The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mandatory state observation of pregnant women?  (Read 3621 times)

NuclearDruid

Mandatory state observation of pregnant women?
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:23:28 am »

Should Home Births Be Illegal?

There's a war going on between midwives and the medical community over the risks of delivering at home--who will win?

Currently, no legislation has been drawn up, but the American Medical Association (AMA) has agreed to back "Resolution 205," a request to support the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists' (ACOG) stance that home births are dangerous.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Scarmiglione'

Re: Mandatory state observation of pregnant women?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:34:16 am »

I read stuff like this and to me it is just so blindingly obvious that the government is waging a multi-front war on independence.  Not individuals, or freedom, or drug users or any of that.  But independence.  All the others are just facets of this war.  Government despises people who don't need it.
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 11:26:35 am »

Government despises people who don't need it.

yep. Stupid law. And you know what, people are gonna just eat it up because it's "for the children".

mutti
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

cowardly lion

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 07:03:52 am »

A friend of mine sued her hospital because their ineptness caused her baby to die.  I helped her and she won, but these things are so hushed up by the hospitals and insurance companies that it's difficult to bring evidence to bear to dispute Resolution 205.

cl
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:09:35 am by cowardly lion »
Sic semper tyrannis, baby!    - Joel Simon

As much as we may not want to consider it, we must have a mindset that enables us to do instant and devastating violence in defense of self and/or loved ones.   -Dave Champion

It's not unusual to run into folks in the internet that are dense enough to have event horizons.

Remember, remember, the fifth of November . . . .

Don't mistake my silence for weakness - no one plans a murder out loud.

spatter

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 02:50:34 pm »

I heard a radio ad yesterday (pushing a hospital) that said 1 in 10 infants need neonatal intensive care.

WHY?

Spatter
It's the Government's job to print the money, deliver the mail and declare war. Now give me my cigarettes.

Florence King

amagi

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 04:18:09 pm »

When real statistics are examined, home births are much safer than hospital births.  This is about control and money.  The AMA started this way way back and it has been an uphill climb for midwives and women in general ever since.

It is apaling how much of the birth industry isn't based on any science at all.  Many of the drugs used to induce labor are not approved for that use.  Most labor inductions are unnecesssary.  Induction leads to further intervention ALL of the time.
Did you know, the actual average term is 41 weeks?  It took an awfully long time for anyone to actually check that.  40 weeks is an invented number.  I personally know a woman induced at 38 weeks so her Dr could get the birth (and payment) under his belt before he left for vacation.

Deep breath.....

I could go on.  This is a hot subject for me.
"I also find myself on fairly firm ground identifying good and evil without resorting to my opinion of God's opinion"
LJer Tigertoy

NuclearDruid

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:15:45 am »

FedGov blames midwives for documenting illegal aliens.

‘Stuck in a free country'

When Lupita Sanchez applied for a passport, she didn't expect that her U.S. citizenship would be called into question.

But three months after completing her passport application - 38 years after she was born in downtown Brownsville - Sanchez received a shocking letter from the U.S. Department of State.

After explaining that her application had been closed, the letter states, "Once you obtain U.S. citizenship, you may execute another application for a U.S. passport."

Sanchez was incredulous. She has been voting and paying taxes in the United States for 20 years.

But along with hundreds of other South Texans delivered by midwives, the validity of Sanchez's birth certificate, and her U.S. citizenship, is being called into question.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

vonuvan

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 12:53:50 pm »

I heard a radio ad yesterday (pushing a hospital) that said 1 in 10 infants need neonatal intensive care.

WHY?

Spatter

Because the pharmaco-industrial complex says so, and they're there to help you:-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up