mebbe I'll come up for lock 'n rock 'n lessons sometime.  :)

Hunter

• Hunter at TPoL
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 06:01:25 am »

This could be arranged. <laugh>  
from an undisclosed secure location far, far outside Ohio

Hunter's Seventieth Rule: The Internet needs a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Of the gene pool, I mean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up