The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: movie guilty pleasures  (Read 5452 times)

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
Re: movie guilty pleasures
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 07:59:14 am »

Klapton said:
Better Off Dead
  Is that the "I want my two dollars" movie?
Yup, that's it.  One of the best running gags in movie history.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 12:57:33 pm »

SILVER STREAK - A comic rendition of THE LADY VANISHES and Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor's start of the best comedy duo imaginable....

Wilder gets into one comic misadventure after another when he falls for a foxy Jill Clayburgh on a train from LA to Chicago and gets tied up in the murder of her boss...

Patrick McGoohan is great as the smarmy villian Devereaux and I dare you not to wet yourself laughing when Pryor and Wilder try to evade the Cops in the Kansas City train station by painting Wilder black with shoe polish and passing him off as a brother !

Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers

dogsledder54

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 07:16:16 pm »

I can't believe that I forgot to mention one of the best...Demolition Man...

And Mystery Men...

Anduril

• Shunned
  • Somewhere, over the Rainbow...
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 04:23:13 pm »

"The Court Jester" with Danny Kaye is wonderfully funny. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Court_Jester

"The Brass Bottle" with Burl Ives (I laughed so much I could hardly breathe!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brass_Bottle

"Pretty Baby" with the adorable Brooke Shields

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Baby_(1978_film)

"That's All, Folks!"

Anduril

ANDURIL   (Qu?: 'west-brilliance')  The sword of Aragorn II, reforged from the shards of Narsil (itself originally forged by Telchar of Novgrod), by elven-smiths in Rivendell in TA 3018.  On its blade a design of seven stars (for Elendil) between a crescent moon (for Isildur) and a rayed sun (for Anarion), as well as many runes.  Because of its heritage and its bearer, and because of its great brightness, Anduril quickly became a famous weapon.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up