The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40   Go Down

Author Topic: This is the way the world ends  (Read 107255 times)

Silver

• thrivalist
  • Moderator Group
This is the way the world ends
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:26:17 am »

Not with a bang but a whimper.

T.S. Eliot, The Hollow Men

The Federal Reserve statistics released 9/25/08 shows an increase in the monetary base of 7.65% over the past two weeks.

Part of the big change comes from the introduction of the Asset-backed Commercial Paper Money Market Mutual Fund Liquidity Facility, which was announced by the Federal Reserve on September 19.  ABCP is a prime ingredient in most money market funds.  The Fed also extended credit to Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Merrill Lynch.

This is a lot of new money created from thin air by any standard.  Hyperinflation seems to be our fate.  If they add another 7.65% in the next 2 weeks, the total increase is 15.9%.  Keep that up for 12 months, and the monetary base will explode by 680%. 

History suggests that they won't increase at a constant rate.  After this first jolt, the supply will be left stable for a little while, but sooner rather than later another "stimulus" will be required.  And another, and another.  Eventually, the increase will be continuous, and much larger than 680% per year.

Increases in the money supply is the definition of inflation.  As this money works its way into the economy, those that get it first will benefit.  In this case Wall Street and banks are first in line.  After they get the money, it wil be spent into the rest of the economy.  Prices will go up, rapidly but not evenly across the economy.

As an aid to comprehending how bad this news is, imagine that prices went up by 680% a year for 5 years.

After 1 year, a fancy coffee that used to cost $4 would cost $27.
After 2 years, a fast food lunch will go from $6.50 to $300.
After 3 years, a half-gallon of milk rises from $2.49 to $782.
After 4 years, a $50 tank of gas costs $106,720.
After 5 years, dinner and wine for 2 at a nice restaurant goes from $80 to $1,408,703,200.

If you think I am being too pessimistic, take a look at the tab for dinner for one in Zimbabwe.  in 1980, the Zimbabwean dollar traded close to 1 US dollar.  In 1998, inflation was 32% per year.  Ten years later, it has reached 11,200,000%.

While I can't see the future, the past is whispering that the end may be upon us.  The money for the trillion-dollar "bailout" has to be created, who will be foolish enough to lend to this thoroughly corrupt and bankrupt government?

If you don't own silver and gold, now may be your last chance.  Whether it is next month,  next year, or a few years from now, whatever assets you "own," if measured in dollars, will be gone.

God help us all.

Peace,

Silver
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:59:39 am by Silver »

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Re: This is the way the world ends
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:10:44 am »

History suggests that they won't increase at a constant rate.  After this first jolt, the supply will be left stable for a little while, but sooner rather than later another "stimulus" will be required.  And another, and another.  Eventually, the increase will be continuous, and much larger than 680% per year.

One of the things I always wonder about is why and how hyperinflation reaches the "self-feeding" point. Logically, to a non-econ-expert, it seems that once monetary inflation reaches the point where it's visibly damaging people seriously enough to create a huge public outcry (e.g. wiping out pensions in a matter of months, making it impossible for people to buy groceries with their weekly paycheck), the currency-creators would put the brakes on.

Right now, Our Glorious Leaders are telling us (without saying the words) that we must inflate because the alternative is worse. But why isn't there a point where everyone recognizes that the inflation itself -- hyperinflation -- is the worse alternative?

Wikipedia has a long but readable entry on hyperinflation -- which opens with a photo whose caption says it all, when it comes to the effects: "1923 Weimar Republic inflation: A German woman feeding a stove with Papiermarks, which burned longer than the amount of firewood people could buy with them."

The article briefly cites reasons government's can't stop producing more paper (e.g. war). But still doesn't really answer the question of why it's not just possible to put on the brakes at some point.

Silver ...?

Claire
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:12:17 am by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Silver

• thrivalist
  • Moderator Group
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:39:46 am »

The brakes are applied, either by those in power, by those who replace them, or by the collapse of the society.  Generally it happens too late and the currency is completely destroyed.  Sometimes the empire comes down with the currency, as it did with the Romans.  Other times, as in Germany, the presses are halted before the nation collapses, but the effects linger for generations.

The reasons the brakes aren't clamped down sooner is the same reason we have paper money in the first place:
It benefits the ones who control the printing press.

If there is any lesson to be learned from the past few days, it is that "representative democracy" is either dead or so dangerous and stupid that it should be killed.  We can call or write or even visit our "representatives."  They meet in secret, and reach a deal whose effects they do not understand, whose terms they will not read before they vote it into law.  The deal may be opposed by 93% of the public, but our representatives have spoken.  How exactly are we to stop the printing press if overwhelming supermajorities can't stop the passage of laws that demand the press be spun ever faster?

There is absolutely no evidence, no argument, no theory to suggest that printing money leads to prosperity.  The Austrian economists make an iron-clad case that money is the one commodity that does not confer a societal benefit when its quantity is increased.  No one can refute their argument, so the printers resort to ad hominem attacks, or simply ignoring the logic.  Look at "our" candidates.  Neither one of them could discuss business cycle theory for 2 minutes with any undergradute who has attended the Mises University.  But there they are, two ignoramuses blathering about failures of the free market and how they will "save" the economy. The fact that they are not ejected from the room whenever they open their mouths speaks volumes about the ignorance and apathy of the American public.

Even in a hyperinflation, especially in a hyperinflation, whomever gets the money first, before prices have risen to match, gets the benefit.  So they keep on printing money. Part of the dynamic of hyperinflations is that once people realize they are being ruined, they start to get rid of the paper as fast as they can.  They will buy anything, at any price.  Paychecks are cashed as soon as possible and spent before the day is out.  Eventually, the rate of price increases can overtake the rate of increase in the money supply.  At that point even the criminals at the printing presses start to lose, and sometimes they will stop the presses.

Why do we tolerate hyperinflation?  To ask that question is to ask: Why do we tolerate government at all?

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

Peace,

Silver

Hollywoodgold

• You can trust them to be them...
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 11:06:14 am »

Silver:

I believe that your definition of inflation is not entirely correct.

You wrote:

Increases in the money supply is the definition of inflation.

I believe the correct definition is:

"Increases in the money supply in excess of increases in production (aka GDP) is the definition of inflation."

Claire wrote:

But still doesn't really answer the question of why it's not just possible to put on the brakes at some point.

I believe the reason is that as Silver pointed out,
As this money works its way into the economy, those that get it first will benefit.  In this case Wall Street and banks are first in line.  After they get the money, it wil be spent into the rest of the economy.  Prices will go up, rapidly but not evenly across the economy.

Lets say you are number one in line to receive the fiat shot and by the time the inflated shot reaches party 100,000,000, prices of goods and services have increased (wrongly called inflation), so that the shot you got will no longer by the "stuff" you need so another "shot" is needed so that you can keep up, actually "get ahead" and purchase those needs. Goods and services have not measurably increased but the amount of Fiat in circulation is increasing causing prices to rise and an imbalance of "purchasing power" across the system.

The amount of write downs that are now occurring in the financial sector will require 'huge" amounts of liquidity injected into the economy with no concurrent increase in production. This is massive inflation.

From Steve Saville's latest newsletter the "Speculative-Investor"

The latest H.4.1 Report shows that the amount of credit extended by the Fed to banks and other financial corporations grew by $204B during the week ending 24th September. That's a 22% increase in one week! Just to be clear: the Fed extends additional credit -- and grows its balance sheet -- by providing Federal Reserve notes in exchange for some type of security. The security has historically been in the form of Treasuries, but nowadays almost anything can be used as security. In other words, the Fed has just created 204 billion new dollars within the space of only one week.

If they stop pumping liquidity into the market, the financial system will collapse and they will adhere to the old Fiat motto:

"Inflate or die".

In Jim Willie's recent piece, "Corruption, Whispers and Receivership", he aptly points out:

The plan in my view is the culmination of arrogant criminality, as its architects and promoters are the primary agents for the banking system collapse itself. Only one or two senators in Congress had the stones to confront Treasury Secy Paulson and USFed Chairman Bernanke, calling them on their extreme gall to dictate to Congress on bailout responsibility, when failures by the collection of banksters caused the problems even as their cohorts stand in line for deep financial assistance. The claims by Paulson that taxpayer protection is first and foremost is another total lie. His first priority is to funnel as much public money into Wall Street balance sheets before the grand game is shut down. Another phony call, deep lie, pure nonsense!

http://www.kitco.com/ind/willie/sep242008.html

The road to hyper-inflation has a turnoff called "Deflation", Professor Bernanke in his remarks to the National Economics Club (Deflation: Making Sure "It" Doesn't Happen Here) made it clear to the world in November 2002 that the D word would not show up on his watch which was all that the Wizards needed to hear of his CV to award him the scepter and keys.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/BOARDDOCS/SPEECHES/2002/20021121/default.htm

Gold and silver have historically been protection from the adverse impacts of inflation and especially the "Hyper" type. In reality most useable commodities can perform that function when "cash is trash" but none have the enduring benefits of protection. Another on this Forum stated that "lead" rather than gold and silver was his precious metal and I share that opinion. However, diversity, properly chosen, (beans included) is my preferred protection method.

BR/DS

"Democracy must be something more than
two wolves and a sheep voting on what to
have for dinner."

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 12:16:11 pm »

Thanks, Hollywoodgold and Silver.

It's good to have two well-informed commentators accompanying us as we spin down the drain.

Reminds me of the days when we had both Silver and Shevek here. (Shevek was probably before your time H'gold; but he's remembered fondly, despite the fact that his posts spawned the verb "to shevek" -- as in "you have been sheveked" and the noun "fussitarian.")

Claire
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

Mr. Bill

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:52:12 pm »

Good info in this thread, from people more knowledgable than I.  Just wanted to elaborate on one point -- I'm sure Silver and Hollywoodgold and most of you know this, but, for those who are confused:

The function of inflation is to tax savings.  If you're feeling conspiracy-minded, you could say it's the intended purpose of inflation: to suck the value out of the savings that prudent middle-class and modestly-wealthy people have accumulated during boom times, and redistribute it to a favored few.

Silver has already described the mechanism:

...As this [newly-created] money works its way into the economy, those that get it first will benefit.  In this case Wall Street and banks are first in line.  After they get the money, it wil be spent into the rest of the economy.  Prices will go up, rapidly but not evenly across the economy. ...

I also want to make a contrarian suggestion about hyperinflation.  I believe that what the Powers That Be want is high inflation, not hyperinflation.  Successful parasites don't kill their hosts, but only weaken them.

I know a number of you believe that our evil overlords are motivated only by lust for power, and would gleefully turn us into a giant Zimbabwe just so they could be the boot stamping on a human face forever.  I disagree.  I think money is the major motivator.  If you have enough money, you can buy all the power you need.  So I think the plan is to carefully wring out as much wealth as possible, while keeping the economy running at a satisfactory pace.  And there's also a strong external incentive to do this: China.  Even the power-mad must realize that driving the economy into the ground would put "our side" at a dangerous disadvantage in the global power picture.

So I think the P.T.B. would like to see an official CPI inflation rate in the high single digits.  (The real rate, of course, will be substantially higher.)

This is only what I think they want.  I don't know whether they'll be successful.  I do think there's a nasty risk of very high inflation plus a severe recession, both lasting for a long time.  The big money geniuses have already demonstrated that they can screw up very badly, so there's no guarantee they'll be able to do the "successful parasite" thing.

Jebur27

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 02:35:29 pm »

No, I don't think that they
would gleefully turn us into a giant Zimbabwe just so they could be the boot stamping on a human face forever. 

But, I do believe it is power lust.  And so do you.
If you have enough money, you can buy all the power you need. 

Money is one of the avenues to power, but the goal is power, none the less.  IMO, it is the avenue of least resistance.  The people are less aroused by a check book than they are by a tank. 

I'm not talking about senators or congress critters or prez or any of the visible "power" folks.  Most of them are content with money.  They don't really understand power, though. 

Sometimes the boot is not actual footwear. 
There is only one thing that remains to us, that cannot be taken away: To act with courage and dignity and to stick to the ideals that have given meaning to life.
-Jawaharlal Nehru

There's no joke we can tell about the fedgov that they can't turn into an even more absurd truth about themselves.
-Claire Wolfe

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot

Silver

• thrivalist
  • Moderator Group
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 03:01:15 pm »

Hollywoodgold,

The definition you cite is the monetarist position on inflation.  They believe that so long as the supply of money is increased slowly, no faster than the increase in productivity, prices need not rise and no harm is done.

I prefer the Austrian, or hard-money definition.  For a good discussion about the definition of inflation, including an analysis of the monetarist view, see Defining Inflation, by Frank Shostak.

The fundamental problem with the monetarist view is that it still puts mortal men in charge of the printing press.  Who gets to measure productivity?  Who gets to decide when to increase the supply of money.  Who gets the new money first?

Make no mistake, the power to create money at will is the One Ring; it confers awesome power, but inevitably corrupts all who attempt to wield it.

The Austrian, hard-money view is that markets should determine what is to be used as money.  Markets selected gold long ago, for many good reasons.  Even gold money is "inflated" at 1% a year or so, but the increase is from miners wresting the precious metal from the ground at great effort and expense.  The increase is not subject to the whim of politicians, cannot be ramped up to support war or oppression.  It is out of the hands of government, which is as it should be for a free society.

Mr. Bill,

I agree that one of the purposes of inflation is to tax savings, robbing the poor to give to the rich and powerful.  Another purpose is to fund endless war, which is otherwise so damaging and expensive that taxpayers will not stand for it for very long.  There are still other purposes, all evil, all used to serve the state.

I also agree that the masters do not want to kill the host.  It is their arrogance and ignorance that will do that job.  Bernanke fancies himself an expert on the Great Depression, and so he will lead us into a Greater Depression.  He doesn't intend to destroy the empire, but he could play a key role in its downfall. 

Yes, TPTB think they can engineer a high inflation, hold it just long enough to make the present unpayable debts affordable in the still more debased currency, then pull their levers and bring inflation down to their preferred targets of 3-6% a year.  But their knowledge is limited, and they don't have the degree of control they imagine.  In one easily forseen scenario, inflation reaches  20-30% a year.  Japan and China realize what is happening or see it coming, dump a trillion dollars on the market in a matter of days, and ignite a hyperinflation.  Game over.  Or perhaps we annoy the Russians enough that they cut off energy supplies to the West, the price of oil and gas spiral out of control.  Game over.  Or perhaps just enough sheep, 1-5% or so, wake up and pull out of the system by switching to commodity money.  There are too many possibilities to forsee the future, and the levers of power are in the hands of morons.  They don't mean to kill us, but they probably will.

Peace,

Silver

Hollywoodgold

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 03:06:21 pm »

Bill:

You wrote:

Successful parasites don't kill their hosts, but only weaken them.

Your post is well thought out and not as contrarian as you might think. There are many of this view and it is a very likely one. My view is different but not one I can prove.

My view is that the parasite does want to kill the host. My view is the parasites have sought the destruction of the host since the Declaration. I believe that the "King and his men (AKA money changers)" have sought the destruction of the rogue republic since its inception. Lord Lucre will not sit by and watch free men and women build an equitable and honest system of self governance and fair trade and commerce with real savings and investment. Might give others dangerous ideas. So numerous attempts to secure a Bank were undertaken. Andrew JAckson sent them packing and America propspered. With the exception of the Civil War, prices were stable and gold did its traditional job. Then, drooling for the mint, a false flag bank crisis in 1907 opened the door for JP to save the nation and send in his lap dog, Senator Aldrich (Rockefeller son in law) to figure out a solution. With some of the funnest guys in town, that august group of Henry P. Davison, (JP, "agent"/partner), Frank Vanderlip (Rockefellers) and Paul Warburg (House of HAnover, AKA House of Windsor and Rothschild) with Senator Nelson Aldrich, fresh from a trip to the continent to learn all about fractional reserve banking set out for Jekyll Island. The result of course was the FRAct signed by the patsy Wilson.

While I believe you are correct in the issue of not mortally killing the host, but I believe they in fact do desire to culturally, institutionally, morally, monetarily and politically kill the host.

It seems a strange coincidence that Wilson, a Princeton President and brought to power with the help of JP Morgan's efforts was the one to stick the blade in the host and Bernanke, Professor of Economics @ Princeton with the aid of JP Morgan's interests, is now twisting it to induce extreme pain in the host.

These guys never give up...

Anyway, beliefs so not constitute truth so Caveat emptor may apply.

BR/DS
have for dinner."

vonuvan

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 03:20:38 pm »

I doubt that the parasite wants to kill the host, rather the lords and vassels just want to work the peasants for everything they can't eat before it's seized, just as in feudal times of old.
The king has been replaced by government, the lords by corporations, the vassels by LEOs and corporate middle management, and the peasants by the working class, being enlarged with middle classers coming back down.

Mr. Bill

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 09:35:33 pm »

would gleefully turn us into a giant Zimbabwe just so they could be the boot stamping on a human face forever. 

Money is one of the avenues to power, but the goal is power, none the less. ...

Hmm.  Okay, I'll go with that.  Let's say it's a less-barbarian style of power lust.  Or something like that.

I also agree that the masters do not want to kill the host.  It is their arrogance and ignorance that will do that job.  Bernanke fancies himself an expert on the Great Depression, and so he will lead us into a Greater Depression.  He doesn't intend to destroy the empire, but he could play a key role in its downfall. 

I'll agree with that too.  I'm very agreeable this evening.  We're definitely in a dangerous situation.

While I believe you are correct in the issue of not mortally killing the host, but I believe they in fact do desire to culturally, institutionally, morally, monetarily and politically kill the host.

That's an interesting viewpoint.  Do they understand how everything is interlinked?  That they can't selectively kill just the freedom bits and expect all the economic bits to keep running efficiently?  Probably not.

Hollywoodgold

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 10:01:05 pm »

Money is one of the avenues to power, but the goal is power, none the less. ...

Hmm.  Okay, I'll go with that.  Let's say it's a less-barbarian style of power lust.  Or something like that.

I'll agree with that too.  I'm very agreeable this evening.  We're definitely in a dangerous situation.

That's an interesting viewpoint.  Do they understand how everything is interlinked?  That they can't selectively kill just the freedom bits and expect all the economic bits to keep running efficiently?  Probably not.

Bill:

I think they fully understand the interrelationships.

They control massive foundations, universities, Department Chairs, research institutes, banks, corporations, museums and sit on multiple interlocking boards of directors. Their job is to know and control the intellectual resources of the nation and they are doing a pretty damn good job at this heineous under-taking.

DS
have for dinner."

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 10:26:33 pm »

They control massive foundations, universities, Department Chairs, research institutes, banks, corporations, museums and sit on multiple interlocking boards of directors. Their job is to know and control the intellectual resources of the nation and they are doing a pretty damn good job at this heineous under-taking.

I have  differ with you, Hollywoodgold, and agree with Mr. Bill's speculation.

You're absolutely correct that our would-be masters understand the institutions and systems that they control. But those institutions all have a lot in common and all could come under the heading of "We've got hammers, therefore all we see are nails."

Sure, the men and women currently pulling off their coup d'etat in D.C. and NY understand large, top-down institutions (hammers). Sure they understand how to manipulate public opinion (nails). But look how chronically limited their worldview is. They always have only one answer to every, single problem: more government, more laws, more fiat currency, more orders, more police, more regulations, more centralization.

Sure, that mindset works -- for the moment -- to give them more power and control. But they've got tunnel vision. There are SO many more interrelationships they're missing -- interrelationships that are simply outside their ken.

How much of a grasp do they have of chaos theory? Of the way free markets/black markets/gray markets work? Do they understand that when they restrict freedom here, freedom flows there? Do they understand the crucial difference between political apathy and a deep, abiding, seething loathing -- both of which look the same until some key moment is reached?

Do they understand that a new invention or new idea could come along tomorrow that would knock all the underpinnings out from all their systems? Do they understand exactly what causes every empire to fall? Do they truly know how much inflation they can get away with before everything spins out of their control? I don't think so. After all, these are the folks who, 10 years or so ago, all bought into Francis Fukuyama's notion of "the end of history." (And believed the end of history was embodied in their glorious selves.)

I think they understand the world they've created and inhabit. But they totally miss, and misunderstand what a tiny fragment of reality that  is. I think the factors they don't understand -- the forces of nature and humanity and chance -- are going to bite them.

It's just too damn bad we'll get bitten, too.

My $.02.

Claire

Hollywoodgold

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 11:05:41 pm »

I have  differ with you, Hollywoodgold, and agree with Mr. Bill's speculation.

You're absolutely correct that our would-be masters understand the institutions and systems that they control. But those institutions all have a lot in common and all could come under the heading of "We've got hammers, therefore all we see are nails."

Sure, the men and women currently pulling off their coup d'etat in D.C. and NY understand large, top-down institutions (hammers). Sure they understand how to manipulate public opinion (nails). But look how chronically limited their worldview is. They always have only one answer to every, single problem: more government, more laws, more fiat currency, more orders, more police, more regulations, more centralization.

Sure, that mindset works -- for the moment -- to give them more power and control. But they've got tunnel vision. There are SO many more interrelationships they're missing -- interrelationships that are simply outside their ken.

How much of a grasp do they have of chaos theory? Of the way free markets/black markets/gray markets work? Do they understand that when they restrict freedom here, freedom flows there? Do they understand the crucial difference between political apathy and a deep, abiding, seething loathing -- both of which look the same until some key moment is reached?

Do they understand that a new invention or new idea could come along tomorrow that would knock all the underpinnings out from all their systems? Do they understand exactly what causes every empire to fall? Do they truly know how much inflation they can get away with before everything spins out of their control? I don't think so. After all, these are the folks who, 10 years or so ago, all bought into Francis Fukuyama's notion of "the end of history." (And believed the end of history was embodied in their glorious selves.)

I think they understand the world they've created and inhabit. But they totally miss, and misunderstand what a tiny fragment of reality that  is. I think the factors they don't understand -- the forces of nature and humanity and chance -- are going to bite them.

It's just too damn bad we'll get bitten, too.

My $.02.

Claire

Claire:

Of course you may be correct. I suppose the simple answer is yes, I think they know. The men and women in DC haven't a clue with respect to the strategy. I am a proponent of alternate market strategies, precious metals are an important component thereof. 

o they understand that a new invention or new idea could come along tomorrow that would knock all the underpinnings out from all their systems?
Al Gore is their idea wonk so they believe they do have a grasp.

I think the factors they don't understand -- the forces of nature and humanity and chance -- are going to bite them.

My own sense is that they do not understand the power of creativity as they are inherently destructive, So I suppose the answer is no, they don't get it at that level but they do get it at the level society seems to be operating at, currently anyway. My post to Bill was intended to raise the point that they are armed and dangerous and know the game being played better than "society", not necessarily selected members therefrom. Knowing what and who they control is essential to deflecting their assault. This is my belief. I believe that random theory, unrecognized and misunderstood, represents little more than data, not understanding and therefore not a benefit.

You may be right and I may have "missed it" but this is my view.

Do they understand that a new invention or new idea could come along tomorrow that would knock all the underpinnings out from all their systems? Do they understand exactly what causes every empire to fall? Do they truly know how much inflation they can get away with before everything spins out of their control? I don't think so.

On the invention point, I believe they do. On the inflation point, maybe. We analyze inflation as though it is not desirable but for "them", it seems desirable as they rev it up on every fiat currency until it destructs and then they seem to move on. (Kill the host and move on, well sort of).

Perhaps an equally relevant question is whether their acts, intending control and dominance, will be counteracted by circumstances resulting form beneficial human acts and experiences in pursuit of liberty and freedom?

I believe they can and live my life accordingly. The essence of my post was that they are armed, informed and have had many years to prepare even though they may be in preparation for a battle easily lost. Easy should not be assumed to be inevitable, not even in random circumstances.

Just my view...

DS

have for dinner."

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 07:21:55 am »

The essence of my post was that they are armed, informed and have had many years to prepare even though they may be in preparation for a battle easily lost.

On that, we agree. Our would-be masters are skilled at what they know. And they're very dangerous even and perhaps especially when they make mistakes.

LOL, but if Al Gore is the best they can do for an invention wonk, then there's hope for us yet!

Claire

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40   Go Up